Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-19, 10:24 AM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I don't think many people will have two cars, electric and hydrogen, it is likely that hydrogen ones will just be rented for holidays or weekends. And probably also the small electric ones, in fact the automobile is headed mostly for car sharing apps and rental. Big fleets of rental/shared electric vehicles in the city, where you could not care less about what badge they have, that is the future.

One important part of this is is IMO how the automobile has changed in popular culture. From being a sign of individuality and freedom, to becoming mostly just a tool that gives you an utility. There is also of course the radical left environmentalist inquisition around, happy to point at such mid class freedom dreams as toxic and damaging for the wellness of society. But overall I see millenials and younger people have, save for some exceptions, a quite different perception of the automobile, not different than what they see in a fridge or washing machine. No wonder motorsports are declining big time, popular culture has already moved away from all the automobile once meant.
I am not certain on that rental-car-only-model, I think that still is very much for the very young adult group. But I would welcome a no-selling-only-leasing policy enforced on batteries in general, cars and ebikes alike. So far, manufacturers must have no interest to build batteries of lasting durability, it is in their interest that batteries do not last, but break early and people must buy new ones. That is at least how it is with bicycles, I do not know about e-cars. A leasing model encourages the industry to build batteries with longer longevity and resistance to environmental effects that could degrade them. Attention must be paid to the pricing for leasing fees, however, they shall not be allowed to go through the cailing to nullify the wanted effect. Industry must feel an own interest to produce better quality.

I do not expect that hydrogen bicycles will make it.

Tags
electrics cars, tesla