SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-23, 09:38 AM   #16
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Agreed, it is a known issue and we will be addressing it.
Old 02-20-23, 03:58 AM   #17
BrendaEM
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Engine/Electrics Wonderfully Detailed in Functionality

The tutorials are good. I might make flowcharts for the procedures, until I get some practice.

In the tutorials, are 6 of the 8 large ceiling hull-valves working, and two just modeled? Perhaps I just lost count.

There's a bit of overlap between the Propulsion and the Mechanical and Electric, but perhaps that's not a bad thing.

The handle idea, was a good way of...handing the valve status, as you can't feel of it's closed : )

I think I am more intimidated by the electrics than the diesels. I will be watching the videos quite a few times.

For new players, if you don't have it, it might be beneficial to have a period-looking, simulated notebook for with procedures on it. This will reassure new players. The Forest's Survival Manual did have an instruction aspect as well its main purpose to launch item/structure builds. Perhaps the manual could have coffee stains, or have odd remarks. Perhaps it was a gift from an older sailor, passed down to you. While not being too wordy(as this), perhaps it could be written in a way that for instance, states that the Captain has been pressuring me to make the boat be run more efficiently, and this is what is working best.

[The tutorials are the first time I saw the boat in a while. It's looking really good. Even though I have been following the progress reports, I was still amazed. I emailed a friend about it, too.

The dynamic lighting for the cylinder-valves, as well as the port/starboard lights gives a nice effect.

To nitpick, I feel that some of the boat textures/shaders still has a little more patina/texture than an active U-boat would have. Perhaps, at one time, the interior of the boat probably wasn't that detailed, and you might have needed a lot of fullers-earth to sell it, but now, you have so much great geometry to sell the interior. That stated, I don't think you are far off, but perhaps just a notch back, would still let the interior look well-used.

I just saw pics of U-505, and the the ceiling paint also is a bit ivory colored, as specified in Germany's U-Boat painting manual. Also the gray has just a touch of blue in it. I did a RAL color thread elsewhere here, and mocked up some textures, which could be adjusted.]

Looking forward to a beta release!

Last edited by BrendaEM; 02-20-23 at 01:34 PM.
BrendaEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-23, 03:36 PM   #18
lowbow
A-ganger

Downloads: 350
Default I'm Going To Buy Wolfpack on STEAM

Hello Onkel,
I'm about to buy WOLFPACK on Steam but I'm interested in how to go about setting it up to play Singleplayer with bots.
I would be obliged for any advice and help as to go about this.
Kind Regards - lowbow
lowbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-23, 05:20 PM   #19
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

ahoy longbow, good to hear from you!

This should get you started with solo player using the bots
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...14#post2630014

Old 02-20-23, 05:26 PM   #20
Rebel
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 77
Default i am looking to play

,that's an awful lot of stuff to try to remember. Spent most of today looking at the different videos. None of the videos showed me how to move around the sub. I had one hell of a job just going up the ladder hope to find the answer in 36 pages I printed as a manual when I first purchased the game . It was said by Lehman that the gray wolves were going to do more work ,on silent hunter 111.but that was some time ago.A OK ALL BE IN THE LIGHT
Old 02-24-23, 09:50 AM   #21
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

500 exams passed.
Old 02-24-23, 03:29 PM   #22
wolfeinsamer
Seaman

Downloads: 29
Default Thanks, but....

I'd just like to say thanks Onkel and everyone else involved in Wolfpack . It's really immersive (pun intended) but....

since taking the exams and seeing what's to come I now have to log on twice a day to see if the update has dropped yet . I'm like a kid at Christmas. I don't know how much longer I can wait
wolfeinsamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-23, 09:36 AM   #23
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. the videos and exam software was a lot of work but if you are getting some enjoyment out of it while you learn the game, I am happy.

Neal
Old 02-26-23, 12:11 PM   #24
KapitanShad
Nub

Downloads: 2
Default SUGGESTION

I'm a sad old fart who likes to take my time. I'm not in a rush to die. I'm prepared to steam ahead of the convoys calculated course and position my self optimally before the first and subsequent engagements. That means a lot of stand down time.
Of course there is always someone on watch, monitoring the heading and speed and potential threats etc ... but for the rest .... what are they to do .... stand there twitching thumbs ??

What I suggest is that in the ward room there are a pack of cards , chess board, etc, with the choice of various single and multi player games and maybe a personal diary available so the crew can record and save their experiences.

One thing I really wanted in the SH series was a dairy into which I could record my thoughts and even write a novel during those many hours steaming on the surface or creeping in the depths.
Now with the advent of this multi client Coop sim ... surely it would help to reduce that kamikaze impetuousness of the need for instant gratification driven in part by there being no alternatives to reckless bravado .... having such distractions might help slow the pace , build comradery and intensify the immersive fun.

Just a thought.

Last edited by KapitanShad; 02-26-23 at 12:28 PM.
KapitanShad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-23, 07:22 AM   #25
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Adding an update that will fix the Image Match questions not being shown as correct/incorrect on the View Answers section.
Old 04-23-23, 07:11 AM   #26
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 343

Great idea coming up with this.

The videos are very well made and instructive. I thought I knew the game well, but some questions really stumped me.
Old 04-23-23, 07:45 AM   #27
Yoxander
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Default Hey lads. New skipper here.

I saw the videos, I know how the game works. Just wanted to ask if there are some hard things about the game Thanks again lads!
Yoxander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-23, 10:13 AM   #28
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Yoxander!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-23, 10:18 AM   #29
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Ok I see the problem, yes on one kind of question, Image matching, it does not tell you CORRECT or INCORRECT in the results section.

On question 3, you entered S where you should have entered D.

I will see about fixing this so it will tell you correct/incorrect for the Image Match type question.
thanks for this, I'm slowly working my way through all the exams; and the navigation one boggles my 72 yearold brain...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-23, 07:45 AM   #30
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Very cool, let me know if you have any questions that are not covered in the Academy.