Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-11-22, 11:09 AM   #1
lord_Dudel
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
Default TWOS user charts and uzo mask disappearing

ive tried to play the latest TWOS version.
problem is, that the UZO mask (the one simulation you looking though the uzo bino) is disappearing. as well as the all the user charts are invisible and the erkennungsbuch does not show the ships on the left page

ive tried several times to reinstall and to restart a campaign but the error is reappearing.

using twos with campaign advance verifer_testing , twos brighter nights, twos missing nav map coors ( cause im playing on 256x1440), twos map contac colours, twos ship recognition, twos interior food stocks and twos wooden lifeboats

any solutions here? the missing uzo gui isnt that bad at all but the missing user charts are annoying because the sub- grid map is allso not there to know where to go
lord_Dudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-22, 06:45 AM   #2
SovBear
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4
Default Same issue

So, no fix sorry! Just a bit of solidarity. No UZO bino silhouette, no ship pictures in recognition guide and none of the user charts display. Such a shame.
SovBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-22, 10:01 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

SoyBear! & Lord_Dudel!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-22, 10:22 AM   #4
craigt50
Swabbie

Downloads: 31

Are you running macfee anti virus? I have the same problem and I think it might be the AV software.
craigt50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-23, 11:36 PM   #5
Sirrvs
Loader

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovBear View Post
So, no fix sorry! Just a bit of solidarity. No UZO bino silhouette, no ship pictures in recognition guide and none of the user charts display. Such a shame.
I have the same exact issues you described. I've tried disabling all my mods and just using stock TWOS but that still didn't work. I guess next I'll try reinstalling but I was very careful to install the game properly the first time, so I don't know what's wrong. Have you found a solution yet?
Sirrvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 04:05 AM   #6
wakkoewakkoe
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 19

Hello!

I think i have found the solution to this question, though not a fix.. sort of half way on it. First I wanted to make a separate thread for this, but then I stumbled across this place on the forums! So..

If we go to: ..\Silent Hunter 5\data\UserCharts, and then open a .TDW file with for example notepad. Line 19 (That is line 20 for non-programmers since computers count from 0), the following is mentioned:

Quote:
..\Silent Hunter 5\data\UserCharts\UserChart_xxx.TDW
"; max number of charts that can be defined is 20. Anything after 20 will be ignored!"
This means that only 20 charts can be defined.. And anything exceeding 20 charts is being.. ehrmm.. torpedoed into the Locker of Uncle Davy

The problems I have with this are:
1). The file with the information does not declare if it is a file-only or general rule.
2). The file with the information also does not express where to alter this value or limitation.

I have not been able to figure out where the rule comes from, or where it can be edited, but I have a very strong feeling that it is possibily a general rule, since adding User Charts to a TDW file, whilst ensuring it continues to have fewer than 20 UserCharts listed inside, sometimes result in not having all TDW files added. Say the limit is capped at 20 User Charts, and you have currently 18 User Charts, and you add 5 User Charts:

Example:
ChartCap - CurrentCharts = ChartsYouCanAdd
20 - 18 = 2

ChartAdding - ChartsYouCanAdd = ChartsYouCanNotAdd
5 - 2 = 3

This means that the last 3 charts that are put into the file, probabily from the last Chart Category you have since computers are logic based, never make it into the game! You can find the last Chart Category by entering Silent Hunter 5, pressing the E button, and scrolling down in the category window that pops up, the bottom one should in theory be the last Category for your User Charts.

One of the big problems I have with this are:
1) I would like to know why no more than 20 charts can be added.
2) Where these parameters can be edited, if possible.

Also, if future mods where to do something with TWoS mod, I deeply hope that the Alpheratz Real Navigation Mod can be included into the charts section. The mod is super awesome, confessing I barely understand it , yet it causes havoc on my User Charts and am therefore not able to add it into my game.

With that having said, I love Silent Hunter 5 mods and appriciate all the hard work allready being done onto it! Thank you for these gems!

I hope that this post may help to inspire solutions.
wakkoewakkoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 04:05 AM   #7
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 199

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...light=uzo+mask
Rwearjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 09:02 AM   #8
Sirrvs
Loader

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwearjr View Post
Thanks, yes I had noticed your thread too. Doesn't seem like there's a known solution other than starting a new career. Out of curiosity, did this problem also affect your historical missions? All of a sudden when I try to play any of them, the game will crash to desktop after the loading screen. They used to work just fine.
Sirrvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-23, 04:05 AM   #9
Rwearjr
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 199

Good question, I play only the campaign, so alas I cannot answer the question regarding mask problems there. However, I started a new campaign, and this problem never occured again. Apparently its not a common bug. I hope you find a better answer Kaleun, if not then perhaps fair winds will follow and like myself this will be a one off fluke occurence.
Rwearjr is offline   Reply With Quote