Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 06-08-11, 02:28 PM   #31
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

The current version is 4.10m, as for mods try HSFX or the Ultra Pack.
Old 06-08-11, 02:39 PM   #32
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

In fact, the latest version is 4.101m, and the update order is 4.08m -> 4.09m -> 4.10m -> 4.101m. I don't have links for all of them at the moment, but they shouldn't be hard to find.

EDIT: Well, actually, M4T has all of them here, though you do need to register. There's a megapatch that supposedly updates the stock version to the latest one, but I'm not sure how well that works.
Old 06-08-11, 06:00 PM   #33
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
The current version is 4.10m, as for mods try HSFX or the Ultra Pack.
where would I find those mods?
Old 06-08-11, 06:05 PM   #34
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

You'll have to search for them, since linking IL-2 mods on Subsim is not allowed (Though discussing them is).

*cough* look for 242Sqn and IL2WAR, respectively *cough*
Old 06-08-11, 07:09 PM   #35
Kpt. Schaker
Seaman

Downloads: 145
Uploads: 2

I recommend the HOTAS Thrustmaster Joystick. Reading the manual several times, customizing down the pitch, roll, yaw to less sensitive settings. Try this setting on the yaw 0,8,19,29,39,51,62,75,86,100. Join the Mission 4 Today forums. Also fighter planes are more sensitive and more responsive. The Bombers like the Heinkel 111 are more easier to manuever. Alot of reading, customizing of controls, & practice, practice, practice. Enjoy I love this sim also! Alot pilot trainers recommend this Sim.
Kpt. Schaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 07:44 PM   #36
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Nicaraguan View Post
I recommend the HOTAS Thrustmaster Joystick. Reading the manual several times, customizing down the pitch, roll, yaw to less sensitive settings. Try this setting on the yaw 0,8,19,29,39,51,62,75,86,100. Join the Mission 4 Today forums. Also fighter planes are more sensitive and more responsive. The Bombers like the Heinkel 111 are more easier to manuever. Alot of reading, customizing of controls, & practice, practice, practice. Enjoy I love this sim also! Alot pilot trainers recommend this Sim.
I need to figure out how to deal with this stupid bouncing. What I mean by that is I am flying a Hurricane in my career right now and have its a PITA to hit a target because the plane wants to bounce around when I make adjustments to get into firing position. It sucks, it takes me litterally 15 minutes to shoot down one bomber. Plus Im not sure if the hurricanes are just incredibly weak or the betty bombers incredibly strong, but I peppered one from a perfect six o' clock postion for probably a good full 20 seconds and STILL didnt shoot it down. its quite dis-heartening to have flown 3 or 4 missions already and only got one kill

EDIT: Now that I Read it I think maybe that bounce Im having is attributed to the joystick settings like Kpt. Nicaraguan suggested I edit??

EDIT 2: I also noticed my aileron trim doesnt work,, or is it possibly just with the hurricanes?? Like they dont have that trim or something?? Same goes for my open cockpit command and a few other things.
Old 06-08-11, 08:33 PM   #37
Schwieger
Commodore

What is your convergence?

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 08:50 PM   #38
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

what it was set too. 500 m or 50 im not sure. But what Im having problems with is the plane itself bouncing all around, I adjust up a bit and unless I keep that exact pressure on the stick, (even after holding it there for a bit) I lose my position and bounce back down right to where I was set at before. Its really annoying.
Old 06-09-11, 12:28 PM   #39
Schroeder
Navy Seal

That's normal. The plane always wants to get into a certain pitch depending on weight, speed and control surface input. If you change your elevator input the plane will change it's pitch, if you release the input the plane will go back to it's "natural" flight attitude. That is what the trim is for.
Old 06-09-11, 07:24 PM   #40
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
That's normal. The plane always wants to get into a certain pitch depending on weight, speed and control surface input. If you change your elevator input the plane will change it's pitch, if you release the input the plane will go back to it's "natural" flight attitude. That is what the trim is for.
So its that how real pilots do it?? Get into a turn with a plan line up the sites and then set the trim?? Or is there a way to get into that turn hold my elevators in a certain position and then set that to be the trim position (Like an auto button?)
Old 06-09-11, 07:45 PM   #41
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29

Not really - you just need to trim your plane for level flight. In turns, use the stick - you need the hands-on control for maneuvers. Just set it so that when you let go of the stick, it doesn't pull up or down violently.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 08:52 AM   #42
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
Not really - you just need to trim your plane for level flight. In turns, use the stick - you need the hands-on control for maneuvers. Just set it so that when you let go of the stick, it doesn't pull up or down violently.
And do I do this with trim??
Old 06-10-11, 09:57 AM   #43
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29

Do you have keys/joystick programmed for it? I believe by default it's Ctrl+arrow keys

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 10:06 AM   #44
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
Do you have keys/joystick programmed for it? I believe by default it's Ctrl+arrow keys
Yes

CTRL + Left and Right Arrow are the Aileron trims
CTRL + Up and Down are the Elevator Trims
CTRL + Z and X are the Rudder trims (iirc)

HunterICX
Old 06-10-11, 12:27 PM   #45
Schroeder
Navy Seal

It should be noted that not every aircraft has all trim options. American fighters, for example, can usually trim every control surface, German fighters can only trim the elevator and some soviet planes like the I-16 and I-153 have no trim at all.