SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-22, 04:43 PM   #61
Davidtman
Mate

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebar View Post
Here is a short and simple gameplay video, showcasing the functionality of the Helicopter UI Panel, and the Nixie/Sonar UI Panel.

With the coming updated are we going to get to see helicopters take off from enemy ships and come after us? That would be a cool sight through the periscope.
Davidtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-22, 03:51 AM   #62
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@Tordo:

Thank you for your "editor.txt". I did indeed see your adding from the Zwaardvis added at the beginning of editor.txt. But did you notice that the Zwaardvis is already mentioned almost at the end of that line?
Anyway, it all doesn't matter anymore: I found another way to get the Zwaardvis in all the MISSIONS! Therefore: In any case: thank you for your attention and effort!

Remains: Adding the Zwaardvis to the Campaigns! I see that there is also the Swordfish added in the "Unit Reference". But you can't choose the boat in the campaigns. That's why I think the Swaardvis will show up in the Russian campaign as "Enemy Ship". But I'm not sure because I haven't played the Russian campaign.

Still, I'd like to be able to choose the Zwaardvis in NATO campaigns!

Do you have any idea?
Old 07-14-22, 07:52 AM   #63
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy View Post
@Tordo:

Thank you for your "editor.txt". I did indeed see your adding from the Zwaardvis added at the beginning of editor.txt. But did you notice that the Zwaardvis is already mentioned almost at the end of that line?
Anyway, it all doesn't matter anymore: I found another way to get the Zwaardvis in all the MISSIONS! Therefore: In any case: thank you for your attention and effort!

Remains: Adding the Zwaardvis to the Campaigns! I see that there is also the Swordfish added in the "Unit Reference". But you can't choose the boat in the campaigns. That's why I think the Swaardvis will show up in the Russian campaign as "Enemy Ship". But I'm not sure because I haven't played the Russian campaign.

Still, I'd like to be able to choose the Zwaardvis in NATO campaigns!

Do you have any idea?
I learned how to mod this game by trial and error. Modding can be very complicated and start a cascade of errors. My advice is ALWAYS keep a clean copy of the original game file. Do not make a bunch of mods at once. Make one, then check to make sure the game works, then make another. That way of an error pops up you know exactly what mod caused it and can reverse it easily.
Old 07-14-22, 02:12 PM   #64
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidtman View Post
I learned how to mod this game by trial and error. Modding can be very complicated and start a cascade of errors. My advice is ALWAYS keep a clean copy of the original game file. Do not make a bunch of mods at once. Make one, then check to make sure the game works, then make another. That way of an error pops up you know exactly what mod caused it and can reverse it easily.
That’s right. A misplaced or omitted comma at a remote point in the file triggers the disaster. And then,try to unravel the mystery of where the error is. It doesn’t even have a clear log or an understandable language error message, which one can follow to detect what the fault is and remedy it.Maybe in some much later version of MOD...Cheers.
Order prior to the "Battle of Los Pozos" that took place on June 11,1826 in the Rio de La Plata,in front of the city of Buenos Aires, in an area of relative greater depth and to the view from the population. Was a combat between a flimsy Argentine Squadron and the powerfull Brazilian Empire Fleet.It was a victorious day for the Argentine navy.William Brown was the first Admiral of the newly formed Argentine Navy.Born in Ireland and argentine by adoption.A great patriot.
TORDO222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-22, 02:25 PM   #65
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@Tordo:

You didn't answered me about my question started with: "REMAINS"
Old 07-14-22, 04:46 PM   #66
Davidtman
Mate

Quote:
@Tordo:

The Swordfish is not one of the playable subs in the game... that I know of.
Old 07-15-22, 06:16 PM   #67
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

radar

Quote:
@Tordo:

Okay my friend!. Apparently it wasn’t that complicated. (Really I hope I didn’t make things too complicated for you...).I took to modify (and test and learn...) the first campaign of the mod. I did the following:
1.I took the liberty of modifying your favorite submarine,very poorly armed in origin. Adding a main type of torpedo (heavy torpedo of Italian origin A184) and adding a basic anti-aircraft defense by means of the known (and successfully tested in combat)missile Blowpipe.(So...backup the "rnn_84_ssk_zwaardvis.txt" in the vessels folder & replace it with the file I modify)
2.To add it to campaign 001 you must follow the path:StreamingAssets....dotmod.....folder campaign....folder campaign001...summary.txt
(backup & replace it with the file I modify)....good luck & good hunt.....Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: txt rnn_84_ssk_zwaardvis.txt (4.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: txt summary.txt (796 Bytes, 2 views)
Order prior to the "Battle of Los Pozos" that took place on June 11,1826 in the Rio de La Plata,in front of the city of Buenos Aires, in an area of relative greater depth and to the view from the population. Was a combat between a flimsy Argentine Squadron and the powerfull Brazilian Empire Fleet.It was a victorious day for the Argentine navy.William Brown was the first Admiral of the newly formed Argentine Navy.Born in Ireland and argentine by adoption.A great patriot.
Old 07-16-22, 01:52 PM   #68
steel shark
XO

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 5

radar Navy Drones

Gyrodyne QH-50 DASH

DASH was a major part of the United States Navy's Fleet Rehabilitation and Modernization (FRAM) program of the late 1950s. FRAM was started because the Soviet Union was building submarines faster than the US could build anti-submarine frigates. Instead of building frigates, the FRAM upgrade series allowed the US to rapidly update by converting older ships that were less useful in modern naval combat. The navy could upgrade the sonar on World War II-era destroyers but needed a stand-off weapon to attack at the perimeter of the sonar's range. The old destroyers had little room for add-ons such as a full flight deck. The original DASH concept was a light drone helicopter that could release a nuclear depth charge or torpedoes. The aircraft was considered expendable.

The manned Gyrodyne Rotorcycle program of the mid-1950s provided prototype work for the DASH, and ultimately the Rotorcycle was modified to produce the initial drone version, the DSN-1/QH-50A The DSN-1 was powered by a Porsche YO-95-6 72 hp piston engine and carried one Mark 43 homing torpedo. The next developmental version was the DSN-2/QH-50B that was powered by two Porsche YO-95-6 engines and also carried a single Mk 43. Serial production of the DASH began with the third version, the DSN-3/QH-50C, in which a 255 hp (190 kW) Boeing T50-4 turboshaft engine replaced the piston engine and the payload was increased to two Mark 44 torpedoes. Later On this was Changed to one single Mark 46 Torpedo A total of 378 QH-50Cs were produced before production ended in January 1966.

This Drone has Been Added To DotMod To add extra anti-submarine capability's for vessels that cannot operate full sized Helicopters.

p.s this is new so bear with us as we add it.

Steel Shark

Last edited by steel shark; 12-13-22 at 04:26 PM.
steel shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-22, 04:28 PM   #69
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel shark View Post
Gyrodyne QH-50 DASH

DASH was a major part of the United States Navy's Fleet Rehabilitation and Modernization (FRAM) program of the late 1950s. FRAM was started because the Soviet Union was building submarines faster than the US could build anti-submarine frigates. Instead of building frigates, the FRAM upgrade series allowed the US to rapidly update by converting older ships that were less useful in modern naval combat. The navy could upgrade the sonar on World War II-era destroyers but needed a stand-off weapon to attack at the perimeter of the sonar's range. The old destroyers had little room for add-ons such as a full flight deck. The original DASH concept was a light drone helicopter that could release a nuclear depth charge or torpedoes. The aircraft was considered expendable.

The manned Gyrodyne Rotorcycle program of the mid-1950s provided prototype work for the DASH, and ultimately the Rotorcycle was modified to produce the initial drone version, the DSN-1/QH-50A The DSN-1 was powered by a Porsche YO-95-6 72 hp piston engine and carried one Mark 43 homing torpedo. The next developmental version was the DSN-2/QH-50B that was powered by two Porsche YO-95-6 engines and also carried a single Mk 43. Serial production of the DASH began with the third version, the DSN-3/QH-50C, in which a 255 hp (190 kW) Boeing T50-4 turboshaft engine replaced the piston engine and the payload was increased to two Mark 44 torpedoes. Later On this was Changed to one single Mark 46 Torpedo A total of 378 QH-50Cs were produced before production ended in January 1966.

This Drone has Been Added To DotMod To add extra anti-submarine capability's for vessels that cannot operate full sized Helicopters.

p.s this is new so bear with us as we add it.

Steel Shark
As a contribution to your theme, the FRAM (Fleet Modernization and Rehabilitation Program) reached surface vessels, submarines and aircraft. FRAM for submarines was based on the technical characteristics of German vessels caught at the end of WWII. The U-boats type VII and XXI, had important technical advances such as the "snorkel", which jumped an important tactical advantage. This program was closely related to the GUPPY (Great Underwater Propulsion Power) program, which began in 1947 with the conversion to the new standard, of several units of the "Gato", "Balao","Tench" and "Fleet" Class.Grettings!!! .Marcelo
Old 07-17-22, 02:14 PM   #70
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@ Tordo, about "Zwaardvis":

Thank You very much for your effort!
Now I understand fully how to implement a Zwaardvis to The Campaigns.

Thanks to you, it wasn`t too hard!
Old 07-18-22, 09:49 AM   #71
Davidtman
Mate

Today is the release day for the new update. So excited. Hopefully the update will be out by the time I get home.
Old 07-18-22, 10:46 AM   #72
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Number zeropointfour !

Can't waite, but I have to...
Old 07-18-22, 11:04 AM   #73
Furia
Surface Shepherd

Downloads: 94

I am also eagerly awaiting for this release.
Old 07-18-22, 03:02 PM   #74
Davidtman
Mate

the new release is on Github for download...I know what I am doing when I get home......
Old 07-18-22, 03:39 PM   #75
Firebar
Watch

Downloads: 3
Default v0.4a-1 Release

https://github.com/DotModGroup/ColdW...es/tag/v0.4a-1

The latest DotMod release is now available!
Firebar is offline   Reply With Quote