Old 07-07-22, 01:20 PM   #61
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

One of the former Danish Minister of Foreign affairs wrote this on his wall

Quote:
Bye bye Boris.
Wild personality. When we ran (very slowly) a trip together in Central Park NY, he recited classic English poems - and asked curiously about Denmark.
He has written a fabulous biography of Churchill - and for summits he delivered the wildest punch-lines.
Now he has hit the wall.
His greatest strength and enemy was himself. What his legacy will be, besides unruly wild bass, time will tell.
But thanks for the run.
PS: with Boris you never know - I do not think we have heard the last of him - he sees first and foremost himself as a new Churchill, the man who won World War II and then was thrown at the gate by the voters. To regain power in the next election… ..
Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-22, 01:51 PM   #62
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Makes me wonder if the Scottish people are convince they will get their referendum, when a new PM take place in Downing street 10.

Markus
Not the Scottish people, Markus, just the SNP and it's supporters.

Boris was a gift that kept on giving as far as the Nats were/are concerned. He's made things very complicated for his successor when it comes to Scotland.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-22, 02:05 PM   #63
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
One of the former Danish Minister of Foreign affairs wrote this on his wall
Markus
Quote:
PS: with Boris you never know - I do not think we have heard the last of him - he sees first and foremost himself as a new Churchill, the man who won World War II and then was thrown at the gate by the voters. To regain power in the next election… ..
With a worlds eye view like that Markus I'm very happy to know that he isn't the current Danish Minister of Foreign affairs.
Old 07-08-22, 06:02 AM   #64
Moonlight
Admiral

Well blow me down and kick me in the goolies, why did Boris not get Carrie to look into his crystal balls and say to him this "Pincher Pervert" saga is just one too many scandals that you can't fob off to anyone any more matey.
Like a magnet it's attracted large groups of miscreants together from both sides of Westminster all of them on a mission to get this disgrace of a Prime Minister ousted from office, I was looking forward to a summer of discontent but all we'll be subjected to is the witterings of the malcontents who stuck a knife into him when he needed a steadying hand instead.
Well whoever gets to be the next PM is going to be the most squeaky clean candidate they can find amongst the current contenders, that doesn't mean "Morals and Integrity" are a pre-requisite, "Oh No", **** that **** the cry will go out from the rank and file, what we need is a new Prime Minister who doesn't have any skeletons in their cupboard, and if they do have some they need to be buried alongside any one who knows about them.
Penny Mourdant for PM, most unlikely, she hopefully has more oil in her lamp than to get involved with the shenanigans that are going to take place soon, if she has put herself forward for the job she needs to reconsider her position and pull out before the nasty backstabbing begins.
Old 07-09-22, 05:42 AM   #65
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Not really bothered who gets the job.

Sunak will possibly win but I'd love to see Jeremy Hunt or Tom Tugendhat succeed.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-22, 09:54 AM   #66
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Ben Wallace has ruled himself out:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62106884

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-22, 10:22 AM   #67
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Not really bothered who gets the job.

Sunak will possibly win
The Vulcans are coming. Will there also be a Sarek, a Saavik, a Sitak and Solok?

Quote:
but I'd love to see Jeremy Hunt or Tom Tugendhat succeed.
Tugend hat, wer Tugend tut.
Tut er? Dann hat er!

Old 07-09-22, 11:02 AM   #68
Moonlight
Admiral

After Ian Duncan Smith the next thickest man in a suit in Westminster is Jeremy Hunt, if he gets to be leader of the Tory Party he won't just **** up the NHS he'll **** up the whole country.
Old 07-09-22, 11:15 AM   #69
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

"When the herd moves, it moves."-Boris Johnson meets: "Get 'em up; move 'em out" -Gil Favor: Rawhide

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 01:35 PM   #70
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
No indyref2 for a decade say Tory leader hopefuls
Hopefully that will be the case

Old 07-10-22, 02:46 PM   #71
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

This story belong both here and in our Ukraine thread- I have decided to post it here, cause it has to do with an English Minister

In Russia, Boris Johnson is accused of attacks on "peaceful territories of the Russian Federation"

Quote:
Russia, which attacked Ukraine, has accused British Prime Minister Boris Johnson of allegedly striking their "peaceful territories" and is threatening him with a lawsuit.
https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/07/10/7357387/

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 06:17 AM   #72
Moonlight
Admiral

We might never know what was said in the meetings with those Uber officials but I can guarantee that those ministers weren't there to talk about the weather, drain the swamp you might say, well that's easier said than done as everyone in Westminster is probably as bent as a butchers hook, and most of them have been involved in something similar to this so it's probably spoken of as a perk of the job.
One must remember that those MPs are not there to serve their constituents, no, they are there to serve themselves.

Uber Files: Tech firm lobbied top ministers at undeclared meetings
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62099061
Old 07-11-22, 06:48 AM   #73
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-11-22, 12:08 PM   #74
Moonlight
Admiral

A vote of no confidence in the Government by Labour's Shadow leader should be tabled in the next couple of days if Starmer has the bottle to go for it, and that brings up a political crisis for the Tory party which they won't be able to avoid either.
They can't very well oppose this vote as they've just put the knife into their glorious leader, the leadership race is already descending into the backstabbing smear campaign which I thought it would do so, perhaps a General Election is needed to put this sorry saga behind them all.
Leaderless and bloody clueless the Tories are in disarray and an Election should take place this year if Starmer plays his cards right, hehehe, maybe 2 birds will fall with one stone here, Boris gone and Starmer to fall on his sword if he loses the GE.
I'm sure that Angela Raynor the guttersnipe woman would love to see Starmer fail so she can put the knife in him and take over, crikey those MPs don't take any bleeding prisoners do they.
Old 07-11-22, 12:13 PM   #75
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The former health secretary Sajid Javid says "over the last couple of years" the Tory Party's "reputation on most values and policies has slid away."

Prime Minister Boris Johnson tells reporters he "wouldn't want to damage anybody's chances" by offering his backing to a candidate to replace him
Foreign Secretary Liz Truss is pledging to start cutting taxes "from day one" as part of her leadership bid.

Meanwhile, Bob Blackman, joint-executive secretary of the Tories' 1922 Committee, says it's likely candidates will need the support of 36 MPs to progress from the first round.

Former chancellor Rishi Sunak is the current bookies' favourite for the top job - there are 11 candidates now in total.

Labour leader Keir Starmer says Tory candidates are engaged in an "arms race of fantasy economics"