SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-21-22, 08:35 AM   #1
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 23

radar Gearing-Class Destroyers MOD - Hispanic-American Navies

Since Gearing-class Destroyers have also played an important role in the Spanish and Latin American navies, I decided to give them their place in the large CW fleet.To install it, simply follow the arrangement of the folders involved, adding and replacing corresponding files to designated folders. I recommend, as always, make a backup of the files and folders to replace!.I hope you like it and enjoy it. Greetings!.Marcelo

LINK:https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=6245

PD:If you experience any problems with the sound of the helicopter aboard the destroyer, I suggest installing my audio mod whose link is:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=6212
Order prior to the "Battle of Los Pozos" that took place on June 11,1826 in the Rio de La Plata,in front of the city of Buenos Aires, in an area of relative greater depth and to the view from the population. Was a combat between a flimsy Argentine Squadron and the powerfull Brazilian Empire Fleet.It was a victorious day for the Argentine navy.William Brown was the first Admiral of the newly formed Argentine Navy.Born in Ireland and argentine by adoption.A great patriot.

Last edited by TORDO222; 10-21-22 at 02:23 PM.
TORDO222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-22, 12:19 AM   #2
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Nicer work! Posted: https://www.subsim.com/
Old 10-23-22, 02:26 PM   #3
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Nicer work! Posted: https://www.subsim.com/
Thank you very much!!!. I really would have liked to present the work with the numbers of the ships of each nation, individualized according to the corresponding register in each Navy, but I am studying how to modify the corresponding files with the GIMP. My knowledge of graphic design is unique and limited to a self-taught. As soon as I can decipher the riddle, each ship will show its port and starboard number on its bow. A big salute!Marcelo

PD 23/10/22: The respective hullnumbers of each of the vessels of each countrie have been added. Just follow the distribution of the respective folders to add them to cw. Greetings!

PD 30/10/22: UPDATE...The Argentine Navy destroyer, ARA Comodoro Py, was upgraded, returning its artillery tower B forward and removing the ASROC launcher, replacing it with the two EXOCET MM-38 missile launchers. In addition,the torpedo tubes were moved rearwards to make room for the added artillery tower. Greetings!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Destructor Gearing.jpg (89.1 KB, 6 views)
Order prior to the "Battle of Los Pozos" that took place on June 11,1826 in the Rio de La Plata,in front of the city of Buenos Aires, in an area of relative greater depth and to the view from the population. Was a combat between a flimsy Argentine Squadron and the powerfull Brazilian Empire Fleet.It was a victorious day for the Argentine navy.William Brown was the first Admiral of the newly formed Argentine Navy.Born in Ireland and argentine by adoption.A great patriot.

Last edited by TORDO222; 10-31-22 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-31-22, 10:21 PM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Of course, 's favorite Gearing class destroyer is the The USS Brinkley Bass whose RM3 radioman (1969-1970) was none other than our recently departed moderator, astute man of facts, and pragmatic wisdom, Sailor Steve as to her latin American service...
Quote:
Brinkley Bass was transferred to Brazil and renamed Mariz e Barros (D-26). The Brazilian Navy decommissioned Mariz e Barros on 1 September 1997. She then served as a pierside training ship until expended as a target in December 2000.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Brinkley_Bass

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-22, 07:05 AM   #5
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Of course, 's favorite Gearing class destroyer is the The USS Brinkley Bass whose RM3 radioman (1969-1970) was none other than our recently departed moderator, astute man of facts, and pragmatic wisdom, Sailor Steve as to her latin American service... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Brinkley_Bass
It is good to recreate iconic ships that have served the navies of many countries so well and for so long. The Fletchers Class, Allen Sumners and Gearings have marked indelible marks everywhere they have served. And on their crews as well.Our respects to the aforementioned crew member of Subsim. Greetings!.Marcelo
Old 11-01-22, 04:39 PM   #6
TORDO222
Machinist's Mate

radar UPDATE 01/11/22

1.Fixed the type of gun installed on all destroyers to the MK12 127mm/5 inch-38 caliber.
2.The type of surface-to-surface missile used by the argentine destroyer was corrected to the MM-38 Exocet model.
Greetings!. Marcelo