SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-18-08, 07:03 AM   #751
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Uploads: 0
Default float engine patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by salac_78
I have found s boat engine patch(havent test it though),but culdnt find floatplane patch;btw what is floatplane patch anyway
If Im not mistaken, it should be a bit below in post no. 1 (close to the S-boat engine patch)

go look for it

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-08, 03:49 PM   #752
Warhawk1130
Nub

Downloads: 0

I am attempting to install the last TMO to a fresh install patched to 1.4.

I can find no detailed instructions on how to install the mod itself. I have used the GME for it, but still get the old screens and game.

Help greatly appreciated!
Warhawk1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-08, 12:14 PM   #753
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk1130
I am attempting to install the last TMO to a fresh install patched to 1.4.

I can find no detailed instructions on how to install the mod itself. I have used the GME for it, but still get the old screens and game.

Help greatly appreciated!
If you are running SH4 1.4 you will need TMO for 1.4. The latest version of TMO 1.5.2 I is optimized for SH4 1.5 UBM, and will just not work well with 1.4. This might be the link to TMO for SH4 1.4, give it a try.

http://files.filefront.com/REL+Trigg.../fileinfo.html

As for installing the mod with JSGME its like this open the RAR file start JSGME and pickup the TMO file with the mousie and drop it onto the left pane of JSGME and let it transfer will take a while. Once transfered into JSGME select TMO and push the activate button and wait for the progress bar to finish. Close JSGME and start up SH4, and enjoy!

Happy Hunting!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter

Last edited by Wilcke; 11-25-08 at 12:17 PM.
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-08, 01:49 AM   #754
SteveW1
Watch Officer

Downloads: 75

Is anybody doing any work on this at the moment? I vaguely remember someone posting that they might do something further on TMO now that Ducimus is no longer with us.

Steve
Old 11-26-08, 10:00 AM   #755
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW1
Is anybody doing any work on this at the moment? I vaguely remember someone posting that they might do something further on TMO now that Ducimus is no longer with us.

Steve
They did, I have forgotten who they were or what thread. You can always get S3D and start tinkering its very addictive and pretty soon you will have your own custom TMO!

Happy Hunting!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-08, 05:43 PM   #756
Orion2012
Commodore

I know I talked about tweaking the RFb damage model to work with TMO, but don't want to take on the project for a few reasons. Mainly lack of knowledge and the fact that the damage model isn't complete. When it is and I have more time I might start tinkering with it to see what I can do, but I'll need lots of help.
Old 12-02-08, 07:14 PM   #757
claybirdd
Frogman

Downloads: 32

I am right there with you Orion. TMO should not fall by the way side. Once the damage modelis complete I will be happy to share the workload on this project. I figure by the time the damage mod is complete there will be several things which could also be incorporated in a new release. On a side note I am against changing anything with the enviroment as this has several negative side effects.
claybirdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-08, 10:25 PM   #758
Orion2012
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by claybirdd
I am right there with you Orion. TMO should not fall by the way side. Once the damage modelis complete I will be happy to share the workload on this project. I figure by the time the damage mod is complete there will be several things which could also be incorporated in a new release. On a side note I am against changing anything with the enviroment as this has several negative side effects.
Good to know I won't have to do it alone. The biggest fear I have would be making it too realistic and too much like RFB. I think part of TMO's appeal is the fact that it is different from RFB.
Old 12-03-08, 03:42 AM   #759
SteveW1
Watch Officer

Downloads: 75

I'd be interested in learning how to do some modding If you would like some help as well Orion2012, TMO is to good a mod to let go by the wayside.

Steve
Old 12-03-08, 10:32 AM   #760
Orion2012
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW1
I'd be interested in learning how to do some modding If you would like some help as well Orion2012, TMO is to good a mod to let go by the wayside.

Steve
Absolutly. The best thing I can suggest is downloading S3d and tinkering with some files. I still don't know half of what I probably should know about modding, but with a little help from the community anything is possible. S3d does a great job of telling you what your modding and what that change effects.

My biggest problem is with the UPC files. Even though they are text they have to be very precise to work. Whenever I decide I finally have the free time to begin such a big project, I'll be sure to let you know, but first I need to finish TMO plot before Rockin Robbins assigns me to bad weather watch.
Old 12-04-08, 11:19 PM   #761
claybirdd
Frogman

Downloads: 32

hey orion can you find me the existing damage mod and pm it to me? Im itchin to get started.

I've always used auto targeting and RFB prevents me from detecting contacts and the TDC gives me a false speed on damaged ships. I could go on. Anyways I will be reverting back to TMO and would like to begin improving it for the time beieng. Hey the RFB team released it without warships. Why not us?
claybirdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 06:43 AM   #762
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruger
Too bad. It's the only supermod that I play, and I like it very much for it's usability (especially the SH3'ish like keyboard layout).

I can only hope that someone will take Ducimus's work further.
My goal is to get the soul of TMO into RFB in three ways:

TMOkeys - a plug-in that gives you the magnificent TMO keyboard layout in any game configuration without nerfing any other item. This means that I use the TMO keyboard layout in RFB already!

TMO Plot V1.0 - another plug-in that imports the complete TMO plotting system into RFB, or any other game configuration without conflicting with any other features. V1.0 isn't perfect. V2.0, in testing, should be there.

TMOai - a future plug-in to establish TMO enemy AI into RFB or any other game configuration. This will be the final piece that allows you to import the incredible TMO experience into RFB or stock games.

Much of TMO already lives in RFB, the sub interior, clickable alarms, fore and aft cycling of tubes... Ducimus spent untold hours helping the RFB crew get up to speed on whatever he had to offer and actually installing into the RFB submarine.

If there are other TMO features that you think need to be ported, PM me and let me know. Our next project, TMOai will be a bear, but I think it's necessary to recreate TMO elsewhere.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-08, 02:57 PM   #763
Orion2012
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruger
Too bad. It's the only supermod that I play, and I like it very much for it's usability (especially the SH3'ish like keyboard layout).

I can only hope that someone will take Ducimus's work further.
My goal is to get the soul of TMO into RFB in three ways:

TMOkeys - a plug-in that gives you the magnificent TMO keyboard layout in any game configuration without nerfing any other item. This means that I use the TMO keyboard layout in RFB already!

TMO Plot V1.0 - another plug-in that imports the complete TMO plotting system into RFB, or any other game configuration without conflicting with any other features. V1.0 isn't perfect. V2.0, in testing, should be there.

TMOai - a future plug-in to establish TMO enemy AI into RFB or any other game configuration. This will be the final piece that allows you to import the incredible TMO experience into RFB or stock games.

Much of TMO already lives in RFB, the sub interior, clickable alarms, fore and aft cycling of tubes... Ducimus spent untold hours helping the RFB crew get up to speed on whatever he had to offer and actually installing into the RFB submarine.

If there are other TMO features that you think need to be ported, PM me and let me know. Our next project, TMOai will be a bear, but I think it's necessary to recreate TMO elsewhere.
Don't forget Duci graciously granting RFB permission to basically pilage and plunder TMO. I think that doing the TMOai will be a bear, but well worth the effort.

RR, do you think plucking the visual sensor from TMO would be worth while? I have the utmost respect for those who have done the current RFB visual sensors, but don't like some of the side-effects.

Then again doing so may cause irregualirites with other parts of RFB.
Old 12-05-08, 05:04 PM   #764
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

I have an open mind on the visual sensors. The RFB visual sensors aren't that different, and they are working on them to eliminate the undesirable side effects. I'm sure when they're finished, if Duci were still working on TMO they would be virtually identical.

I think the enemy AI should be priority number one. Then when we plug TMOkeys, TMOplot and TMOai into RFB we'll see by trial and terror whether it will be necessary to make any other adjustments. I'm thinking that we would just be blindly guessing if we decided to make adjustments now. Like you said, the AI will be enough of a bear all by itself!

In the meantime, it looks to me like TMO itself needs a daddy. claybirdd, if you and others were to take on TMO, my goal would be to keep TMOkeys, TMOplot and TMOai current with future versions of TMO, not just a time capsule of what TMO was.

I'm off to test TMOplot 2.0!
Old 12-05-08, 08:11 PM   #765
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Checked out TMOplot v2.0 using the Shinano mission in RFB. Right away I found a couple of problems. If I hadn't picked Shinano I might have never seen it...

Oops.....Shinano is kind of easy to pick out there, isn't she? Now you have to figure out what she is, find the directory and switch out the .dds file. Then I clicked on the Shinano to test out the vectors...

The vectors show up on all the boats. At least it says type: unknown. Everything else looked great. Sonar lines were uncolored. You can see that the course direction is gone. Getting really close there!

So for revenge I put her on the bottom with three Mark 18s. Serves it right.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 12-05-08 at 08:13 PM.