Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-23-10, 05:00 AM   #1
johnbla
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default Task Force 1942 in Windows 7

Has anyone been able to get Task Force 1942 to run in Windows 7? If so, I would sure appreciate some instructions. Thanks.

John
johnbla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-10, 06:42 AM   #2
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Use DosBox, runs just fine.
Old 07-23-10, 05:33 PM   #3
johnbla
Swabbie

Default Using D Fend

Thanks Raptor but I tried DFend Reloaded but when I try to open the install file it keeps asking for Disk A which I believe is a 5 and a quarter disk. Any idea how to get around this?

Thanks.
Old 07-24-10, 01:56 PM   #4
Raptor1
Navy Seal

I'm not sure what you can do with D-Fend, but in that case you should mount the install folder/image as drive A: in DosBox.
Old 07-27-10, 03:45 AM   #5
johnbla
Swabbie

Default Still having trouble

Raptor

I still cannot install TF1942 throught DosBox. It keeps on asking me to insert disk A even if I mount it as disk A. Any chance of letting me know how you got it going or where I could obtain an installed folder of the game. I have the original disks but now have no floppy disk drive to insert them into.

Many thanks
John
Old 07-27-10, 04:01 AM   #6
Raptor1
Navy Seal

So, you have the original floppies but can't insert them? How does does the installer ask you for disk A if you can't insert the floppy in the first place?
Old 07-27-10, 04:32 AM   #7
johnbla
Swabbie

I am using a copy I got off the internet from an abandonware site as I have no floppy disk drive to insert the originals.
Old 12-05-10, 11:02 AM   #8
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Downloads: 393

I have the same problem and i cant get around this , even in dosbox i cant get the game to install, i know there is a MPSCOPY in the game folder but i dont know how to use it, even thought i try it no joy, maybe thats the key to install the game, if anybody have an idea, please is most welcome.
juniorjj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 09:51 AM   #9
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Default TF1942 !URGENT, URGENT!! PLEASE

Well it seems that we all are in the same sinking boat, i have been trying to install this game for ages and no go, it keeps asking for disk A OR B, but there is no way to install it, not in modern computer that is, but somewhere i saw that somebody install it thru D-FEND, but i have no idea how he did it, and very addly i forgot the site where i saw it too, shame on me, but please if you guys figure this out dont hasitate to let me know, i will keep asking around maybe there is light at the end, let us hope so.
Old 05-15-12, 09:58 AM   #10
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
Use DosBox, runs just fine.
Hi Raptor,
I have try that but no go, see the problem is that when you try to install it, the program keep asking for the floopy in drive A OR B, as you know modern comp dont have floppy disk drive, and the game itself was download it from emuparadise, so is not from the floppy but from another source, the chalenge is HOW TO INSTALL IT, OR IF THERE IS A WAY TO CHEAT THE PROGRAM, well lets see if it can be done, you guys are the master mind, give us some hint please.
Old 05-23-12, 12:34 PM   #11
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Default Keep trying no luck

Man i dont know what else to try, i have try everything i can think off but no joy, DOS BOX, D-FEND, MSDISKCOPY, you name it and still cant get the dame game to install, maybe is curse or something. im wondering if there is really a way to install it without a floppy drive, but im sure i read somewhere that people have actually install the game, but dame cant remember, ******?, well if anybody come up with something pleaseeeeeee let us know and God bless uus all.
Old 05-30-12, 02:49 PM   #12
Shearwater
Captain

Downloads: 27

I have the CD version, and it installed and worked just fine, so maybe look for one on eBay or some other place.

I've downloaded a version from some abandonware site and was able to install it, so hopefully this also works for you guys with the floppy drives.

First, I copied all the files to a folder on my hard drive (they include the mpscopy.exe, install.exe and and tf1942.001 - tf1942.005).

I mounted this folder as my C drive.
Then I mounted the very same folder as my A drive.

I went back to my virtucal C drive, started the install.exe, and selected A as my floppy drive, and the installation went through.

Hope this works for you and doesn't sound too complicated.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-12, 09:47 PM   #13
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearwater View Post
I have the CD version, and it installed and worked just fine, so maybe look for one on eBay or some other place.

I've downloaded a version from some abandonware site and was able to install it, so hopefully this also works for you guys with the floppy drives.

First, I copied all the files to a folder on my hard drive (they include the mpscopy.exe, install.exe and and tf1942.001 - tf1942.005).

I mounted this folder as my C drive.
Then I mounted the very same folder as my A drive.

I went back to my virtucal C drive, started the install.exe, and selected A as my floppy drive, and the installation went through.

Hope this works for you and doesn't sound too complicated.
Hi Shearwater: Thanks for the tips, but i have i little problem here, ok i have drive c:\ main drive, drive D:\ partition, and drive E:\ cdrom drive, here is the deal, i can mount drive c,d and e, but when i try to mount drive a, it keeps telling me that drive a doesnt exist, so i dont know what to do here, a little light may help, my games directory is drive d:\ the partition drive, but cant mount drive a, somehow, what im doing wrong?
THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP.
Old 06-02-12, 08:38 PM   #14
Shearwater
Captain

Downloads: 27

Here's how mounting works:

mount [this is the letter you want your virtual drive to have] [folder on your physical hard drive].

So here's what you do:

- copy your files (including the install.exe and the tf1942.001-005 files) to a folder on your hard drive, for example c:\games\tf1942

- run Dosbox and type:

mount c c:\games\tf1942 (now you'll have a virtual hard drive marked 'c')

mount
a c:\games\tf1942 (now you'll have a virtual floppy drive marked 'a')

- go to c:

- run install.exe

- select 'a' when the program asks you from which floppy drive you wish to install

- suppose you didn't change the default settings, go to c:\mps\tf1942\

- run tf.exe

Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-12, 10:52 PM   #15
juniorjj84
A-ganger

Thank You Shearwater that works like a charmed, and in the proccess i learned something new..
THANKS AGAIN now i can enjoy the beauty of this game and many others in the process.
AHOY MATE.