SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-09-22, 07:46 PM   #61
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Stork:
GOT IT TO WORK!
Yes, need to use a .tga image - and the Paint.net program.
Save as .tga (also called the PaintNet image) from the Paint net program.
But must have correct size: width 14.3 and height 11.25 inches.
Goto data/Menu/Loading/Open/...and load the new opening screen as Intro. Rename the original Intro as Intro_orig.
Done.
I will try to append the image I am using. Have no idea where or how I got it so I cannot credit the originator. In any case it not my design. Somewhere out there is someone to credit and will do so if he/she contacts me.
And keep in mind this is a jpg version, not a tga version so it will need to be converted before inserting it into the data file.
Whew.
Archive1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg INTRO as JPG.jpg (83.9 KB, 24 views)
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-22, 08:04 PM   #62
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92

Congrats on getting it sorted!

stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-22, 02:21 AM   #63
Andreius333
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

I am having a problem with the LSH 2022 edition where every time i try to load a save of a patrol already started it either crashes the game or it loads but its stuck with the "to the absent friends" screen, this didnt happen in the first training patrol
Is there any solution or do i have to play every patrol in one go?
Andreius333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 12:14 AM   #64
Archive1
Commander

Anyone:
First patrol. On 7Sept39 at 12:06 there is reported a small convoy 90 degrees from Loch Ewe,Scotland in the middle of the land. Probably not something the Brits could accomplish.
Maybe a small item to clean up.
Archive1
Old 06-12-22, 12:20 AM   #65
Archive1
Commander

Andreius333
Maybe you need to select the Save and Exit option when you want to leave in the middle of an active patrol. If you merely exit you lose the patrol and start over in the next one.
I had the same problem. With save and exit give the exited patrol some identifying label - like "Miss1 A" meaning first patrol, first exit. Then it will load the next time you start the game.
I think I'm right here.
Archive1
Old 06-12-22, 09:23 AM   #66
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreius333 View Post
I am having a problem with the LSH 2022 edition where every time i try to load a save of a patrol already started it either crashes the game or it loads but its stuck with the "to the absent friends" screen, this didnt happen in the first training patrol
Is there any solution or do i have to play every patrol in one go?

No, does not mean you have to play all patrols in 1 sitting... unless you know you got the time to do so, then if you feel like it, you can... then by all means, go for it. Otherwise...

In this... would suggest:

1. Begin backtrack reloading saves prior to that 1 giving you fits... until finding 1 that successfully. After finding that magix bullet... proceed to progress... yet again, once more forward on your career.

What it sounds like here... is that your save (the 1 giving you fits) was done, under certain... conditions which will... inadvertently... cause CTD's or... save file corruption.

Never save, in the following... conditions/instances, to avoid adding to causes for CTD's or game save file corruption:

1. NEVER save your progress... submerged. Always be surfaced.

2. NEVER save while in Bridge view mode... rather instead, save while either in the command room or at the nav map.

3. NEVER save, right after you've made contact with any # of ships, be it... a single contact, a convoy or... in those rare instances, a task force.

4. Just as with # 3, NEVER save... right after sinking a ship or in the case of a convoy/task force. Best advice... get as far away from the area... preferably 20nm at minimum. & then follow up with the golden rule save point procedures... listed below the what NOT to do section.

5. As with # 4, NEVER save, after downing an aircraft or several of them. (Though, I will admit ... with this 1, it may be... a weeeeee less problematic, that say, a ship or ships, is. But... rather than risk it, just avoid saving... in the off chance you have to duke it out with aaannnyyyy aircraft, at all. )

6. NEVER save, after coming out of high Time Compression usage.

7. NEVER save near land or in shallow sea areas. Always go for at minimum, 20nm away from land, just as with sunk ship/s-aircraft... at least.

8. NEVER save, in the middle of repairs... or much less crew healing up, either.

9. Shouldn't have to be said, but... NEVER save in the middle of torp transfers... either. (I, only mention this in passing... but had what I believe to be a very rare... incredibly rare instance, as I've not seen anything about it... but... I did this once, &.. on reload of the save... that torp, instead of being loaded up from ext. stores... instead of being shoved back into ext. stores... simply... disappeared, as if it had sailed off, into the... Bermuda Triangle.

