Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-14-22, 10:32 PM   #1
Kaptlt.Endrass
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 96
Uploads: 0
Default Back Online

Hello again folks; been quite a while.

I've been away due to starting my career in the Navy, and a quite hectic first sea duty (two deployments in as many years). I'm glad to be back here, and I started picking up SH3 again while underway, which inevitably led me back here.

Hoping I've not missed any of this fine boat's crew, and figured I'd submit my name to the old man for roll call and see how both Subsim and her crew are doing. I look forward to hearing good news from you all, and wish you happy hunting!

As much as I dislike it sometimes, I'm a tin can sailor, through and through.
Kaptlt.Endrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 11:03 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 11:11 PM   #3
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

It's about time you showed your face again! Can we have a summary of your deployments?
Old 08-15-22, 12:03 AM   #4
Kaptlt.Endrass
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
It's about time you showed your face again! Can we have a summary of your deployments?

Aye, I could do that.

2020 was a very interesting one...we left prior to COVID being a thing, and at some point were detached from our strike group to follow an adversary task force that was going way further than that nation's navy had ever done so before. So we went one way. Then back the other.

And back the other.

And back the other way. Stopped in Guam for 3 days liberty, which ended up being one and a half, since our target decided to turn back again and we had to be underway first thing to meet them. Followed them to a turnover point at the IDL, where we swapped off with a DDG out of Pearl Harbor, to which we then pulled into for a week. Around that time, COVID was started to get noticed, but still not big yet.

We left Hawaii with big plans; we were being sent to do counter-narcotics in the South Pacific, and we had been told that ports such as Panama, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Columbia, Chile, and more were on the plate, with the possibility of going around to Brazil and even a chance to swing around Cape Horn. Right around then, the world went into lockdown though, and all of those visits were cancelled, with only one-day fuel stops here and there when the tanker had to return to the US. Weren't allowed off the ship in most ports.

Most of that 9-month deployment was spent literally sitting and spinning, waiting for drug boats that never came. We were the flank guard for USS Pinckney, who really did most of the work (29 busts compared to our 3). That was also the deployment where the ship caught COVID, and we had to race back to a US port to quarantine and clean the ship. A lot of that deployment became a political statement to the world, sort of 'Hey look, this ship got crippled by COVID but they're already back out there!' sort of thing.

Our 2021 deployment, though, was much more fun, if much shorter. We did single ship ops in-around Southeast Asian hotspots, got very close to China and their newest (at the time) carrier, things like that. I actually got to do my job, which was amazing, and even got to go to Japan for a week, which is an experience I won't forget! Went all around where I could, toured battleship Mikasa, and almost got to climb Mt. Fuji, though a typhoon canceled the trip the day prior. All in all, I absolutely loved the second deployment.

Just recently came out of the yards and we're getting the ship spun up and the new crew trained. I'll be going to shore here soon, so I've been busy getting the new folk ready to replace me.

Old 08-15-22, 01:44 AM   #5
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Thanks for the heads up, and welcome back

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 02:34 AM   #6
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome back matey

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 07:31 AM   #7
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

A warm welcome back from us in The Bilge - and fair winds to you in your great career, buddy
Old 08-15-22, 08:26 AM   #8
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Welcome back!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 08:54 AM   #9
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Welcome back!!!

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 08:56 AM   #10
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Welcome Back

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 01:54 PM   #11
Kaptlt.Endrass
Sonar Guy

I did want to ask, do we still have any flotillas in service? I was thinking about getting back into that sort of thing, do a little bit of RP.

Old 08-16-22, 07:01 AM   #12
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Welcome back and happy to see you here.
I'm glad to hear your service and deployments are everything you had hoped them to be.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-22, 07:17 AM   #13
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Your first deployment sounds like a service experience that was really unusual, with Covid screwing up any shore leave. Glad things were better for your second one. Thanks for the summary.

I'm not sure about any SH flotillas, most of my attention has been with Wolfpack. We have regular matches on Weds and Thursday, with a campaign being planned for Sept.