Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-24-20, 02:47 PM   #106
zachanscom
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle505 View Post
I agree, I just hope they expand the subs interior enough to be able to “walk around” to a few compartments, even something as simple as a free camera inside and outside the sub, different ports to dock at, and a free roam mode where you can go explore the polar ice caps if you want, or run from the pacific down around and out into the Atlantic. I just want the basic free roam ability’s to command a modern nuclear submarine to start with. That’s what Iove about UBOAT, instead of always being forced to engage in battles like an arcade game, you can just sail around and explore if you wish and focus on crew and sub management. If this turns out to allow you to do that it will be quite literally a dream come true for me!!
yeah that's what i liked about silent hunter 3, especially its weather systems and the wave simulations. it was pretty ahead of its time how immersive and realistic they were able to make it. i hope we are able to just sail and navigate. hopefully there is a conning tower view like in silent hunter 3 for when you want to experience rough seas i heard there is an external view it just won't be helpful for gameplay, which is understandable, but i really do enjoy the detail they put on the models. especially from the trailer where the akula had all these plating, nubs, and 3 dimensional details on the hull. in cold waters they had normal mapping for these features, but it's not the same when it's flat, you can tell the difference. i always thought cold waters could have used more detail and rounded out the subs a lot more. i think modern pcs could get away with it. i much prefer some of the larger details be rendered 3 dimensionally with the smaller details being normal mapped. with modern cpu and gpu technology, i doubt it's much of a big problem. in fact i think we should push for even greater fidelity as most mid range pcs should have no difficulty
zachanscom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 04:54 AM   #107
ljqcn101
Sailor man

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatThuVoBui View Post
Maslas, the most simple way I can say it is this:

If you ACTUALLY manage to pull off a modern SSN submarine simulation that at least matches SH5 + TWOS levels of realism or greater, then I will personally buy 3+4 copies and gift them to my friends and spend HOURS on your game easily!

Good luck!
I'd say DW / Sub Command / Jane's 688i levels of realism or greater, since you'll be spending most of your time staying deep underwater and playing with passive sonar / towed array / demon display / manual TMA. The level of details in ocean acoustic environment simulation, weapon system and sensor modelling really matters here, more so than just periscope, TDC, weather and wave simulations in Silent Hunter series.

As for previously mentioned external view, honestly I couldn't care less about it and other eye candy things like conning tower for a hardcore simulator. It would be a plus or good to have thing but certainly less priority than acoustic environment, weapon and sensor modelling.

Also for the devs, would there be Maneuvering Board included at the nav station so we can do some proper plotting using real life techniques?

Last edited by ljqcn101; 12-27-20 at 05:56 AM.
ljqcn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-20, 01:42 PM   #108
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

3D models will have some importance in the sim, for missions where you have to sneak under the hull of a ship/subs to take photos of his propeller, sonar , SOKS, .... or to watch the launch of a new weapons (missiles for example). And maybe hide under the hull of a cargo ship to avoid detection to enter an harbor to deliver a SpecOps team

Even to surface to MedEvac a sick crewmen by helicopter.

Who known? The devs are tightlips.
Old 01-01-21, 07:40 AM   #109
NeoDude
Nub

Downloads: 0

This looks amazing! Count me in as a buyer as soon as it's available.

Do your plans only cover SSNs at the moment? Any plans for accurate simulation of SSBN ops?

Also, really hoping that we can get away from this "Scenario" based warfare like in CW and DW. Would be awesome if we could actually have full control from port. I realise that this would mean you wouldn't be doing much 99% of the time, but hey, that's realism for you. Perhaps a few aggressive time warp options could help with this?
NeoDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 12:43 PM   #110
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

SSBN, the most boring boat in the world. Doing a racetrack a 2-3knots for 90 days, at a certain depth, then coming back home.

So exciting that everybody will fall asleep on their keyboard after few hours.
Old 01-01-21, 02:13 PM   #111
NeoDude
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyMowgli View Post
SSBN, the most boring boat in the world. Doing a racetrack a 2-3knots for 90 days, at a certain depth, then coming back home.

So exciting that everybody will fall asleep on their keyboard after few hours.
Wasn't boring in Crimson Tide and Hunt for Red October :P
NeoDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 02:14 PM   #112
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

You known movies and reality are set in a totally different Universe.

I am afraid to tell you Superman doesn't exist
Old 01-02-21, 07:38 PM   #113
SKIPPER80
Watch

Downloads: 14

any possible to see more immersive interior environment like uboat? Not all sub, just some legend one.
SKIPPER80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 10:04 PM   #114
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Too much work for what? Moving from point A to B and back.

And if the devs want to do that one day maybe they need real blueprints.

You can have them easily for the old German subs but for any modern ship/boat from USA,Russian, Chinese and other countries if a little difficult to say so.

If you known someone you can share them for free, please let them known
Old 01-03-21, 12:13 AM   #115
zachanscom
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 2

those boring parts are what time compression is for, and the silent hunter games had them too. uboat sims have been done to death. patrol>contact>periscope depth>sink ship>rinse and repeat. see i can make it sound tedious too. modern sims are far more engaging considering their much greater versatility. if done right, this will blow the silent hunter franchise away and become the new sub sim staple and you'll have to deal with a new slew of modern sub sims while all uboat sims fade into obscurity haha
zachanscom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 07:34 AM   #116
Dahoon
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Oh wow, I haven't posted on here for ages. Almost thought myself lost at sea. But this looks amazing. Most def. another buyer here

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetnick View Post
Since we are at the time of drones, that can even stay in the air for a very long time, and have sensors of various types, I can see a modern submarine having a drone that can be launched and go to the surface and then take off to reach a high altitude to do areal recon, and also one that can run quiet and go ahead of the submarine to survey mine fields and map them or the sea route, and or search for submarines without giving away the mothers subs location, is there one mod of this nature some one can make????

Many, like the Swedish A26, have advanced drones (UUV) that can operate as recon, decoy, etc. So why not
Old 01-23-21, 06:18 PM   #117
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Drones (UAV, SLUAS, ...) will be there but i don't think at the lauch of the first opus.

Someone asked on the discord channel about UAV, ...

Here the answer of the other Maslas brothers (Kyrgiannis):

We want to add all kinds of drones (uas, ucav, usv). But before we add anything we need to have some hard data about it. Currently SLUAS are still in concept phase.
So the answer is not yet.
Old 03-14-21, 10:37 AM   #118
Badger343rd
Loader

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 3

Hmmm...their website is down...
Badger343rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 03:29 PM   #119
maslas
MNW Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger343rd View Post
Hmmm...their website is down...

Something went wrong with our hosting provider and some of our pages are down... we are investigating the problem with them.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for mentioning
Old 03-16-21, 01:43 AM   #120
maslas
MNW Dev

As of now the MNW site is up and running again. There was a problem on some missing libraries after an unscheduled upgrade that the host made on their servers.
We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you again for letting us know.

Cheers

Tags
dangerous waters, modern naval, modern sub