Did a back up to a previous save & had it back... so no big sweat. Was 1 I had done prior to needing to pull in torps from external storage... & well after a battle with a mid sized convoy... &... after I had to wait for better weather to be able to do the transfer of fish from ext. to internal. So, was easily correctable.)

Now, when you know you're in the clear... no signs of contacts at all in the area... double check, by... submerging to periscope depth... no motors at all.. do a quick sound check... yourself... don't just rely on ol' Hanz, to do that at the sonar station... ensure there are no contacts any where nearby... then, pop scope, run a visual check to ensure no aircraft are about... then surface...

once back up on top... again, making sure your clear of land, not in shallow waters... no sunk ships or aircraft shot down... none of those other things ongoing... then, you are as safe as possible to then, save... so you can exit.

And, 1 last NEVER....

NEVER, EVER... overwrite a previous, or older save.... did I mention.... EVER.!

Hope this helps... as always.

M. M.
Old 06-12-22, 11:24 AM   #67
Andreius333
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Thanks for the advices, i maybe was uncareful in my first saves and i will follow these rules, anyway i just reinstalled the game and started a new career and now it works
Andreius333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-22, 12:30 PM   #68
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreius333 View Post
Thanks for the advices, i maybe was uncareful in my first saves and i will follow these rules, anyway i just reinstalled the game and started a new career and now it works

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M.
Old 06-14-22, 04:48 PM   #69
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post

Gute jagd, ihr Himmelhunde.!

M. M.
Good evening Mad Mardigan
my best greetings.. have you already apprehended the mod
what can i say thanks..
See you soon Kal Maximus U669
Kal_Maximus_U669 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-22, 10:42 PM   #70
Archive1
Commander

Andreius333:
You just received an answer from one of the established masters. Far better than my reply. The important thing here is, if you have a problem you will get an answer - maybe not the best, but you will not be left hanging. We all try to assist one another. A good crew.

Wonderful to see Mad Mardigan and Karl Maximus again. I've been away for a good while but am back. Good to see old "shipmates" as it were.

Archive1
Old 06-18-22, 11:03 AM   #71
Rickster1
Chief

Downloads: 508
Default periscope animation

As the title says, have installed the mod and im enjoying it after a few years not playing sh3 as im laid up in bed and one animation im missing is the observation periscope going up and down that you can see in the control room , is that not in it?
Rickster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-22, 11:32 PM   #72
Archive1
Commander

Rickster1:
Nope. As far as I know (as a user not developer) only the attack scope is in the control room. The observation scope is only available with the Ins/O (up) or Del/O (down) commands - then it appears on the screen in a usable fashion.
Sorry. Hope this helps. Take care of yourself.
Archive1
Old 06-20-22, 03:51 AM   #73
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
Rickster1:
Nope. As far as I know (as a user not developer) only the attack scope is in the control room. The observation scope is only available with the Ins/O (up) or Del/O (down) commands - then it appears on the screen in a usable fashion.
Sorry. Hope this helps. Take care of yourself.
Archive1
Believe it is... the attack scope that is in the conning tower, the observation scope is the 1, that is in the control room.

Observation scope controls: Insert key = Up, Delete key = down Ctrl+Insert = auto up, Ctrl+Delete = Auto down.

If I am remembering all that, correctly...

M. M.
Old 06-20-22, 05:55 AM   #74
Rickster1
Chief

Downloads: 508
Default Periscope

Thanks, ive tried the ins keys ect and doesnt work for me. Its not really a problem as this is a great mod, I would have prefered flac monkeys interior and the up down mod for the periscope but they are only small issues as i said this is such a good mod anyway,
Rickster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-22, 12:55 AM   #75
Archive1
Commander

Rickster1:
I went to the program and when at the observer scope in the control tower t he following keys do seem to work.
Ins+page up = up scope incrementally and Del +Page down = down scope bit by bit
Full up or full down is: Ctrl + Ins = full up and Ctrl + del = full down.
They do seem to work for me.
Try again. If at first ...
Hang in there - from an old guy who's had some trouble too.
Archive1