SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-07-22, 08:01 AM   #1
Alcon2009
Bosun

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 1
Icon12 A new active mod in development...

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=245391 --

In the thread above, someone asks if theres any other mod in development.
Someone says the bad stuff from RA and good stuff from it. I heard the Arleigh Burke and Ticonderogas is not even fair to real life, virginia, seawolf sensors are just unfair. But you have modern stuff.

Let me say, i've been developing a mod since 1.51 came.
WARNING: I took RA and modded database stuff, and added LWami things to it.

It's named AlCar Mod

NEW STUFF:

You have new LRASM missiles for arleigh burkes
arleigh burkes and ticos are now more realistic

ESSM has lwami 3d

MK48 has lwami 3d

UGST has lwami 3d

Submarine stealth and sonar stuff more realistic

Zircon missile equipped to admiral gorshkovs

New plane F-35 with it's actual sensors and weapons + lwami model (LRASM included)

New plane SU-35 with lwami model and actual sensors/ weapons.

F-22, F-15, SUKHOI 27/30/33, F-15E, SU-57, KFIR updated with actual armament and they are actually stealth.

Seawolf panel better using blue interface mod from halycon (tysm) and the typical US navy green sonar colors.

Updating submarine stats, weapons and sensors to actual

MK 48 Mod 7 torpedo for AI

Updated Almirante Padilla, Type 209 (Colombian)

Added Type 206 for Colombia

Added CN-235 for Colombia (more countries soon)

Added Buyan for Russian Navy

Added AH-64 Apache for the US

Added Eurocopter Tiger

Removed periscope for Virginia, only laser rangefinder.

Added more virginia entities until SSN-801

(SOON) fixing WHY are there bad positions for launchers in vls ships (alr did it in most ships)

Theres more stuff which i forgot. This is all i remember sorry.

WARNING AGAIN: This is a modded RA with lwami models and more realistic..

Also theres a post complaining about virginia stuff.

RA 688I/SEAWOLF/VIRGINIA SENSORS:

688i, sw, virg RA mod.jpg

AlCar Mod (AC) 688I/SEAWOLF/VIRGINIA SENSORS:

688i, sw, virg AC mod.jpg

Both subs are sensitive, since seawolf is mainly made for anti-submarine warfare it's better in many points, but the virginia is most sensitive overall but less speed.

Virginia is better than seawolf in many areas as someone said, but seawolf is also better in some areas.

I hope this fix will fit with real life and your guys opinion
Alcon2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 11:40 AM   #2
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

OK, you have my attention.

Any idea when it will be available?
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-22, 12:20 PM   #3
Alcon2009
Bosun

I don't really know, everything i said is already done + plus many others i dont remember, and also i want the mod more complete.
I'd say half 2023 or starting 2024.
Old 11-07-22, 01:20 PM   #4
Alcon2009
Bosun

cool

Something i forgot to mention:
GBU Paveway bombs are added.

SOME SPOILER SCREENSHOTS:

spoiler 1.jpg
spoiler 2.jpg
spoiler 3.jpg
spoiler 4.jpg
spoiler 5.jpg
spoiler 6.jpg
spoiler 7.jpg
Old 11-12-22, 04:32 AM   #5
asleepwater
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Icon14 I am looking forward to it and thank you very much! I have told my friends the news

I am looking forward to it and thank you very much! I have told my friends the news
asleepwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-22, 10:27 PM   #6
Wolfcat
Chief

Downloads: 27

Hey. Very nice to hear about this new mod. I have long thought about merging good stuff of RA with LWami. RA introduces a lot of technical nuances such as AI search patterns to ship borne helos. But LWami object models are definitely better. Also, RA takes away VLS launches from VLS capable ships. So visually, all SAM missiles launched from Tico and Arleigh were going horizontally. The only thing I would love to see is higher max speed for VA class. 688i is about 2k tons lighter than VA, but VA has 30% more power. 688i can make 33kts, so proportionally, VA should be able to attain the same speed. Seawolf is optimized for deep ocean ASW warfare against Soviet subs, so it would have advantage in deeper diving and faster speed. But sensor wise, Seawolf and VA should be on par to each other.
Wolfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 09:41 PM   #7
Alcon2009
Bosun

Quote:
RA takes away VLS launches from VLS capable ships. So visually, all SAM missiles launched from Tico and Arleigh were going horizontally.
I fixed this in all the VLS ships.

Quote:
The only thing I would love to see is higher max speed for VA class. 688i is about 2k tons lighter than VA, but VA has 30% more power. 688i can make 33kts, so proportionally, VA should be able to attain the same speed.
VA has a max speed of 35 kts, 688I is still on 33 and Seawolf still on 35 (40 kts for Jimmy Carter)

Quote:
Seawolf is optimized for deep ocean ASW warfare against Soviet subs, so it would have advantage in deeper diving and faster speed.
I modded the VA and Seawolf max depth values to 760 meters (2.4k feet) which is more an accurate value.

Quote:
But sensor wise, Seawolf and VA should be on par to each other.
I don't agree at all, the Virginia has Large Aperture Bow now, in the game VA now has a larger cone and the WAA update interval is 1 second. Also LAB sonar is more sensitive than Seawolf one. EDIT: I made the VA a little bit better after i did the subsim post, so the image you saw before changed a little bit.
EDIT 2: I added the Soryu class btw.

I also made diesel-electric submarines pretty quieter than nuclear ones. More realism. And made Akula quieter than 688/688i. SW and VA are also more stealth than before.

I've been done all the stuff i talked before with other submarines such at NATO or Russian ones.
TY

Last edited by Alcon2009; 12-02-22 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-02-22, 11:37 PM   #8
Wolfcat
Chief

I am not sure if VA can dive as deep as SW. I remember SW's hull is special. Also SW was a cold war design to be able to catch high-performance (deep diving and fast sailing) Soviet boats such as Alpha class in open oceans. But once again, it's one of those grey areas that no one can truly verify.

Not all VA class have LAB though. Block I and II are still using roughly the same type of sensors as their predecessors albeit with better computer and software. I guess you don't differentiate between different blocks.

Not all Akulas are quieter than 688i fltII and fltIII. As a matter of fact, Akula I was not a huge improvement over its predecessor Victor class. Akula 2 and 3 are truly formidable.

One thing I have to caution you if you are doing a big revamp of all ships and subs. Russian Kirov class nuclear battlecruiser's CIWS is bugged. The cannons would only fire toward one side (I forgot it was port or starboard) of the ship. I tried different tricks, but couldn't fix it. I guess it's one of those bugs in the default game.

Really wish you good luck and look forward to trying out your new mod!
Old 12-03-22, 08:30 AM   #9
Alcon2009
Bosun

Icon14

About the max diving depth, it's classified and no one knows the real value, but if the Seawolf can dive from 700-900m, why can't the VA do the same? I know VA isn't made for ASW but it should achieve that depth. Also who knows if the VA hull is also special?

I made Block I, II and III, IV separated. Block I and II are in the same SHIP CLASS using Spherical sonar, theres also the III and IV which is equipped with the LAB in the game. I / II / III / IV they are all playable.

(im talking about the mod here) The Akula I and I Improved are more noisy than FLT II and III, FLT I is quieter than Akula I, FLT II is noisier than Akula II, but the FLT III is still more quiet than III, II, imp and I.

You ask if im doing a revamp? well the answer is yes. In Arleigh Burkes, i added the LWAMI model for FLT IIA and i created the FLT III(also lwami model) with the other sensors. I and II still use the same model and i removed the helos for them. IIA and III use helos now. In terms of weapons, the SeaRAM is added for some from I and II like the Porter, and Donald Cook. The VLS is fixed and you have TLAM BLOCK V, SM-2, ESSM (only IIA and III and quadpacked) ASROC, LRASM.
(EDIT2: Kirov ciws is ok, nothing is wrong on it.)
LRASM is not in service yet but it will, so i added it with a realistic behaviour and max speed 700 knots.
I did the same with Ticonderogas but they are using ANTI SHIP TASM BLOCK V instead of a LRASM.

I added the FREEDOM class from LWAMI.

I added the Zircon 3M22 missiles for the new russian ships and fixed the ammount of sams and their position. CIWS now work different, they used to have 1 tube in the launcher meanwhile in real life it's 5-10 depending on the CIWS . So i made this, talking about Kirov CIWS, i will try to figure this out. I won't tell you everything about what i did, but i will tell you this: KDX III, II revamp, Kongo revamp, Eurofighter added, F-35A/B/C added with beast mode, Type 52C revamp, 212 revamp, Suffren revamp. ETC ETC

Last edited by Alcon2009; 12-03-22 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-17-22, 04:30 PM   #10
Wolfcat
Chief

It sounds like you have captured a lot of details. It's great. Yeah, once again really look forward to it. I desperately need some revamps to the game for my missions based on a conflict at Taiwan strait. The things I need:

1. More modern US aircraft such as F18e/f and f-35
2. All Chinese naval assets are pretty much garbage. Not only they look so ugly, their weapons suck. I want some real Type 52C, Type 52D or even Type 55 if possible.
Old 12-18-22, 06:02 PM   #11
Alcon2009
Bosun

The F/A-18 Super Hornet both E and F are in the game, also F-35.
About the Chinese navy i don't think i will do it in this version of the mod.
Old 01-02-23, 07:50 PM   #12
asleepwater
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

Alcon2009 Thank you, the highest tribute
asleepwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-23, 06:14 PM   #13
Alcon2009
Bosun

Hi everyone, i want to say im changing the mod release date to 2024 due to the possible lost of my information in a HDD, it's very sad but i will do all of the things i've lost but with more effort!