SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-28-07, 03:18 PM   #151
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

There's a little Bernard in all of us, my son;
But we like to blame him, just for fun.
Old 01-31-07, 03:41 AM   #152
OuNiS
Engineer

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Default Can't find Iambecomelife's Hospital Ship at adress....

http://rapidshare.de/files/5449066/H...d_v1.0.7z.html

Can you tell me where can I find this mod? Adress which I write here doesn't exists.
Maybe peoples who manage SH3 Mods Workshop thread should sometimes update links?
OuNiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 09:17 PM   #153
MENTAT
Sparky

Downloads: 198

%80 of the links here is not working especially the rapidshare links. They are all dead end!! I wonder what happened to rapidshare, is it something with it because Filefront links are just working fine
MENTAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 09:25 PM   #154
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MENTAT
%80 of the links here is not working especially the rapidshare links. They are all dead end!! I wonder what happened to rapidshare, is it something with it because Filefront links are just working fine
Rapidshare links are only valid for 7 days
What were you after ?

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-07, 10:44 PM   #155
neo111
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Can you help please?

I keep reading "Install when your U-boat is in base." What does this mean? Is it that I have to have the game running to install the mod, or is the term, "in base" simply referring to the fact that the game has not been started? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am not familier with the terms being used yet.

Great site by the way. Fantastic and friendly atmosphere. Thank you.
Old 02-03-07, 11:46 PM   #156
fredbass
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo111
I keep reading "Install when your U-boat is in base." What does this mean? Is it that I have to have the game running to install the mod, or is the term, "in base" simply referring to the fact that the game has not been started? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am not familier with the terms being used yet.

What happens is that once you've started a patrol and you are at sea, the game is recognizing certain variables that you currently are using. If you enable a mod at sea, you basically are interrupting the current variable with something that the current gameplay might not recognize and could possibly crash the game. So to be safe, it's best to always enable them in base so you can avoid any possible problems since the game is basically starting fresh from that point and will read your setup as a whole and not fractional.
Old 02-04-07, 08:40 AM   #157
airwolf48453
Helmsman

Downloads: 201
Default backup copy of SH3

I tried to make a backup copy of my SH3 DVD-Rom and when i did a playback check it couldn't be read. My disc is starting to get worn so I wanted to make a backup copy to have. I used Nero to do the backup and other suggestions on how to make a copy of it?
A Point Of Great Significance...Is The Keen Sensitivity Of The Wolf To The Condition Of It's Prey. In Judging What He Can Handle And What Should Prudently Be Left Alone, The Wolf Brings To His Daily Work Sophisticated Skills Completely Beyond Our Human Keen. These Are Made Possible By Inborn Capacities Effectively Tuned And Developed In The Young Wolf Through An Apprenticeship That Only The Capable Survive.
airwolf48453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-07, 01:22 PM   #158
neo111
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbass
Quote:

What happens is that once you've started a patrol and you are at sea, the game is recognizing certain variables that you currently are using. If you enable a mod at sea, you basically are interrupting the current variable with something that the current gameplay might not recognize and could possibly crash the game. So to be safe, it's best to always enable them in base so you can avoid any possible problems since the game is basically starting fresh from that point and will read your setup as a whole and not fractional.
OK. Yes, I grasp that and thanks for taking the time to reply. What I mean is, do you mean, run the game, pause it and then add the mods or, can the mods be added without running the game? Is that clear? I don't think I made it clear in my original question.
Old 02-04-07, 02:13 PM   #159
robj250
Sea Lord

Location: Port Hardy, BC, Canada 75 yo with M.S. & C.O.P.D. & heart problems
Downloads: 1

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

OK. Yes, I grasp that and thanks for taking the time to reply. What I mean is, do you mean, run the game, pause it and then add the mods or, can the mods be added without running the game? Is that clear? I don't think I made it clear in my original question.
NO. finish your patrol and take your sub back to base and then turn off the game. Now you can install or do whatever it is you want to do. If you are using SH3 Commander, roll-back before you install a new mod.
robj250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-07, 04:10 AM   #160
MENTAT
Sparky

Downloads: 198

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENTAT
Rapidshare links are only valid for 7 days
What were you after ?
Uh so how the hell we are supposed to download all that stuff now?
MENTAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-07, 12:54 PM   #161
immortal44
Seaman

Downloads: 0

I'm really glad that people have taken the time to explain all of this, just picked up sh3 and had almost no idea what I was doing in the 'tutorials' .
immortal44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-07, 08:36 PM   #162
neo111
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj250
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

NO. finish your patrol and take your sub back to base and then turn off the game. Now you can install or do whatever it is you want to do. If you are using SH3 Commander, roll-back before you install a new mod.
OK. Thanks, I understand that now. However, (there is always a "however") I am having real problems understanding how to use the JSGME software to install these new mods. At the moment I have no mods installed. I have read the instructions over and over again but they seem so confusing I can't get to grips with them. I have looked carefully at the JPG file picture included with the program but still cannot make any sense out of them. Is there a blow by blow account on the site somewhere I can read?

Thnak you for your patience with me.
Old 02-06-07, 04:47 AM   #163
robj250
Sea Lord

Location: Port Hardy, BC, Canada 75 yo with M.S. & C.O.P.D. & heart problems
Downloads: 1

Most mods that you might want to install, after you have patched SH3 with 1.4, then install JSGME, which creates a MOD Folder, are installabale by placing the file in the MOD folder and run JSGME. Move the mod (inside the MOD folder to the right side) then go through the three stages of enabling the mod.

Other mods that are not easy to enable using JSGME, you will just have to try and figure it out yourself, or, as you are doing now, ask in this forum.

Rob

additional: you need to install the GWX Dec 23 update after installing GWX

Last edited by robj250; 02-06-07 at 09:23 AM.
robj250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-07, 10:58 AM   #164
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Have a look at these tutorials. They explain everything you need to know about JSGME

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=1009484
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...2/m/3461029123
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-07, 02:19 AM   #165
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Default TarJak's Harbour Infiltration Tutorial

If you are interested in attacking stationery targets in shallow water with the danger of mines, subnets and patrolling enemy warships, check out this before you set sail and it might just save your sub from destruction, (Or help it get blown up)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=96843
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote