SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-11-20, 11:49 AM   #16
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
Funny how this post came up, I've just experienced the same thing. In my patrol, I left Breast for AE77. That's just a tad SW of Iceland. I'm aware it's far north and it was July. All was good until I took a cruse to the north side of Iceland. At that point my daylight hours started at 1630 and ended at 2330 and stayed that way until I finished the patrol in September. I had a lot of success in the BE and BF grids after hanging around Iceland and moving south, so head'n home was not an option. It was still messed up. I was in the northern latitudes for about 50 days and never go above 64x. I'm also using GWX3. I've only experienced this 1 other time, many patrols and many years ago. After docking and ending that patrol, I started another patrol and all was good. The day/night times must have reset or something. This is only the 2nd time I've had this happen. I wounder if it had something to do with the arctic day/night cycle in summer months for extended periods of time. Just'a thought.

With me it's happening with CCoM10, right now ...
Old 06-11-20, 11:59 AM   #17
Kapitän
The Old Man

So, this what I do, when I want to take a break from playing and want the weather to stay the way it is when I restart and to ensure, that the damage on previously torpedoed ships remains and is still there, after I load the game again:

I save the game and return to the menue BUT I don't exit the game. I merely, go back to the Windows desktop and turn the PC to Hibernate.

This way, all I have to do to restart the game is resume the PC from hibernation and load the last game save.

This also, seems to reduce the probability of "Malfunction & Sabotage" from the Sh3_Cmdr.

Naturally, I do not use this practice, when I take a break from playing for an extended period of time.

I do wonder though, if this practice of mine, may contribute to the shifting sunrise/sunset "problem" ...
Old 06-11-20, 12:51 PM   #18
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re

I haf to admit, I'm a little heavy on the "pause" I've pause SHIII over nite many times. Never in all my years have I experienced a crash or any problems with the game. I save every 3 game days and after tonnage. I shut everything down and restart every other save.
Old 06-11-20, 02:46 PM   #19
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
I haf to admit, I'm a little heavy on the "pause" I've pause SHIII over nite many times. Never in all my years have I experienced a crash or any problems with the game. I save every 3 game days and after tonnage. I shut everything down and restart every other save.

I save every day at 12:00 and 24:00 and in between time, after any ship sinking etc. but continue until a good time to leave the game, i.e., mid ocean, no other ships around, surfaced ...
Old 07-06-20, 11:26 PM   #20
Tyronster
Swabbie

Downloads: 21

This is a known issue on SH4. The problem arises when you play the game with high framerates. The higher you go the worse it gets. Locking SH4 at 30 fps fixes the problem. Perhaps SH3 is the same way?

Tried finding the thread where guys were discussing it but not having any luck.
Tyronster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 07:09 AM   #21
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyronster View Post
This is a known issue on SH4. The problem arises when you play the game with high framerates. The higher you go the worse it gets. Locking SH4 at 30 fps fixes the problem. Perhaps SH3 is the same way?

Tried finding the thread where guys were discussing it but not having any luck.

Interesting! Very possible, that it could be similar with SH3. I never pay much attention to the framerates. How can one "lock" them?
Old 07-07-20, 08:24 AM   #22
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Interesting! Very possible, that it could be similar with SH3. I never pay much attention to the framerates. How can one "lock" them?
Probably using Nvidia Inspector
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 01:35 PM   #23
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Probably using Nvidia Inspector
Is that an external program to be installed on the PC seperatly?
Old 07-07-20, 02:54 PM   #24
Fifi
Navy Seal

Yes, it’s a little application VERY helpful
Google : Nvidia Inspector download
I couldn’t play on Nvidia card without it.
You adjust all your video settings there.
Old 07-07-20, 03:20 PM   #25
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Yes, it’s a little application VERY helpful
Google : Nvidia Inspector download
I couldn’t play on Nvidia card without it.
You adjust all your video settings there.
I also noticed, that Bandicam has an option to limit the framerate. Would that also be a solution?
Old 07-07-20, 03:32 PM   #26
Fifi
Navy Seal

Don’t know...
Old 07-07-20, 06:57 PM   #27
Tyronster
Swabbie

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
What I ended up using is the Nvidia control panel.

1. When on your windows desktop right click anywhere in the background and a menu should come up. If NVIDIA Control Panel shows up as any of the options then you should be able to do the same thing I did.

nvidia.jpg

2. Now in this program under Manage 3D Settings as shown in the picture, change the tab from Global to Program Settings.

nvidia sh4.jpg

3. Click Add, and if the SH3 launcher icon shows up you should be able to just select that. If it doesn't show up you may have to click browse and find it wherever you have it installed. (The example here shows SH4 but I'm guessing SH3 will be the same)

4. Once that is done scroll through the options until you see Max Frame Rate as I have highlighted in the picture. Click the little drop down arrow and it will give a slider you can move or you can just type 30 in the little box on the right. Click OK.

5. A button will appear on the bottom of the Control Panel that says "Apply". Click that and you should be good to go!

As a side note your in game time may still be screwed up in your current patrol but I would guess when you start your next one it should be correct and stay correct.

Also if you don't have this as an option I would guess that using bandicam to limit it would probably work as well.

Good luck
Tyronster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-20, 07:11 PM   #28
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

Tyronster! quite a silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 03:23 AM   #29
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyronster View Post
What I ended up using is the Nvidia control panel.

1. When on your windows desktop right click anywhere in the background and a menu should come up. If NVIDIA Control Panel shows up as any of the options then you should be able to do the same thing I did.

Attachment 3355

2. Now in this program under Manage 3D Settings as shown in the picture, change the tab from Global to Program Settings.

Attachment 3356

3. Click Add, and if the SH3 launcher icon shows up you should be able to just select that. If it doesn't show up you may have to click browse and find it wherever you have it installed. (The example here shows SH4 but I'm guessing SH3 will be the same)

4. Once that is done scroll through the options until you see Max Frame Rate as I have highlighted in the picture. Click the little drop down arrow and it will give a slider you can move or you can just type 30 in the little box on the right. Click OK.

5. A button will appear on the bottom of the Control Panel that says "Apply". Click that and you should be good to go!

As a side note your in game time may still be screwed up in your current patrol but I would guess when you start your next one it should be correct and stay correct.

Also if you don't have this as an option I would guess that using bandicam to limit it would probably work as well.

Good luck
Wow, thanks for that! Very helpful!

I'm in mid-patrol right now and will give the Bandicam-Option a try and if necessarry, the way you described, between patrols.

Just one last question: Does it necessarrily have to be 30 fps or can it be another number, e.g., 40?

Thanks, again!

Last edited by Kapitän; 07-08-20 at 04:11 AM.
Kapitän is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-20, 06:26 AM   #30
Kapitän
The Old Man

Hi Guys,

I activated the FPS Display option in Bandicam and started the game, and get crazy high FPS numbers displayed in top left corner of the screen:

- In the game menue, over 2000
- After the game save is loaded,
- Inside the boat on the different stations (F2 - F9), up to and over 800
- Outside the boat (F10 - F12), up to and over 300
Can this be? I have a 60Hz Screen ...

So what would happen to the game, if I lock the FPS via Bandicam to 60 or lower?

Thanks!