SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > Sub Club
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-30-09, 04:38 PM   #1
Ghostmooner
Bosun

Downloads: 173
Uploads: 0
Default The new guy

hello All, I just joined a few days ago, and would've posted here sooner but there are some strange problems with my internet browser not loading the webpages. it took forever just getting to my email.

I recently reinstalled SH3 and 4 after along time away from the games, after hearing they're starting work on SH5, I happened by your WPL site and wanted to join that day . I am hoping to get more involved with the forums and members, and would like any further info you can provide down below on how to participate.

I prefere to play SH3 mostly, 2-3 times aweek, usually just one long patrol stopping to resupply, head back out, then dock back at home base. I go by U-196, Type VIIB, and am trying to run a career that last from day 1 of the war all the way to the end without dieing. So far no luck :P (should I play it safer?)
mostly I play it with everything on cept' No external view, I just can't get enough of looking at my own boat. I'm hoping to find a mod I use to have that gave me proper fuel ranges, and proper max dephts. I use to have it and a ton of other realism mods but I threw them out years back. if anyone can throw me a link of the one i'm talking about post it below.
I don't really care for playing SH4, just don't like the US subs, and considering them and the brits have mostly superior anti-sub tech, its not as challenging as the U-boats. plus, all I can seem to find to sink in that game are dumb old sanpans. I have yet to come across any real ships or convoys.
Ghostmooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-09, 04:50 PM   #2
Capt Squid
Torpedoman

Downloads: 29

Welcome, bilge rat. Come on over to the Moulin Rouge and hoist a few pints.
Capt Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-09, 05:33 PM   #3
owner20071963
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Welcome Aboard,
Try the Multiplay Experience,
I'm sure You will Enjoy the Thrill of the Hunt,
Like never before,
with Worldwide Captains',
Check out the Multiplay forum section,
Happy Hunting.
Old 03-31-09, 04:53 AM   #4
martes86
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 18

Welcome aboard sailor!
martes86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-09, 08:28 AM   #5
Ghostmooner
Bosun

Anyone know how I can change my avatar and put an image in my signature???

Wow, I just played SH4 this morning, ran into a jap marchant convoy and tried to launch a salvo of 4 torps. They all ran in single file, and were heading way off course. Plus I couldnt' hear any of the crew voises, just the overly loud ocean. I foregot how crappy that game is :P
Old 03-31-09, 09:52 AM   #6
A Very Super Market
The Old Man

Downloads: 0

You can't change your avatar, though Neal can do it for a donation of 5$

But you just need the URL of the image you want, and tag it.

Like so

[img]blablablacom/picture[/img]

The entire German garrison of Vanviken, right here in your thread!
A Very Super Market is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-09, 02:37 PM   #7
Jester107th
Sailor man

Downloads: 3

Welcome aboard, shipmate!
Old 04-01-09, 12:55 PM   #8
Ghostmooner
Bosun

OK, I got SH3 all pimped out with GWX 3.0, and some other neat mods I found, still looking for some new Type VII B and C skins. I got SH4, but I have the u-boat missions, I had it downloaded from a site, but can't find it and might have to buy it again. I plan to install the RFB 1.52 or something onto it.

well, I'm eager to get to multiplayer with the gang, do you guy have any events schedualed or anything? I mostly play in the mornings, 5am-10am pacific time. And was wondering if there are any other activities I can get involved with.

also, I found this really cool enigma machine simulator thingy, its really detailed, it comes with a tool that lets you creat code books for day, month over even a whole year. I just wish I had an escuse to use it.
therefor i'll post later on a code sheet for the month of april, and post coded messages for times and days i'll be over in SH3, or 4 in multiplayer mode and your welcome to join the hunt.
to get the enigma machine i'll have to post a link to the site I got it from later today. its not too tricky to use, just set up the rotors, and the plugs can get complex.