SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-17-08, 07:23 PM   #61
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Lurker, just FYI, the wakes on the uboats are an easy fix. Theres a couple ways to do it, although i did this with a destroyer as opposed to a sub, but off the top of my head i think it was easier to use a SH4 val file as opposed to fixing the one from SH3, and remap the IDs to "plug it in" to an existing model.

As i recall, all i did was Just note in the orginal val file what nodes were being used and in dat file, and then took a similar val file from sh4, renamed it, remapped its ids, and then changed the parent ID's to tie into the proper nodes from the dat. Easy as pie.
Thanks for the info, I had integrated some of the SH4 nodes into the SH3 files, but now I will do as you suggest, should be about a 20 minute job
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-08, 07:34 PM   #62
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Just note the words..."As i recall,...."

It was late when i did this, and i tend to glosss over the details. You might have an easier time to just import a new ship wake controller from Sh4 into the existing val file. I just vaugley recall that the val files from SH3 were alot more complex (hence, alot more crap to fix/make compatible), so i went with the other way of redoing a SH4 val file since they are alot less complex.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-08, 09:49 PM   #63
CDR Resser
Lieutenant

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Wow, lurker. It sounds to me you will have the atlantic campaign all wrapped up by the fall. With the quailty of your work, so far, it will be worth the wait. Thanks.

Respectfully Submitted;
CDR Resser

Man, I can't wait to get this diaper off my head.

Holy Equestrian Order of Saint John Moses
Sometimes, in war, there is an inverse moral. The greater the performance, the harsher the consequence. R.H. O'Kane
CDR Resser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 06:35 AM   #64
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Outstanding! If i aint using RSRDC can i still just install this mod and it will work or do i have to have RSRD installed as well

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 06:44 AM   #65
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_2005
Outstanding! If i aint using RSRDC can i still just install this mod and it will work or do i have to have RSRD installed as well
This mod is stand-alone, so go ahead and install it. Like I said before, it's reason enough to get the add-on!

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 07:19 AM   #66
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Dang Lurker....Operation Drumbeat! You mad man!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-08, 11:05 AM   #67
kurfürst
Chief

Downloads: 152

Thank You Lurker for your brilliant work!
"Operation Monsun" really rocks, can´t wait for "Paukenschlag"!
Will there also be a type IX C/40, converted from SHIII?

Keep up You good work!

Arnd
kurfürst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 12:08 PM   #68
Hackett
Mate

Downloads: 53

The addition of Mikhayls' Type IIB is a welcome one with patch 2, but there is a problem with the rotating RDF antenna on the Type IXD2 and the mock Type IX/C40, rotating inside it's housing, instead of in a raised position.
Not a huge problem and doesn't stop SH4 working, but spending any time on the bridge. It's rapidly becomes annoying to the point of distraction.

I only glossed over the read-me, so if this problem is already noted, please forgive my ignorance.

Looking forward to the next installment to the ever growing and ever popular Monsun series.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 02:45 PM   #69
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
This is to just let people know where “Operation Monsun” is heading. Currently working on the next phase, “Operation Paukenschlag” (Drumbeat), the BdU’s operations against the United States in late 1941 / mid 1942. You will command a Type IXB / C or Type VIIC for your operations and will go to the same operas as Hardegen ( U123 ) , Topp ( U552 ). It will have the same historical immersion that you have already seen in RSRDC and OM v100.

After “Operation Paukenschlag” will start working on a Black Sea / 30th Flotilla campaign based around the Type IIB created by Mikhayl.
Lurker mate your work is the best thing that has happened to this game since its release. I really can't find the words to express my gratitude to you for dedicating such a huge amount of hours to give us these lovely campaigns. You are making our games be 100x worth the price we paid for them and 100x more enjoyable.

Someone should give you a medal
Old 04-18-08, 06:05 PM   #70
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurfürst
Will there also be a type IX C/40, converted from SHIII?
Arnd
Yes there will be a "new" C/40
Old 04-18-08, 06:08 PM   #71
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
The addition of Mikhayls' Type IIB is a welcome one with patch 2, but there is a problem with the rotating RDF antenna on the Type IXD2 and the mock Type IX/C40, rotating inside it's housing, instead of in a raised position.
Not a huge problem and doesn't stop SH4 working, but spending any time on the bridge. It's rapidly becomes annoying to the point of distraction.

I only glossed over the read-me, so if this problem is already noted, please forgive my ignorance.

Looking forward to the next installment to the ever growing and ever popular Monsun series.
It's fallout from the IIB added on, should have check out. For a "quick fix" deinstall patch 2, then find the "Library" directory and remove it. That will stop the DF antenna from rotating. Will come up with a better fix in a day or two.

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 04-18-08 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-18-08, 06:56 PM   #72
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Hi Lurker, if you want to keep the moving antenna you will need to raise the antennas on the other boats (obviously), but if you don't care about it you can simply delete the senzori_uboat.dat file that was included with the type II. The rotating RDF is about the only change I made to it so you won't lose much.
Cheers
That the planned fixed.
Old 04-18-08, 11:07 PM   #73
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Patch 3 is Up

Corrected the postion of the DF Antenna for the IX/C40 and IXD2 so it's no longer retracted.

Link is on the first post
Old 04-19-08, 02:16 AM   #74
tearsofwrath
Watch

Downloads: 107
Default problem with operation monsoon

hello there, so far i played the setup with ducimus' great trigger maru+ the newest servicepacks, uboot enable, rsrd in the correct setup with patches and operation monsoon with patch 2 (deinstalled 1). worked fine. now i updated to ducimus whole tm, with the patches included and the new patch 3 of operation monsoon. with the patch 3 (or 2 for that matter, reinstalled the patch and tested it) i dont see any crew anymore when at the base in lorient at the beginning.

tried to start later, same thing, no crew. if i deinstall patch 3 (or2) i see the crew just fine in base and can select to fill up the roster if i want. just with the operation monsoon patches (i only use either 3 or 2, not both, roll ups) i cant see it anymore (in base). would anyone have any idea why that is? as i said, worked before i upped to tm patches included. op monsoon works without any patch though (crewwise in base)

thx for the help and keep going strong, great mod
tearsofwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-08, 08:11 AM   #75
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearsofwrath
hello there, so far i played the setup with ducimus' great trigger maru+ the newest servicepacks, uboot enable, rsrd in the correct setup with patches and operation monsoon with patch 2 (deinstalled 1). worked fine. now i updated to ducimus whole tm, with the patches included and the new patch 3 of operation monsoon. with the patch 3 (or 2 for that matter, reinstalled the patch and tested it) i dont see any crew anymore when at the base in lorient at the beginning.

tried to start later, same thing, no crew. if i deinstall patch 3 (or2) i see the crew just fine in base and can select to fill up the roster if i want. just with the operation monsoon patches (i only use either 3 or 2, not both, roll ups) i cant see it anymore (in base). would anyone have any idea why that is? as i said, worked before i upped to tm patches included. op monsoon works without any patch though (crewwise in base)

thx for the help and keep going strong, great mod
Just conducted a code review / system checkout, all is working as designed and your problem was not recreated. You should be using the following install order.

TMO
RSRDC V371
RSRDC V371 Patch 5
TMO Uboat ver 3
OM V100
OM V100 Patch 3

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 04-19-08 at 08:56 AM.