SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-17-17, 10:03 AM   #16
Shawshank237
Swabbie

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Do you need to run Steam in order to play a game?
Old 07-31-17, 10:26 PM   #17
phantomkira
Swabbie

Downloads: 187

Steam is usually required to be running if you bought the game through Steam. Like a lot of old games, however, there should still be old copies out there "somewhere" (Amazon, Ebay, the like) that do not require Steam, being on hard disk (CD) as the game itself was made LONG before Steam was even thought of. Personally, I agree with the other posters on the subject here, it is far better for you to avoid Steam whenever possible. Remember, it's a program that is required to be running for you to run your games. It needs two things: 1. An internet connection. And most importantly, 2. For THEIR servers to be up. Never, EVER trust that someone else's stuff will work when you need it too. More than once I've wanted to play something and Steam's been down, so it's not unheard of. More than once I've gone for the tool I needed only to find that "Oh, I didn't have time to put it back." So, where is it? "I don't know. Somewhere." Gee. Thanks.

Question: How do you launch SEALs and the Red side equivalent thereof? What's the button, key, or procedure for doing so? Some of these missions are incompleteable without that.
phantomkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 11:23 AM   #18
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Hello All,

following are links to certain files/tools which were hosted back in the day at the CADC. I haven't found them in the downloads section here and unfortunately I cannot upload here, so below you will find the links to the files hosted on my web server. Please keep in mind that the data in here is based on DW 1.04 and/or the LwAmi Mod. If you use the RedAlert Mod some things might not be applicable.

Don't forget to check the download section here at SubSim.com for more stuff for DW - be it tools, mods, scenarios or manuals.

Cheers
OS
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 01:24 PM   #19
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot View Post
... and unfortunately I cannot upload here, ...
Nudge Sailor Steve
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-18, 03:27 PM   #20
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomkira View Post
Steam is usually required to be running if you bought the game through Steam. Like a lot of old games, however, there should still be old copies out there "somewhere" (Amazon, Ebay, the like) that do not require Steam, being on hard disk (CD) as the game itself was made LONG before Steam was even thought of. Personally, I agree with the other posters on the subject here, it is far better for you to avoid Steam whenever possible. Remember, it's a program that is required to be running for you to run your games. It needs two things: 1. An internet connection. And most importantly, 2. For THEIR servers to be up. Never, EVER trust that someone else's stuff will work when you need it too. More than once I've wanted to play something and Steam's been down, so it's not unheard of. More than once I've gone for the tool I needed only to find that "Oh, I didn't have time to put it back." So, where is it? "I don't know. Somewhere." Gee. Thanks.

Question: How do you launch SEALs and the Red side equivalent thereof? What's the button, key, or procedure for doing so? Some of these missions are incompleteable without that.
Slight thread necromancy:

I've been running games purchased thru Steam for over 7 years and have ALWAY run them with Steam OFFLINE, unless I want to use Steam for multiplayer purposes, (very infrequent) or allow for game upgrades to occur. Anyone who states otherwise is sadly misinformed.

Gamers may have other reasons to purchase games in ways other than Steam, BUT the above stated reason is totally FALSE.

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote