SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-02-12, 11:16 AM   #1
themrwho
Torpedoman

Downloads: 140
Uploads: 0

Default [REL] Crystal Clear Metric Nomograph package for OM+OMEGU

Crystal Clear Metric Nomograph package for OM+OMEGU

Screenshot of Nomograph in OM+OMEGU with this mod

Screenshot of Original Nomograph in OM+OMEGU

===================README for themrwho's adaptation (for OM+OMEGU setups)===================
See screenshots to see a quick comparison of what this minimod does.

INTRODUCTION
I wanted to have a clear nomograph in my OM+OMEGU setup (default one is blurry for my taste) but didn't know how to do this. Thanks to CapnScurvy who explained in detail, now I have one and now I'm sharing this mini mod for those who may wish to use it. Note that this minimod is a derivative work. I did not create the nomograph files, I just adapted it for OM+OMEGU setup.

CREDITS
I thank CapnScurvy for explaining this stuff to me, without his guidance I would probably keep using blurry one.

Original credits on parent mod...
...for nomograph itself go to cdrake
&
...SH4 version 1.5 adaptation credits go to ATR-42. Thanks guys... See original documentation in seperate doc in Documentation sub-directory. (copied below)

* This mini mod is JGSME compatible
* This should work with all other mods as all this does is adding a nomograph picture (dds) and edit menu_1024_768.ini to redirect SH4 to display this new nomograph rather than the standard OMEGU one.
===================README for themrwho's adaptation (for OM+OMEGU setups)===================

===================README for cdrake's mod (original work)===================
Nomograph ***8211; made compatible to SH4 V1.5 by ATR-42 Below is HIS readme
MOD CREATED BY cdrake

I was inspired to create this metric nomograph by Beery and his Real Fleet Boat mod. Prior to his release, I had been unable to figure out how to get the nomograph to show up on the in-game map.

This mod is intended to work in conjunction with Beery's Real Fleet Boat Mod. Simply replace the Data\Menu\Gui\Layout\Nomograph.dds file in the RFB mod with the nomograph.dds file contained in this archive.

For those who wish to use this nomograph without the Real Fleet Boat mod, simply install this mod with JSGME.

To use the nomograph, simply mark your target's current location on your map. Then time the target for a length of time of your choosing. Mark the target's new location and measure the distance traveled. Finally, draw a line on the nomograph that starts on the "Minutes" scale for the time you measured and passes through the distance your target traveled on the "km" scale. Your line should also continue on to intersect the "Knots" scale. The point where this line intersects the "Knots" scale indicates your targets speed.

Additionally, the nomograph can be used to estimate a targets future position if you know the targets heading and speed. Simply draw a line starting at the number of minutes in the future that you are interested in and end the line on the "Knots" scale at your targets speed. Where this line crosses the "km" scale represents the distance the target will travel in the given time.

Credits:
This mod is a derivative work.
Credit goes to Beery for the Real Fleet Boat mod and Hildofr for the Imperial nomograph and the changes to the menu_1024_768.ini file that allows the nomograph to display on the in-game map.
Credit is also due to Wazoo for his Silent Hunter 3 Nomograph. His horizontal nomograph gave me the scale information I needed to create this vertically oriented version.

Please direct and questions or comments to cadrake@charter.net

Regards,
Chris
===================README for cdrake's mod (original work)===================

This mini mod is made on/for the following setup:
  • OM v705
  • OM v720
  • OM v720 Patch5
  • OMEGU v300
  • OMEGU v300 Patch 7

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://www.filefactory.com/file/36sd...or_OM_OMEGU_7z

• Please feel free to repost to downloads section if you can (because I cannot).
  • File Factory is a free hosting provider. Scroll to the bottom of the page, prompts for spam protection (captcha) words, once you pass that, it displays a 30 seconds counter but eventually you should be able to download it.

Last edited by themrwho; 04-02-12 at 06:00 PM.
themrwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 01:05 PM   #2
gianluca62
Swabbie

Downloads: 27

I wish to download and test ...but I didn't found it in download section: could someone help me?
gianluca62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-12, 01:21 PM   #3
themrwho
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianluca62 View Post
I wish to download and test ...but I didn't found it in download section: could someone help me?
You've just experienced 1st ever mod release without the file itself!

Sorry for the trouble, link is added to the bottom of 1st post now.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-12, 02:21 PM   #4
gianluca62
Swabbie

Downloaded and installed: really nice, clear and useful, and perfectly works with OM + OMEGU. Good job, Themrwho, and many many thanks!!
Old 04-02-12, 05:58 PM   #5
themrwho
Torpedoman

Quote:
Downloaded and installed: really nice, clear and useful, and perfectly works with OM + OMEGU. Good job, Themrwho, and many many thanks!!
I'm glad you like it. I made one other OM+OMEGU adaptation in case you want to know, one is 3000 Meter Bearing Plotter Tool for Operation Monsun, if your system can handle it, it helps great with manual plotting. I wrongly posted in UBM section (trying to get it moved over to ATO mod section).

Also five minutes ago posted another OM+OMEGU mod release: CapnScurvy's Magnified Dials, now adapted for OM+OMEGU plus my modification provides HUGE gauges (dials) for 1920x screen res but one can adjust the size as they wish in case it's too big or they have smaller screen etc. Just need to change some text values.
Old 04-06-12, 12:43 PM   #6
gianluca62
Swabbie

I could be interested, but without a link it is really difficult to find your new mods....Could you help me again? Thank you!
Old 04-06-12, 07:35 PM   #7
themrwho
Torpedoman

Quote:
I could be interested, but without a link it is really difficult to find your new mods....Could you help me again? Thank you!
Just in the parent SH4 ATO MODS section; np here is the direct link anyway: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193980
Old 04-11-12, 05:25 PM   #8
gianluca62
Swabbie

Found, modified as you explained in the topic and enjoyed! Now gauges are really clear, and bearing, speed and depth selection is easy! Thank you very much!
Old 09-24-14, 04:41 PM   #9
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

Anyone know where I can get this nomograph, or one that is similar? Looking for metric.
Old 08-19-16, 10:48 AM   #10
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Another bump, in case someone might know where to find it. Looking for a metric version.
Old 08-19-16, 02:45 PM   #11
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Sorry Threadfin

I have just taken a look at my old external HD (which I have used to back up mods to for several years), and I could not see it

Let me take a look at TMO 2.5, I know Ducimus included a metric nomograph as an optional extra
You may be able to use it
I will get back to you today

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 02:49 PM   #12
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Success - I found it
It is the same metric Nomograph used in TMO 2.5

I have the image file
If I send it to you do you know how to incorporate it into your game?
It is not JSGME compatible at this point

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-16, 04:41 PM   #13
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Many thanks, PM sent. So much easier on the eyes.
Old 08-25-16, 08:00 AM   #14
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Just want to say thanks to max-peck for taking the time to make the nomograph work for me. Very much appreciated. I can now plot speed without having to lean in close to my monitor haha.

It's up to max if he wants to make it available, but I wanted to be sure to say thanks.
Old 03-31-22, 09:34 PM   #15
themrwho
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
Anyone know where I can get this nomograph, or one that is similar? Looking for metric.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
Another bump, in case someone might know where to find it. Looking for a metric version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
Sorry Threadfin

I have just taken a look at my old external HD (which I have used to back up mods to for several years), and I could not see it

Let me take a look at TMO 2.5, I know Ducimus included a metric nomograph as an optional extra
You may be able to use it
I will get back to you today
Just re-uploaded the original files in case anyone still wants it for any reason.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/lb1st...OMEGU.zip/file