SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-16-20, 11:31 AM   #1
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Default Losing signal to monitor during startup

I get the "Pro Series" and in the bottom of the screen I can read between () Press F-something to...

Then the screen is black for a second and my welcome screen appear-Well at those times startup works.

Lately I get "No signal" message and have to reboot my computer.

It does the same after having played games and have pressed exit/Quit game-then black screen and the message "No Signal"

My monitor has its on power supply and are connected to my stationary with a HDMI cable.

I made a search and in some of the comments I read-they said it most likely is the HDMI cable-
BUT I can see the logo "Pro Serie" and the text between () it's after this I lately get black screen and the text "No Signal"

Thank God I still have my old HP laptop computer, because I have a feeling this one is heading for a service and perhaps a repair.
(It's only 8 month old)

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 03:26 AM   #2
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Have you checked the driver(s) for your monitor? Sometimes the OS will automatically install a generic driver rather than a driver specific to the device as provided by the device manufacturer; check to see, also, that you have the latest drivers for your specific OS version; Win 10 drivers very often won't work with earlier OSs and vice versa...

Also, as an afterthought, you might want to check the display settings to see if your display sleep or screensaver setting may have been altered...

<O>
Old 08-17-20, 12:05 PM   #3
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

One of the first thing I did when I got this new gaming computer, was to check for the lastest driver. Which I sometimes do after a Windows update.

It was also one of the thing i did when this problem occurred

Checking for drivers to my graphic and monitor.

My sleep/turn computer off is disable and my screensaver is set to 1 hour.

Today there wasn't any problems.

I think it's one of my game I use to play.

When I click on exit, in the game the startscreen pops up after some second, but now and then I get...No signal instead and I have to restart my computer.

The next following day(s) I get problem with no signal.

I have decided to throw this game away-Even though it was one of my favorite.(I have NO experience in working with computers and I seem to having problem with reading stuff and translate it into practice)

I will have a talk with those who sold my this computer.

Markus
Old 08-17-20, 07:03 PM   #4
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Try moving the cable around to see if the monitor flickers, if you have any electronic cleaning solvent then spray the plug ends and try again.
The system should still be under warranty if all else fails.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 01:33 AM   #5
vienna
Navy Seal

A good rule of thumb regarding drivers and Windows 10: Win 10 is known for sometimes swapping out an OEM driver for an MS generic during updates, so it is very often a good practice to double -check to see if the OEM driver you install is still there; I found out about this 'bug' when a display had its resolution reset when MS 10 changed out the dedicated driver...

<O>
Old 08-18-20, 12:08 PM   #6
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

It is one my game who is creating this problem.

Wonder if it's my NVIDIA Graphic card who is doing it.

I have the HDMI between the monitor and the GPU(Graphic card)

There are some who say the monitor should be connected to the CPU while others say

If you only use your computer to surfe, watching movies, a.s.o. then it's ok to use the CPU as connection to your monitor.
But if you play games which demand something(forgot it) then you must connect your monitor to GPU(Graphic card)

I do not own a DVI cable only a total new HDMI cable which i use now Monitor-Computer.

I have checked this cable and I can't see any failure on it.

So it must be my graphic card.

More about this game, which i thing may cause it.

It's Farming Simulator 19 (DVD version)
The game say NVIDIA is preferred and I have NVIDIA installed.

But this game give me sometimes no-signal between exit the game and the startscreen of the game(here I quit the game and enter desktop)

Last time I played I had to restart my computer 3 times before I could see my welcome screen. And the following day(s) after I use to get this no signal after the intro. No welcome screen appear.

I will play some of my game I have on STEAM to see if they give the same problem.

Either way I have planned to take the trip to my neighbour town day after tomorrow and there I will have chat with those who sold me this gaming computer.

Well I have a gaming computer and what is it worth if I can't play game on it.

Markus
Old 08-19-20, 05:00 AM   #7
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

This is starting to sound like a bad heatsink joint on the GPU card, starts ok but doesn't take long to overheat, could also be the GPU fans. Something to check out anyway!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-20, 01:21 PM   #8
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Yesterday I did as I mention in my last post-I played a few hours game via STEAM(delivered goods from Holland to Italy)
And today there wasn't any issue with this no signal.

So it's only this game(FS19) who is causing it..BUT WHY..the req. for this game is 2 GB dedicated graphic ram(VRAM I think it's called) and my graphic card has 6 GB-so it's only using around 1/3 of the capacity.

I remember, when I had a clean install of the game there wasn't any problem-after I clicked on exit-I went from game to my desktop, but as soon i install one the thousands of mods there is out there to this game-I do not enter desktop after exit...instead the start screen pops up.

Either way I have decided to until further notice put the game away and if there isn't any who can help IRL then I throw the game away and no other game will be bought.

I'm not a nerd...reading all the things that can be done well I do NOT know how to change a text(theory) into action(practice)

Which makes me sad...payed hundreds of dollars to play good games on my gaming computer..and then...I can't

Markus
Old 08-19-20, 08:16 PM   #9
vienna
Navy Seal

A possibility may be to see if the game has an active support site and/or a user forum; it could be you are not alone in your problem; do a search on Google of the game's name and maybe a brief description of the problem, something like...

"Farming Simulator 19" display problem pc

I tried the above search and came up with several possible links; since I don't really know the particulars of your situation, you'll have to see what actually fits; however, from what you've posted, this may be a close match to check out:

how to fix black screen fs19 --

https://steamcommunity.com/app/78786...7898974117448/

Hope this might help you...

<O>
Old 08-20-20, 01:29 PM   #10
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

As mentioned in my last post I toke a trip to my neighbour town, where I had a talk with one of the service men in the shop where I bought this gaming computer.

Said under normal circumstances there's no problems but this game gives sometimes no-signal between exit game and the games start screen and then I have the problem 1-3 days or so after-during startup.

Him:
" I think it's the game which is causing you those problems, since you said otherwise the startup works great."

Said to him
A clean install of the game I go from game directly to my desktop after exiting the game and I can't remember having any problem there, but as soon as i install a mod this change-then it's exit...black screen for a second...and the games start screen, except those time I get no signal.

Him:
"Then it can only be some of the mods you are using."

Me:
But which one ? All of them are downloaded from their mod page, where even Giants use to put up some mods and where a modder have to be cleared before his or her mod can be downloaded.

Said since I have no problem whatsoever playing game via STEAM I'm thinking of buying the game through them instead, which mean double cost.

Him:
"Then it is the game and or these mods you have installed.
Don't play the game for a month, if the problem pops-up now and then, then come with your computer and we will have a look at your graphic card."

Said -I have put it away..Next time it will be through STEAM.

Markus
Old 09-04-20, 01:56 PM   #11
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

An update.

So I purchased the game through STEAM, as I never had any problems with their games(ETS2, ATS2 Farmer's Dynasty)

In the package there was a mod(forgot it's name)

When I exit game I come directly to the welcome screen-same screen who appear after the intro.

When I activate this mod..The screen is black for about 5-7 sec after I have clicked on exit.

Mod activated:
Exit...(5-7 sec. black screen)...welcome screen appear...click on quit...2 sec. black screen...desktop.

These 2 sec black screen between game and desktop is there whether I have activated a mod or not.

So...support here I come.

Markus