Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-22, 03:57 AM   #14176
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The plans for the invasion of the Irish Republic are already finished. And after that - France!

Last edited by Skybird; 02-08-22 at 08:16 AM.
Skybird is online  
Old 02-08-22, 08:14 AM   #14177
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

From a $5.7bn loss BP reported in 2020 to a $12.8bn profit for 2021 and all whilst UK households are facing a cost of living crisis, with prices for food and heating rising sharply. Last week's announcement of a huge increase in the energy price cap prompted the government to step in with a council tax rebate and loans to smooth price rises.

It's certainly not going pear-shaped for some.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-08-22, 08:20 AM   #14178
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
No 10 has no intention of apologising for the PM's false claim that Sir Keir Starmer failed to prosecute Jimmy Savile, after the Labour leader was targeted by protesters near Parliament.

Boris Johnson is facing fresh calls from Tory MPs to say sorry, after protesters were heard shouting about the sex offender, as well as protesting about Covid measures.

But a senior source told the BBC: "He's got other stuff to get on with today."

Mr Johnson did condemn the harassment.

In a tweet, he said the behaviour directed at Sir Keir on Monday afternoon was "absolutely disgraceful" and "completely unacceptable".

But a No 10 source said it was unreasonable to suggest that what happened on Monday "was Boris's fault and not the mob's fault".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60297998
Not saying it is all the fault of Boris but an apology from him might help to calm matters.

Old 02-08-22, 10:27 AM   #14179
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Boris Johnson has embarked on a mini-reshuffle of his cabinet, appointing Chris Heaton-Harris as chief whip whilst Jacob Rees-Mogg becomes the minister for Brexit opportunities and government efficiency and Mark Spencer replaces him as Commons leader.

Feeling totally underwhelmed....a desperate attempt to make improvements despite scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Old 02-08-22, 01:03 PM   #14180
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Could not remember the name of this show-Some minutes ago I suddenly remembered it. Spitting Image

Almost every time I read about your Prime ministers adventure in the Parliament in this thread I could not help thinking about this show-which I now know the name of

Here's a scene.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 02-09-22, 07:41 AM   #14181
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Boris Johnson's premiership is past the point of no return and he should resign, a financier who has given the Conservatives more than £3m says.

John Armitage told the BBC that challenges facing the West demanded "serious, engaged" politicians.

He has given the Tories more than £500,000 since Mr Johnson became PM but donated £12,500 last year to Labour.

A Conservative spokesperson said the government remained "fully focused on delivering for the British people".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60310694
What a load of bollocks!

Old 02-09-22, 11:14 AM   #14182
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A photo has been published showing Boris Johnson standing next to a bottle of bubbly at what appears to be a Christmas event in Downing Street.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60319602

Old 02-10-22, 10:04 AM   #14183
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Boris Johnson and his officials "broke lockdown laws" over parties held in Downing Street, Conservative former Prime Minister Sir John Major has said.

He accused the government of feeling it "need not obey the rules", adding: "Outright lies breed contempt."

Sir John's comments come while 12 gatherings are still being investigated by the Metropolitan Police.

Mr Johnson, who is coming under pressure to quit, said he was looking forward to the process being completed.

That would be "the time to say something" on the matter, the PM added, as he answered questions during a Nato conference in Brussels.

Downing Street declined to comment on the details of Sir John's criticism, with a spokesman saying: "People are free to give their opinions."

Old 02-11-22, 12:00 PM   #14184
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

I've put this in here as these positions are political appointments.

Danielle Amara Cotton.
Commissioner of the London Fire Brigade.

Dame Cressida Rose Dick.
Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis.

What have these two pillocks named above got in common?, yes, you've got it in one go, they were both failures of the current times. Its not their fault that they were promoted to a job that they didn't have the ability to carry out, no, that fault lies with the wankers who gave them the job in the first place. That is the problem we have with the appointment of the chiefs of these important positions, the people dishing out these disastrous promotions have no accountability, if the two above lose their jobs from incompetence well, surely the people who interviewed and recommended these two should also resign as well, but, as I said, no accountability.

Lets not forget that "one bad apple can spoil the whole barrel" and that brings me to the third person who should also be annointed with the word "failure" and guess what?, this one's even more incompetent than the other two. Priti Patel the "Home Secretary", she talks the talk but has never walked the walk, she's in overall charge and just like we have economic migrants flooding across the channel we also have crime spiralling out of control. Yet Priti is running around like an headless chicken and is getting nothing done, where do they get these useless pillocks from?.

And that brings us back to Dame Cressida Rose Dick, Knife crime at an all time high, police officers murdering women, rape, fraud and every other crime you can think of is on the increase. And yet, Cressida Dick says Londoners are even more safer in their beds than ever, is that pillock on drugs or something?.
So she's proud of "Diversity" she says, well I don't want to rattle your cage too much Cressida but those "Diverse" people you're talking about are the one's who are committing most of the crimes you bloody idiot.

The whole British infrastructure needs to be properly investigated and fully exposed to the public eye. They have failed us "Big Time" and there are no excuses for them to justify their failings anymore as we've heard them all before.
Nothing good will come out of this bleeding mess they're in until those responsible for it are held accountable.
Old 02-12-22, 06:11 AM   #14185
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Home Secretary Priti Patel is understood to have clashed with the Labour mayor of London over the resignation of Dame Cressida Dick.

Dame Cressida quit as Metropolitan Police Commissioner on Thursday after losing the backing of Mr Khan.

She is thought to have offered her resignation after declining to meet him to discuss her plan to reform the Met.

