SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-09-24, 06:54 PM   #1
Craigory
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Support Mod won't download correctly

As the title says. I'm new to this site, and am trying to download the Fall of the Rising Sun mod for SH4. I'm on Microsoft edge with adblock turned off, as the page recommends. However, the file 'cannot be downloaded securely', and will stay as a CRDOWNLOAD file instead of becoming a ZIP file. error image.JPG

Any advice on how to correct this? I've been trying to download this mod for several days, and also tried on Google Chrome, but got no result there. I bought SH4 (and the uboat pack) specifically to use this mod with. Any help is appreciated.
Craigory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-24, 11:19 PM   #2
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755

Try using another browser like microsoft edge.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-24, 03:02 AM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Craigory!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-24, 07:18 AM   #4
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigory View Post
As the title says. I'm new to this site, and am trying to download the Fall of the Rising Sun mod for SH4. I'm on Microsoft edge with adblock turned off, as the page recommends. However, the file 'cannot be downloaded securely', and will stay as a CRDOWNLOAD file instead of becoming a ZIP file. Attachment 5949

Any advice on how to correct this? I've been trying to download this mod for several days, and also tried on Google Chrome, but got no result there. I bought SH4 (and the uboat pack) specifically to use this mod with. Any help is appreciated.

Looks like such crap will popup much more often today.
It has been started slowly by WinXP and will move on by the MS-'make money'-philosophy, which pushed all Freeware in Internet to be potential Malware.
Unexperienced Users in conjuction with a "modern" Oprating-System.

So i would say, learn how your edge-Browser works. And learn how to find informations much much faster then waiting to an answer in a Web-Forum.
Use youre preferred Internet-Searchmachine to put in whatever you are searching for. In this case use this for example:

edge "can't be downloaded securely"

The first Link (under the often showed commercials) should be helpful!
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/an...oaded-securely

HTH
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote