SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-17-12, 05:37 AM   #46
lesec74
Ensign

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentmichal View Post
Yes, but first i'll try import IIA type .

hello Silentmichal and many thanks from france for your job!!

Have you some screenshots?
bye
lesec74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-12, 08:13 AM   #47
silentmichal
Frogman

Downloads: 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
OK, now that silentmichal is on the case, we'll see a playable type II in about 2 weeks!

2 weeks? Hmm, rather no . I imported main boat to SH5, but interiors, settings not yet. I'm working on it . It looks... rather good .

EDIT

You know, engine room has sth around 600 meshes. IT'S AWFUL LOT OF!
silentmichal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-12, 10:16 AM   #48
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
2 weeks? Hmm, rather no . I imported main boat to SH5, but interiors, settings not yet. I'm working on it . It looks... rather good .

EDIT

You know, engine room has sth around 600 meshes. IT'S AWFUL LOT OF!
sorry, not to be out of the way, but IIA is in the game already (at lest the IA version)... Or am I missing something from your esplanation
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-12, 11:25 AM   #49
silentmichal
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
sorry, not to be out of the way, but IIA is in the game already (at lest the IA version)... Or am I missing something from your esplanation

OK. Yes, you're right - this submarine is avaiable, but not for us - only for AI (computer). And i don't know yet, how to ADD new submarine as playable - now i know, how to "translate" one of submarine - for ex. from VIIA --> to IIA. And UBI (Yes, i hate UBI) didn't made interior (full) of this sub - they're lazy, and they made only VII interior (full). And, modders made it! Tomi_099 with his group made pretty (x1000) interior, for IIA submarine, here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...141858&page=89 (remember, that didn't release).So, he sent me this files, and i'll adapt it into SH5. Do you understeand?
Old 10-17-12, 11:47 AM   #50
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
OK. Yes, you're right - this submarine is avaiable, but not for us - only for AI (computer). And i don't know yet, how to ADD new submarine as playable - now i know, how to "translate" one of submarine - for ex. from VIIA --> to IIA. And UBI (Yes, i hate UBI) didn't made interior (full) of this sub - they're lazy, and they made only VII interior (full). And, modders made it! Tomi_099 with his group made pretty (x1000) interior, for IIA submarine, here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...141858&page=89 (remember, that didn't release).So, he sent me this files, and i'll adapt it into SH5. Do you understeand?
Oh yeah, that is what I'm planning to do with the IX (C most likely).
I just assumed you took the actual hull of the IIA from SH3/SH5, when you could have exported/imported from the GR2 files themselves.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-12, 02:36 PM   #51
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Michal, UBI wasn't lazy in a sence of the word. It was a money thng, and they figured they needed the profits more than a game that worked " right out of the box" like we'd expect it to be. Silly us. Then they made promises they wouldn't keep, and promptly dumped SH5 to the rear of the bottom shelf out in the outhouse. Sorry I'm spouting off about UBI, but I believe I speak for many out there that bought SH5 with high expectations.

The Type II and Type IX were supposed to have been included in SH5, but were left out for the sake of the almighty dollar.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-12, 02:59 PM   #52
silentmichal
Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Michal, UBI wasn't lazy in a sence of the word. It was a money thng, and they figured they needed the profits more than a game that worked " right out of the box" like we'd expect it to be. Silly us. Then they made promises they wouldn't keep, and promptly dumped SH5 to the rear of the bottom shelf out in the outhouse. Sorry I'm spouting off about UBI, but I believe I speak for many out there that bought SH5 with high expectations.

The Type II and Type IX were supposed to have been included in SH5, but were left out for the sake of the almighty dollar.

Yes, You're right. Money can everything ...