The BBC understands Mr Khan did not inform Home Secretary Priti Patel about the meeting.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60345805

Old 02-12-22, 07:20 AM   #14186
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Today you must not have skill or competence, but the right tribal identity so that then you can benefit from privileges associated with that group membership and that atke the place of skill, expertise, experience or qualification.

Claiming the onlyright gender also can do this magical trick. Just beware that there is only one correct gender these days.

Welcome in the age of dilettantism where claim is enough to get respect, it must no longer be earned by good performance before.
Old 02-12-22, 09:29 AM   #14187
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Here's what a Danish politician wrote about the situation with Boris.

Boris Johnson is ready to fight and far from finished - now challenging the opponents and the press.

He has appointed Jacob Rees-Mogg as the new Brexit minister.
Rees-Mogg is the absolute object of hatred of the media.
The appointment tells me that Boris Johnson is battle-ready and far from finished.

Other things suggest that Boris Johnson may have hit the floor - but he isn't knocked out:

1. The party is unsure who can replace him. Internal opposition to him is not strong and not organized.
That was not the case under Theresa May.

2. No one thinks it is urgent to replace him. There are several years until the next election.

3. No one among the conservatives fears Labor. Labour's hinterland is dominated by woke and multiculturalists. Labor is far from as strong as under Tony Blair.

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 02-12-22, 02:36 PM   #14188
Moonlight
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Here's what a Danish politician wrote about the situation with Boris.

Boris Johnson is ready to fight and far from finished - now challenging the opponents and the press.

He has appointed Jacob Rees-Mogg as the new Brexit minister.
Rees-Mogg is the absolute object of hatred of the media.
The appointment tells me that Boris Johnson is battle-ready and far from finished.

Other things suggest that Boris Johnson may have hit the floor - but he isn't knocked out:

1. The party is unsure who can replace him. Internal opposition to him is not strong and not organized.
That was not the case under Theresa May.

2. No one thinks it is urgent to replace him. There are several years until the next election.

3. No one among the conservatives fears Labor. Labour's hinterland is dominated by woke and multiculturalists. Labor is far from as strong as under Tony Blair.

Markus
Not bad Markus but not true either.

1) Penny Mourdant for Prime Minister?, I haven't seen a male leader amongst the Tories and Penny seems to be potential leader material, me thinks she would do a good job of it too. I'm not sure she'd want to pick up that poisoned chalice though, although she would give the Labour front bench a good kick in their pants without using any smears or slurs like Bozo does.
I would give Penny one, oh my god, my vote you bleeding perverts, my vote, crikey you lot have a one track mind, Penny gets on with her brief until called upon to put the peasants in their place. Ah yes, when Penny comes gunning for you you've got to be ready for her, she won't stab you in the back, she'll do it in the front, in full view of the nation as well. Did I tell you that I'd give her one?, I did?, that despatch box will be on fire some days and I might even tune in now and again to watch the action.

2) That's not true, Tory HQ will be looking at the polls and thinking that its the 90's all over again, John Major was mired in sleaze from start to finish in the 90's.
"Cash-for-questions", he was left reeling by allegations that MPs had taken payments from businessman Mohammad Al-Fayed to ask questions in Parliament, and then there was Jonathan Aitken's "Sword of Truth" debacle, yep, he got 18 months in prison for perjury for that one.
Just a couple of sleaze moments I remember and there was a lot more than those two, the UK couldn't wait to get rid of those corrupt currants.

3) Wrong again Markus, have you not heard of the "Red Wall Tories", they only lent the Tories their vote to get Brexit over the line last time, that doesn't mean that the Tories will keep those seats at the next General Election, those Tory MP's will be having nightmares until the electorate strike back and put them out of their misery.
The Labour heartlands are NOT dominated by woke and multiculturalists, far from it, only the Councillors are stupid enough to fall for that rubbish, they don't come anywhere near the voters or they'd be getting a smack in the mouth for what they're doing, one day there's going to be a reckoning and it won't be a pretty sight.

I spend half a year in the Labour Heartlands and the other half in the Tory dominated Cotswolds, I think I might know a bit more than the average voter.
Old 02-12-22, 03:15 PM   #14189
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ Thank you

Now I wonder if I should copy each of your answer to the Danish politician and post it as an answer in his bulletin-His name is Naser Khader. He's Independent

Markus

mapuc is online  
Old 02-13-22, 05:52 AM   #14190
Moonlight
Admiral

Do what you want Markus, if it helps them get an insight into the mood of the UK voters it might be of assistance to him, don't take what I've said as gospel old boy, I only speak for two small areas of England and some of them can sound like rabid lunatics at times.
People from abroad take a quick look at the city of London and make their assumptions based on the events taking place there, that's where they're getting it wrong. Most voters think that London is a cess pit of corrupt leaders, woke multiculturalists and that promotion is gained by incompetence, the bigger the failure the bigger the promotion.
Its only when the votes are counted at the local council or general election are the true feelings of the electorate known, and that's why the foreign politicians and press are bemused when things don't go the way of the London centric polls.
Get them out into the Labour and Tory heartlands and they'll be falling over the mutinous voters, language will be fruity in some places so make sure they're ready for it.
Just one thing more Markus, London has never represented the voters of the UK and neither has most of the Labour or Tory loons either, you know the ones I mean, the ones who would vote for a pig if it wore the Labour or Tory colours.
Dig down a bit and you'll come across the real King makers, the ones who vote not from allegiance to a party but vote using their common sense, the don't knows are in there as well and there's enough of them to decide which political party wins or not.
That's why shockwaves are sent through the two political parties when they speak to those voters, and they'll sometimes change their election strategy midway through an election to try and limit the collateral damage of what they're being told.

Toodle pip

Tags
british, politics