Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-13-09, 02:33 PM   #1
SidBean
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default suggestion request for sub game

So, as stated in another thread, I recently goofed around with 688 attack sub, then I dug out SNN-21 Seawolf as well, two of my all time favorite games, this has left me thirsty for more.

Then I pulled out Fast Attack, never got into this one way back, and just seemed far too complicated for the half an hour every so often I want to kick up my heels and "relax". Though I must admit, I probably did not give this much of an effort.

I did try Silent Steel back in the day as well, but threw that out ages ago... Didn't appeal to me at all.

Anyway, can anyone suggest a modern Sub Game... not looking for in depth simulation and realism, but something that does rely on some form of tactics without having to read "war and peace" size manual. Something along the lines of SNN-21 Seawolf, had a good balance of game play and realism.

I read a few of the reviews, and Sub Command and Dangerous Waters sound far too indepth for my liking.

Simply put, looking for a modern balanced 'game', without a monster manual, and some decent graphics (older graphics are fine), preferably, nuke sub. Thanks...

Last edited by SidBean; 02-13-09 at 02:53 PM.
SidBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 04:12 PM   #2
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBean
Anyway, can anyone suggest a modern Sub Game... not looking for in depth simulation and realism, but something that does rely on some form of tactics without having to read "war and peace" size manual. Something along the lines of SNN-21 Seawolf, had a good balance of game play and realism.

I read a few of the reviews, and Sub Command and Dangerous Waters sound far too indepth for my liking.

Simply put, looking for a modern balanced 'game', without a monster manual, and some decent graphics (older graphics are fine), preferably, nuke sub. Thanks...
RED STORM RISING!!!
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 05:22 PM   #3
SidBean
Nub

Downloads: 0

[quote=DeamonRED STORM RISING!!! [/quote]
isn't that '88 ... was looking for something a bit more modern... say last 5 years or so, but thank you for the quick response
SidBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-09, 05:35 PM   #4
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 101

There's a reverse-engineered version of RSR in the works, should be interesting.
Old 02-14-09, 05:05 AM   #5
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidBean
isn't that '88 ... was looking for something a bit more modern... say last 5 years or so, but thank you for the quick response
The problem is what you look for doesn't even exist, at least not to my knowledge and the closest thing to what you look for is red storm rising. Its grafics are old, yes, but make no mistake. This game is just what you look for gameplay wise. And in my opinion it is still a competitor for even todays games. It has qualities never seen in other games.

This game is so good that the old grafics are really a minor issue.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote