SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-16-07, 05:40 PM   #76
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
AVG, just to clarify, the only time you need to use the prepare button is if you are loading a game that was saved in mid patrol or when you start a new career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40
DT, I just want to say I enjoy useing your mod. It's great not to have to listen to the same news, over and over and over and over, well you get the picture. Great job
I'm glad you're enjoying it Fish40. I thought I had read somwhere in the change log for the 1.4 patch that this problem was solved in the patch, but evidently I read it wrong or it wasn't fixed. I, too, was pretty tired of listening to the same reports over and over.

Couldn't say for sure if 1.4 fixed the repeating messages, since I haven't upgraded to 1.4 yet. Gonna wait for Dave to feel better and update ROW for 1.4. I'm in no rush, I can wait
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 05:44 PM   #77
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
AVG, just to clarify, the only time you need to use the prepare button is if you are loading a game that was saved in mid patrol or when you start a new career.
That part I did not know. Thanks. Great little program!
Old 12-23-07, 08:17 PM   #78
Renesisfury
Mate

Downloads: 2

Ok, I seem to be having some problems. I selected the save that I wanted this to apply to, hit prepare then loaded the game. However, I get nothing on channel 22 other than the looping clip that the game gives you. Any suggestions? I have the exe in the same folder as sh4.exe, and I have the shortcut in my desktop. SH patched to 1.4, with the new version on TM and RSRDC
Renesisfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-07, 08:43 PM   #79
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesisfury
Ok, I seem to be having some problems. I selected the save that I wanted this to apply to, hit prepare then loaded the game. However, I get nothing on channel 22 other than the looping clip that the game gives you. Any suggestions? I have the exe in the same folder as sh4.exe, and I have the shortcut in my desktop. SH patched to 1.4, with the new version on TM and RSRDC
If you are on 22 you should get some news updates, play long enough this should happen. By the way just to spice up that station I added some other media files
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=127109
and deleted that annoying clip.

Edit: Here is a nice site: http://sh.xset.co.uk/

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-07, 09:01 PM   #80
Renesisfury
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Quote:
If you are on 22 you should get some news updates, play long enough this should happen. By the way just to spice up that station I added some other media files

RDP
So how many times should I let that clip loop before expecting to hear something different?
Old 12-23-07, 09:06 PM   #81
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

If you click on the station in question while in the RadioStationEditor, all the events for that station are displayed in the bottom window.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-07, 09:16 PM   #82
Renesisfury
Mate

Quote:
If you click on the station in question while in the RadioStationEditor, all the events for that station are displayed in the bottom window.
It's the stock list for channel 22
Old 12-23-07, 10:11 PM   #83
Renesisfury
Mate

Well, I just let the game loop that stupid clip for 10 min, and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I installed the mod, and followed the directions, is there a folder I was supposed to create in the SH directory?
Old 12-23-07, 11:13 PM   #84
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Quote:
It's the stock list for channel 22
Well, what I was trying to point out is that the date and time of the events for the station are listed in that window. You very well may not be at a point in time where an event is supposed to play. The news events can be scattered about quite a bit in time.

Old 12-23-07, 11:16 PM   #85
sqk7744
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 7

Awesome work DT!!!
sqk7744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-07, 12:33 PM   #86
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Quote:

RDP
So how many times should I let that clip loop before expecting to hear something different?
If you are on that station you should get some news updates as the game progresses ( ie bombing of Pearl Harbor, etc. ), as mentioned I deleted the looping clip as it is annoying, I replaced it with some Christmas stuff, that second link I posted has some good stuff in it as well.

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-08, 12:45 PM   #87
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

I think I may have found a bug. I'm using RSM 1.1 to create a Mutual Broadcasting System station. I started yesterday, and first encountered the problem then, but I wanted to wait and see if it would do it again fresh today. Here's what the event.ini looks like after I put in the July, 1942 programs and clicked "Apply changes" to save it:

[EVENT]
StartDate=29.06.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-06-29 lone ranger 1472 trouble at the canyon.mp3
;--------------------
;July 1942
;--------------------

[EVENT]
StartDate=01.07.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-07-01 lone ranger 1473 kidnapped.mp3

[EVENT]
StartDate=03.07.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-07-03 lone ranger 1474 surprise at sunrise .mp3
;42-07-06 lone ranger 1475 end of the iron spur.mp3
;42-07-08 lone ranger 1476 way of the transgressor.mp3

[EVENT]
StartDate=10.07.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-07-10 lone ranger 1477 barcley brothers' downfall.mp3

[EVENT]
StartDate=13.07.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-07-13 lone ranger 1478 high graders.mp3

[EVENT]
StartDate=15.07.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-07-15 lone ranger 1479 bread upon the waters.mp3

[EVENT]
StartDate=17.07.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-07-17 lone ranger 1480 one wide river.mp3
;42-07-20 lone ranger 1481 sorrel-jack outlaw horse.mp3
;42-07-22 lone ranger 1482 double in murder.mp3

[EVENT]
StartDate=24.07.1942
StartTime=19.30.00
MediaFile=42-07-24 lone ranger 1483 cattleman cash.mp3
;42-07-27 lone ranger 1484 homestead proved up.mp3
;42-07-31 lone ranger 1486 stagecoach to blue river.mp3

Please note I was very careful today typing in the date and time, and used the number pad, so it isn't a case of hitting a comma instead of a period. If I use RSM to fix the listing, taking out the "C" and redoing the date and time, it takes! From then on everything stays correct. It just seems to be randomly ignoring the date and time input the first time it's done. While I think I'm still going faster and easier using RSM this time, as opposed to doing it by hand like my previous statsions, it's still aggravating having to go back and redo these few.

And while I'm writing, RSM will not let you access sub-folders when creating a station. Like some of my other stations, this one is subdivided by year. But RSM wouldn't let me access or use files from the year sub-folders until I hand edited the radio.ini.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-08, 01:38 PM   #88
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

I found a fix!!

Instead of clicking "Apply changes" after putting in a whole month's worth, for August I clicked it after each line. No messed up lines!

UPDATE: For September, I tried clicking after every two lines. Some of them messed up.

Last edited by fred8615; 02-13-08 at 02:18 PM.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-08, 02:27 PM   #89
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Hey, Fred. Glad you found a fix for the first problem. Any way I could get a screeny of your entries that caused the problem? I don't recall running into that problem while testing. Were those inserted entries or ones added consecutively to the list? I'm assuming that those are all seperate events, not multiple media files for one event (RSM doesn't support multiple media files for one event).

I'd like to try to replicate the problem so that I can correct it, but I'll need a step by step listing of actions taken in order to do that. If you can put one together, feel free to email it to me and I'll see what I can determine.

As for the subfolders problem, I guess I need to add that to the limitations, too, since I never planned on subfolders being used . In fact, I wasn't even aware that subfolders could be used for events. I'll have to take a peek at changing that.

Old 02-13-08, 06:07 PM   #90
Lead Slinger

Downloads: 74

I can't run the darn thing! I get radio.ini file not found message. I believe I followed your directions, D/L'd, extracted to the mods folder, opened up the folder, extracted the exe file to the desktop and I get the introduction to the program but then the error message.... Mind you I'm of eastern eurpeon descent and my mom is blonde...... Thanks
1480 is offline   Reply With Quote