SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-21, 05:19 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default New printer wanted

My Canon ip5200 has given up its life, I need a new one. To be fair, it served me long time, and well, but never was fully compatible with Windows 10 anyway, that old it is.

New printer should scan as well. WLAN welcomed. It would best be compatible both with Windows and Linux Mint.

I consider the Epson EcoTank ET-2750.

1.) Has anybody experience with the ecotank models by Epson, or with this one or the 2720 model?

2.) Has anyone experience with it under Linux?

3.) And I read that after some thousand pages or a time limit the ink pad inside needs to be replaced, and that this is a service job for Epson (on which they can cash in again). Is this true, is it a reason for concern, or can it be manually done?

4.) Can a Linux device be set up for connecting via WLAN? I read the WLAN connectivity is for mobiles (android that means), and that these then need an app (that would not be working under Linux Mint then).

Or does anybody know a good alternative with smart ink cost management and as little online subscription harassment as possible?