SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-16-07, 10:25 PM   #16
Misfit138
Lieutenant

Downloads: 80
Uploads: 0

@PULSEOX

Have you placed the RadioStation Manager exe into the Silent Hunter 4 root folder?
Misfit138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-07, 10:35 PM   #17
PULSEOX
Helmsman

Downloads: 417

Yes, that's where it is.....(with a shortcut on my desktop)
Old 08-16-07, 10:38 PM   #18
Misfit138
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULSEOX
Yes, that's where it is.....(with a shortcut on my desktop)
Hmm, and you're sure that there's that radio.ini file in your radio folder (Data/Sound/Radio)?
Old 08-16-07, 10:41 PM   #19
PULSEOX
Helmsman

Downloads: 417

OOPS!
After reading your first post again-I realized the RSM exe was inside a FOLDER in the root directory. After I took it out of the folder-now all's well.
THANKS for the help!
Old 08-16-07, 10:56 PM   #20
Misfit138
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULSEOX
THANKS for the help!
Hehe, no problem

Besides, the bigger my post count is, the bigger virtual IT I have :p
Old 08-16-07, 11:47 PM   #21
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

Got a question - this sounds really cool, and I just D/L'ed it to try it out, as I've shied away so far from adding any more radio stations beyond the CBS one 'cause it seemed pretty complicated to manage them all. However, I fired this up and McAfee popped up a warning that it was trying to access the Internet. Why would this program need to access the Internet just to manage the radio stations in my SH4 install?
Old 08-17-07, 09:21 AM   #22
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

@panthercules There is no valid reason for the app to connect to the internet unless it is something in the .Net code that checks for updates (or some other vile Billyesque windows function). The only thing that comes to mind is that I did tell .Net what the requirements were for the app (.Net 2 being one of those) and it may be looking for the .Net framework if you don't have it installed already. Mine has never tried to access the internet, so this is a possibility.

Edit : Any way you could PM me the IP address that it was trying to connect with? That would give me an idea what it was doing. I'm thinking it probably is .Net or digital signature related.

@ Leo : Instructions and documentation are not my strong points, unfortunately. Sober's my boss, too. I'm more of a click this and see what happens kind of learner:rotfl:
@JScones 'preciate it.

@PULSEOX Glad you got it worked out. Thanks, Misfit, for helping out (and boosting your post count )

PULSEOXs problem caused me to think of something I should have added into the application to begin with. It would be very easy for my app to make sure that it is installed in the correct folder by checking for the existence of the game exe and tell the user that the program is installed incorrectly if it doesn't find it. I think I'll add that to the next version.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Last edited by Digital_Trucker; 08-17-07 at 09:31 AM.
Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-07, 08:44 PM   #23
chopped50ford
Weps

Downloads: 22

Okay, im frustrated.

what does the "out of date sequence mean?" The dates from the original files all are in order...but why does it keep causing an error?

I notice too that in the CBS folder, none of the events are played...how does the radio work and feed into the events folder? Do you take them out and place them w/ the commercials?

Thanks

http://ths-i.com/
chopped50ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-07, 08:59 PM   #24
Misfit138
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopped50ford
Okay, im frustrated.

what does the "out of date sequence mean?" The dates from the original files all are in order...but why does it keep causing an error?
I'm pretty certain that if you get this kind of error then there are problems with the events.ini files date inputs

It could be duplicated input, two events set to happen on excatly same time and date or like this

Code:
[EVENT]
StartDate=08.12.1941
StartTime=14.00.00
MediaFile=1941-12-08-Roosevelt-BBC.mp3

[EVENT]
StartDate=01.12.1941
StartTime=17.00.00
MediaFile=1941-12-08-BBC_Wilfred_Pickles_News_on_the_Far_East.mp3

[EVENT]
StartDate=16.12.1941
StartTime=17.00.00
MediaFile=1941-12-xx-World_War_II_Shows_411111-ConvoyInAtlantic.mp3
Old 08-17-07, 09:00 PM   #25
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Out of date sequence means that the date/time for the entry that is displayed is less than or equal to the date/time for the entry before it. When it gives you that error, scroll up 1 line and compare the dates in the start date column for the two records. One of them will be out of place and you can move them with the up and down buttons to put them in the right place.

Not sure what you mean by taking them out and putting them in with the commercials, but the stuff outside the events folder gets played randomly and the stuff inside the events folder gets played when a line in the events.ini file says to play it. If there is a line in the events.ini file that specifies a media file that isn't inside the Events folder then at that date and time your game will crash.

Edit: Misfit, how'd you know I was typing again? You psychic or something?:rotfl:

Old 08-17-07, 09:05 PM   #26
Misfit138
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
Edit: Misfit, how'd you know I was typing again? You psychic or something?:rotfl:
Actually I am I can predict the future so I predict now that I've sold my ATI card, the next Catalyst drivers are optimized completely for Silent Hunter 4
Old 08-17-07, 09:11 PM   #27
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

[OT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit138
Actually I am I can predict the future so I predict now that I've sold my ATI card, the next Catalyst drivers are optimized completely for Silent Hunter 4
If I had a dollar, I'd make ya a bet against that. I think the odds are with me:p

[/OT]

Old 08-17-07, 11:27 PM   #28
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
@panthercules There is no valid reason for the app to connect to the internet unless it is something in the .Net code that checks for updates (or some other vile Billyesque windows function). The only thing that comes to mind is that I did tell .Net what the requirements were for the app (.Net 2 being one of those) and it may be looking for the .Net framework if you don't have it installed already. Mine has never tried to access the internet, so this is a possibility.

Edit : Any way you could PM me the IP address that it was trying to connect with? That would give me an idea what it was doing. I'm thinking it probably is .Net or digital signature related.
Wish I could, but I can't seem to get McAfee to tell me anything about what the program was trying to do or where it was trying to go, and now when I try to fire it up again it just throws off errors with huge reports that it wants to send to Microsoft. I can't figure out how to copy the error report, but you can see part of it here:

Guess I'll have to wait for the next version and try again. I've got versions 1, 2 and 3 of the .NET stuff loaded up and fully updated for various other reasons, so it shouldn't need to go check for anything like that but maybe it's trying anyway.
Old 08-18-07, 09:51 AM   #29
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

I should have asked to begin with, but what operating system are you running?

If you've got all the .NETs installed, I can't understand why it would be attempting any internet communication (unless it's a digital signature thing). I'll rebuild it with no signature and send you a link to it via PM. If that solves the internet communication problem, then we'll know what it was doing.

Old 08-18-07, 10:46 AM   #30
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

@D_T: The error message that panthercules posted is very helpful, especially P9.

A q: do you have your app set as 'Make single instance application' on the Project Designer Application page?

If so, that will be why. The first instance listens through a local network port with subsequent instances passing parameters to the first instance via this port (before exiting again). In this case McAfee is blocking teh access. BTW McAfee and .NET don't play well together.

IIRC there should be an option to stop listening to the port. Try that.

If you don't have make single instance selected, I have some other thoughts, but this is usually the most common.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote