Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-02-21, 10:07 PM   #1
Von Grinseed
Swabbie

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0
Icon14 A very curious endgame to the Skara Brae mission

I captained my SH2 Uboat into the Royal Navy base and sank a cruiser, light cruiser and destroyer riding at anchor in a night attack. I was hounded all the way home by various destroyers but eventually made it back to Wilhelmshaven.
There was an enemy destroyer run aground on the northern shore of the island of Wangerlooge outside the entrance to Wilhelmshaven.

Approaching the port I received the "Object met" message. I went to exit the game but a message in red informed me of the proximity of an enemy. The game saved and won't quit the mission.
Obviously I had to destroy the stranded destroyer with my last two torpedoes to finish the game and maybe get a medal for my successful mission.

But as I approached the nameless grounded destroyer, a second enemy destroyer steamed down past Wilhelmshaven itself and is now roaming at large around Jade Bight in the darkness.
I am delighted.
I hope to use the dark and the confines of the Bight to despatch the intruder. The problem is that I only have two torpedoes left and the other destroyer on Wangerlooge may also require destruction before the game can end in my favour. I am certain my deck cannon can fix that.

I know there are shortcuts to avoid endgame problems like this but I wouldn't miss this challenge for the world. I've been sitting on this for a week thinking tactics and waiting for the right opportunity (time and sleep). What a sim.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast (sometime).
Von Grinseed is offline   Reply With Quote