Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-30-23, 10:23 PM   #16
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Absolutely disgusting behaviour but in reality, to be expected.
I would like to know how much oil and bunker fuel,These sunken ships are leaking into the the worlds oceans ? There are no human remains left after all these years.It"s time for humanity to clean up the ocean floor of these leaking and rusting relics. To call them graves and let them continue to leak oil into the our life giving ocean is a Travesty, We must kill cows cause they fart. Fish do not fart.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 02:06 AM   #17
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

The same sort of illegal salvaging has already happened to the wrecks of Allied ships sunk in the battle of the Java Sea.

HMS Jupiter (discovered before 2002, had been scavenged long before as she sank in very shallow water)
HNLMS Java, HNLMS De Ruyter (discovered Dec 2002, both wrecks completely disappeared at some point before 2016)
HNMLS Kortenaer (discovered in Aug 2004, mostly gone by 2017)
HMS Electra (discovered 2003, mostly gone by 2016)
HMS Encounter (discovered 2007, almost completely destroyed by illegal salvaging in 2016)
HMS Exeter (discovered 2007, destroyed by 2016)
USS Pope (discovered 2008, by then already almost destroyed except for a skeleton).
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 11:51 AM   #18
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
Fish do not fart.
That is a damn lie! https://www.master-divers.com/blog/2...%20communicate.
Quote:
If you consider farting to be the by-product of digestion – in other words gases expelled from the rear end – then most fish don’t fart. However there are two exceptions, the shark and the herring. It is reported that the sand tiger shark purposefully gulps air into its stomach at the surface then farts it out at the other end so it sinks to its desired depth!... Biologists have also linked a mysterious underwater farting sound to the bubbles coming out of a herrings’ rear end. It apparently sounds like a high-pitched raspberry, and biologists now believe it is how the herring communicate to each other in order to keep their shoal together at night and alert other fish of their presence! Lets hope that’s a trend that remains firmly in the fishy world and doesn’t start to catch on above land too! This phenomenon has been named Fast Repetitive Tick and once even sent the Swedish navy scrambling for answers. Top on the hit list of probable causes was a Russian submarine, so discovering it was only herring and not in fact an army of spies came as a relief! The herring are not entirely alone though. Some other marine fish also make quite distinctive gassy sounds. For instance cod/groupers make their swim bladder vibrate to produce a kind of drumming sound, whilst some other fish make noises by belching. But so far it’s only some herring species that seem to use the ‘art of the fart’ to communicate. So while in polite society flatulence is considered a social faux pas, for a herring it is an important social tool!

Then too we cannot overlook our own scavenging of Cold War dead russian sailors with the raising of K-129 by the Glomar Explorer by the CIA and Howard Hughes; ie: a double standard is a double standard...even against the "evil empire" as Reagan dubbed it...the more so as there were actually still Russian bodies in the sub when raised. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Azorian

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 05-31-23 at 12:04 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 12:12 PM   #19
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Then too we cannot overlook our own scavenging of Cold War dead russian sailors with the raising of K-129 by the Glomar Explorer by the CIA and Howard Hughes; ie: a double standard is a double standard...even against the "evil empire" as Reagan dubbed it...the more so as there were actually still Russian bodies in the sub when raised. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Azorian [/SPOILER]

Which were handled with complete respect and were given a proper burial at sea. They even filmed it:

Not something I expect to see from the ChiComs.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-23, 12:26 PM   #20
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

I noted that also; but scavenging is still scavenging: for espianage coups or pre-nuclear steel makes no difference; if your going to have rules about it! A double standard, or the appearance therof, is to be avoided. If we doth protest too much, the "surrounded and contained" world-hegemonic Chinkaderos are sure to bring it up!!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 05-31-23, 02:02 PM   #21
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
I noted that also; but scavenging is still scavenging: for espianage coups or pre-nuclear steel makes no difference; if your going to have rules about it! A double standard, or the appearance therof, is to be avoided. If we doth protest too much, the "surrounded and contained" world-hegemonic Chinkaderos are sure to bring it up!!

To heck with appearances and double standards. I have no problem comparing that one single instance and how it was handled with the many instances of Chinese war grave robbing for profit and how they were and continue to be handled.

Old 05-31-23, 03:58 PM   #22
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
To heck with appearances and double standards. I have no problem comparing that one single instance and how it was handled with the many instances of Chinese war grave robbing for profit and how they were and continue to be handled.
No wonder yer on my friends list?! My wife agrees with you...and she's also from Athol, Massachusetts, by way of Boston College...I still think we should counter-scavenge their Ming dynasty? porcelin laden junk-wreck for profit as in my post #3 above!

Old 05-31-23, 04:05 PM   #23
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
No wonder yer on my friends list?! My wife agrees with you...and she's also from Athol, Massachusetts, by way of Boston College...I still think we should counter-scavenge their Ming dynasty? porcelin laden junk-wreck for profit as in my post #3 above!

LOL when I first saw that I had the same thought!

Old 06-01-23, 03:39 AM   #24
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote