Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 09-10-13, 05:03 AM   #1
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default VEAO Eurofighter

First progress on new VEAO addon to DCS: World

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...&postcount=138
Quote:
I showed some people at Duxford the 3d model of the Typhoon cockpit. I'll post some pics in the next few days.

Work has started implementing the switch test code and I'll publish a video of that as I go along the process, as below.
Basically I'm currently going through the cockpit adding all the switch and dial helpers including all the animations for each switch and dial, that's pretty time consuming.
Then it's linking the sim to those helpers, again takes time.

At that point I hand it over to Tango to take over on all of the systems code; electrical, hydraulics, etc. as per schematics.
That's just to get all the basic aircraft systems coded. Then it's onto the MFCD (as you would know them as) logic.

You actually start the Typhoon Engines with 4 switches, the rest is all done by computer on the screens.

For now, all the rest of the team are working on getting the Hawk over the line.

I know you guys want Tiffy, as do I but this one's gonna be a while yet.

Cheers,
C.

-------------------------
Commander 21squad Harpoon International Community site
http://www.21squad.com
Minoslas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-14, 06:55 AM   #2
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO Eurofighter new 3D model

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=119101
Quote:
Thought it was about time to post up some more eye candy for you guys
I've started a new thread to show development during 2014 as I get cracking on working on this beautiful bird.

Enjoy the pics

Old 01-12-14, 08:02 AM   #3
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

first export VEAO EFA into DCS: W

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...90&postcount=7
Quote:
First export to DCS.
Yes it needs a lot of work on textures (obviously) as just has basic maps at the moment.

Old 01-14-14, 03:03 PM   #4
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VAEO start work on EuroFighter armament

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...6&postcount=74

Quote:
I like to call this one "Rifle...pickle...fox..."

Old 04-18-14, 05:36 AM   #5
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO Eurofighter update:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...postcount=1141
Quote:
Goal for Tiffy was end of this year yes but we had 3-4 months delay on Hawk latter part of last year. That also put development of Tiffy back a few months. Also to access certain information on Typhoon we had to do a few things, they are in progress and ongoing.

Typhoon external is in DCS, cockpit is being tweaked and once Hawk is out I'm going to focus on clickable cockpit test system. As you can imagine all focus is on getting Hawk ready in the next few weeks.

We have separate teams working on different projects, all at different stages of development from modelling, skinning, coding, flight models, etc. plus projects I can't disclose right now.

Would I like a functional Typhoon by the end of the year, yes. What level of functionality depends on classification and what we can do in that time. I'm not going to say a definitive time for Typhoon but long term to me means end of this year / Q1 2015.

We already have it flyable in DCS, with our custom cockpit and basic animations internal and external.
The time will be coding the systems but we've learnt a lot from Hawk and can use some of that.

Hope that answers the question in a round a bout way.

And to answer the tanker question, yes we need one for refueling Typhoon. It's on our development plan. Which plane is still being decided and another team will be doing that one.

Cheers,
Chris.

Old 05-21-14, 12:59 PM   #6
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

Do you know in which detail the Eurofighter is planned to be modelled?

I would love to see a cold war-era Tornado-Sim even more but a new Eurofighter simulator would be also cool
Old 05-22-14, 12:15 PM   #7
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO expected simulate them as realistic as possible. If Bae and RAF approve that level, of course. A tornado GR has planned to a future develop.

Old 05-24-14, 05:06 AM   #8
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoslas View Post
VEAO expected simulate them as realistic as possible. If Bae and RAF approve that level, of course. A tornado GR has planned to a future develop.
Thx for the info...sounds cool^^
Old 06-06-14, 08:06 AM   #9
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

VEAO tell over the diferences of "military version" vs "comercial version"
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...98&postcount=9
Quote:
Guys,
As much as we would like to have fully functional military standards aircraft for the community, this simply isn't possible due to a lot of reasons, sensitivity being the main one.

We will "simulate" certain functions of the aircraft to give you the feeling of flying a Typhoon. These may be way off what the actual aircraft can deliver or how it functions from an avionics suite point of view, as has been said many times before.

Probably there are only a handful of people, Eddie being one of them, that will know that the real aircraft doesn't function the way our consumer version one will.

Even the EFM (PFM) we will develop for the consumer version will not be as realistic as the real aircraft due to sensitivity again but you know what, I doubt anyone on the forum has actually flown a Typhoon so you won't know anyway

It will look and feel and handle like a Typhoon so don't worry.

Yes we will simulate weapons that may not be in service yet and certain weapons we simply won't be able to do as per certain aircraft functions.

Eddie, on our last research trip and subsequent conversations since, we were told differently. Let's just leave it at that. Pete wasn't questioning what you do or where you are and I think it's best of we drop this subject due to sensitivity again. Let's catch up for a beer next time we're at Conny and we can discuss it there

Cheers,
Chris.

Old 06-01-15, 10:45 AM   #10
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

Small update of the VEAO Eurofighter develop

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143832
Quote:
In case you missed this in the other thread...

Anyway, with Typhoon as you can imagine we had to do a lot of research and discussions on what we could include in the public version compared to the military version.
We now have a very firm outline of what that is.
That is currently being produced into a sort of schematic project plan.
At the same time we are exploring what DCS can and can't do with regards to systems and what our team has knowledge with and what other teams have knowledge with and if we're not sure we'll reach out to our friends in other development teams for pointers and help.
We're also looking at what technology is already available; TAD, TGP, Etc. from the A-10C and what we can use changing some symbology.

Following our last trip to Conningsby we decided to completely re-model the external and internal cockpit models. The old model was one we developed for a project for the RAF back in 2009 and was not up to current DCS levels.
Once I receive the cockpit model I will implement the switch test system, as I did with Hawk which sets the foundation for the advanced system model (ASM).
This helps and aids the programmers in checking code for functions and in something like Typhoon is essential.
Hawk has over 170 switches, buttons and dials. Typhoon has many more with multiple functions in each MHDD push button for example.
So the foundation needs to be right the first time.
The base flight model (EFM) has already started to be worked on and will be tweaked once we have the model.
Animations of external and internal flight model will start when the model is complete.

One feature of the MHDD's is they change automatically based in a set of parameters; aircraft start up, taxi, take off, combat, Etc..
Again we are researching how best to implement that in DCS.

All new areas not done before in DCS...

So, when will it be out. To be honest when it's ready...my aim is by end of this year but we'll see when we start getting into systems code and the hundreds of pages for the MHDD's.

This is currently our biggest project, in line with the NH-90 for systems functionality and we can share a lot between the two aircraft.

We are also looking to see if we can create a base template for all-glass cockpit systems; unlikely but if we can it will save time in future military and public projects.

Hope that's enough of an update for you

Thanks,
Chris.

Old 06-30-15, 10:53 AM   #11
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

Q&A VEAO Eurofighter

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...89&postcount=1
Quote:
Hello everybody,
I thought it would be a good idea to launch a FAQ thread on the VEAO Typhoon module that is currently WIP. The purpose of this FAQ is to answer the most basic and interesting questions that newcomers will likely have about this project.

I want to stress that I’m not a member of the VEAO team, but I have consulted the team to obtain their support/approval for this FAQ thread and to proof read it advance.

The questions represent a collection of those repeatedly raised in the threads of this forum channel. I have derived some additional questions from them. The responses are based on statements made by the VEAO team, with myself providing some complementary comments and information where appropriate and feasible.

This FAQ might be updated over time as new questions emerge.

My thanks goes to Pman for the kind support and approval of this FAQ

Kind regards
Spectre

Q: When is the VEAO Typhoon module going to be released?

A: There is no fix release date set. The VEAO team aims at completing the Typhoon module until the end of 2015. This date is a team internal target based on current estimates. It is not a promise and potentially subject to change. A more accurate and reliable forecast can only be made once the project has passed a certain maturity gate. Stay tuned for further updates in the future.

Q: To what quality standards will the VEAO Typhoon adhere to in terms of flight and systems modeling?

A: The VEAO Typhoon will feature an External Flight Model (EFM), which is comparable to ED’s Professional Flight Model (PFM), as well as Advanced Systems Modeling (ASM).

Q: How realistic will the VEAO Typhoon be in comparison to the real aircraft?

A: The VEAO team intends to create an authentic representation of the real aircraft within the given constraints.

Q: The Eurofighter Typhoon is a relative recent, advanced combat aircraft, aren’t most of its features/capabilities classified?

A: Not everything about this aircraft is classified, but of course there are several classified aspects. That’s actually true for all military aircraft in active service and even for many former types that aren’t operational anymore.

Q: Given the above, how is VEAO going to create an authentic replication of the real aircraft?

A: VEAO has contacts within the UK military and is in the process of developing a military version of the Typhoon module. The team subsequently has the access to the information and data needed to create an authentic model of the aircraft. The public version that will be released as a certified 3rd party add-on module for DCS World will be based on this military version. However, it will be a deducted/-de-classified version of it.

Q: What does deducted/de-classified mean and what implications does it have on the public version of the Typhoon module for DCS World?

A: Deduction means that certain classified features won’t be implemented on the public version. It also means that some features might be simulated in a simplified fashion or that they are approximated. Certain data might be tweaked.

Q: What does the above mean to the end user?

A: It will probably mean nothing to the end user. Unless you are a professional involved with the real Eurofighter program from the military or industry side you won’t notice what is missing or not 1:1 implemented in comparison to the real aircraft.

Q: Can VEAO confirm which features will be missing and which are authentic, simplified or approximated?

A: No, VEAO can’t confirm any of the above as it has a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in place.

Q: What does NDA mean, why is it necessary and what advantages/disadvantages are entailed to it?

A: The NDA enables VEAO to develop both, the military and public versions of the Typhoon. It is as such a pre-condition and without the NDA it wouldn’t be possible.
In addition to the above the advantage is that a more realistic replication of the real aircraft is possible, even if you don’t know what is authentic and what might not be authentic.

Q: Based on what is said above, how can we be sure we aren’t fooled with a fantasy version of the aircraft?

A: You can’t, but you can judge the module on its merits, match it against what’s publicly known and maybe someone with actual insight may leave a hint about how authentic it is or not. The same can be said for any military aircraft that is being modeled for a public flight simulator like DCS World, that’s the compromise all sides have to respect.

Q: What version of the aircraft will be simulated by the VEAO Typhoon module?

A: At release the VEAO Typhoon module will simulate the single seat variant of the aircraft at a standard equivalent to Block 5 as is in service with the British Royal Air Force.

Q: What is a Block 5 Typhoon?

A: As with many other military aircraft production of the Typhoon is split into multiple tranches, batches and blocks. Blocks herein represent the smallest production breakdown and can be described as capability baselines. Block 5 represents the last block of the Tranche 1 order. Block 5 is the final operating capability (FOC) standard. That means Block 5 Typhoons provide the level of capability and functionality laid out in the weapon system performance specification of this aircraft as stipulated in the development contract.

Q: What systems and capabilities does a Block 5 have?

A: Block 5 Typhoons are mainly optimized for air-to-air missions, with some basic air-to-ground capabilities. These aircraft feature the Captor-C radar utilizing a mechanically scanned planar array, the PIRATE infrared sensor, the Defensive Aids Sub-System, the HEA helmet mounted symbology system, the Multifunction Information Distribution System, Direct Voice Input etc.

Q: Will the VEAO Typhoon simulate all of the above systems?

A: The VEAO Typhoon will simulate most of these systems to varying degrees dependent the level of classification and limitations imposed by the DCS World engine. Some like DVI cannot be guaranteed at this point, but the VEAO team is looking at this. Some features might be subject to future updates of this module.

Q: What about weapons, which weapons will be available for the VEAO Typhoon?

A: The exact weapons fit has not been set in stone, but bear in mind that VEAO will only simulate weapons that are integrated on real Typhoon Block 5 aircraft in service with the RAF.

From public sources you can gather that weapons cleared for real Block 5 aircraft comprise the AIM-9L Sidewinder, ASRAAM and IRIS-T infrared guided short range air-to-air missiles (SRAAM), the A, B & C5 variants of the AIM-120 AMRAAM active radar guided medium range air-to-air missile (MRAAM), the internally housed Mauser Bk27 gun, 1000 lb class free fall bombs, UK Paveway II and GBU-16 1000 lb class laser guided bombs (LGBs), GBU-10 2000 lb class LGBs and Enhanced Paveway II dual-mode bombs with laser/GPS-guidance. In addition the aircraft is cleared for carriage of up to three 1000 l supersonic fuel tanks and the Rafael Litening 3 laser designator pod (LDP).

As mentioned before the VEAO Typhoon will simulate the aircraft as is in service with the RAF. That means weapons like the IRIS-T, GBU-10 or GBU-16 won’t be integrated. It can be confirmed that the EPW II won’t be integrated at this point either, but the team is looking at the possibility to implement the Paveway II and LDP. As development of air-to-ground capabilities hasn’t begun on behalf of the VEAO team time will show whether its implementation can be harmonized with the time scales envisaged. If not you’ll have to cope with an air-to-air only capable version of this aircraft. However, that doesn’t rule out the possibility of future additions.

Q: What about other weapons and system capabilities such as Meteor, Storm Shadow, the Captor-E AESA radar, thrust vectoring controls or conformal fuel tanks?

A: All of the above and others are capabilities not available on Block 5 Typhoons, most of them are not even integrated yet and subject to future upgrades, mainly for Tranche 2 & 3 aircraft, whereas Block 5 is Tranche 1.

Q: Will we see more advanced versions of the Typhoon from VEAO in the future?

A: The VEAO team keeps its options open, but there is no firm commitment to develop more advanced versions. The development of such versions would be dependent on a number of factors that cannot be entirely predicted at this point in time.

Old 07-19-15, 03:02 PM   #12
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

Eurofigter Trench I Block 5 external model by VEAO

Old 05-31-16, 05:27 PM   #13
Minoslas
Grey Wolf

New develop pics of VEAO Eurofighter

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...63&postcount=9
Quote:
No worries guys.
I know there's not much to see right now.

Here's what I'm working on today...OSB's.

And can't remember if I posted this early wireframe of the new gear assembly.