Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I agree. It's just cold war posturing.
Then today this was served to my breakfast

Quote:
Ambassador: China will not rule out armed conflict with the US over Taiwan
China's ambassador to Denmark says that China will use all necessary means to achieve its goal of reunification with Taiwan.

It is inevitable that Taiwan will eventually be "reunified with the mainland", and China is willing to use any means necessary to make it happen - even if it means a war with the United States.

This is what China's ambassador to Denmark, Feng Tie, says in an interview with Deadline on DR2.

- One thing is certain: Taiwan will be reunited with Mainland China. Taiwan is China's Taiwan. Taiwan is part of China, and the issue of Taiwan is China's internal matter, he says.

- We will achieve our goal of reunification, and we will do our utmost to ensure that it happens peacefully. But we do not refrain from the use of force, and we will use all necessary means to achieve our goals.

Since Thursday, China has carried out a large-scale military exercise near Taiwan, where, among other things, they have launched ballistic missiles across the Taiwan Strait and simulated an attack on Taiwan.

The military exercise was initiated as a response to the Speaker of the House of Representatives of the United States, Nancy Pelosi, visiting Taiwan last week.

Pelosi is the most senior politician from the United States to visit the island in 25 years, and her visit has angered the government in Beijing, which believes Taiwan belongs to China.

The start of a third world war?
US President Joe Biden has stated on several occasions that the US is willing to get involved militarily if necessary to defend Taiwan if the island is attacked by China.

And Feng Tie does not deny that China is willing to enter into an armed conflict with the United States in order for Taiwan to become an integral part of China.

- Of course we will not rule out the possibility of using military force, we will use all the necessary means, he says.

It will lead to a third world war?

- The process of reunification is irreversible. We will do our best to achieve it peacefully, but we will not rule out the possibility of using military force, says Feng Tie.

Not even if it will lead to a third world war?

- Those are your words and not mine. I say that we will do everything to ensure that it happens peacefully, but we will not rule out the use of military force.

'Taiwan is China's territory'
China does not consider Taiwan to be an independent state, but rather a part of China.

- Taiwan is not a state, but a Chinese province – there is only one China, and Taiwan is part of China, says Feng Tie.

Therefore, he also believes that China was within their rights to initiate the large-scale military exercise after Pelosi's visit last week.

- China warned the US several times about the consequences of this visit, but the warnings were ignored and the meeting was carried out. Because of that provocation, China was forced to respond resolutely, he says.

How is it proportionate to conduct military exercises in response to a peaceful, diplomatic meeting?

- Because the US violates its obligations - do not forget that Taiwan is part of China and is China's territory. Therefore, it is fully legitimate for China to conduct military exercises off Taiwan, says Feng Tie.
I don't know how to interpreter his answers in this interview with the Danish News channel TV-Avisen.= TV-Newspaper

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 06:30 AM   #287
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

There is no need to "interpret" anything. The writing is on the wall, in bold capital letters, and best advise is to take them by their word. They mean what they say.

The bonly qussiton is: are we, is the the US willing to wage a major war over Taiwan, yes or no. If the answer is yes, the outocme is open at best., If the answer is no, China will sooner or later gain a major tool to take hostage the world economy and we will deopend on them as much as Germany now depends on Russian gas.

That is unacceptable, and nhats why I think war is inevitable. Question is whether the US sees it this way, too. I have doubts.

Often things are not complicated at all - but it takes man some more time to admit he already realised the unwelcomed consequences. That what all the weaseling and indifference is about. They call that optimism. I call it brain damage that increases the costs.
Old 08-08-22, 06:45 AM   #288
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
There is no need to "interpret" anything. The writing is on the wall, in bold capital letters, and best advise is to take them by their word. They mean what they say.

The bonly qussiton is: are we, is the the US willing to wage a major war over Taiwan, yes or no. If the answer is yes, the outocme is open at best., If the answer is no, China will sooner or later gain a major tool to take hostage the world economy and we will deopend on them as much as Germany now depends on Russian gas.

That is unacceptable, and nhats why I think war is inevitable. Question is whether the US sees it this way, too. I have doubts.

Often things are not complicated at all - but it takes man some more time to admit he already realised the unwelcomed consequences. That what all the weaseling and indifference is about. They call that optimism. I call it brain damage that increases the costs.
As I understand what he said in this interview is that China's main goal is to take over Taiwan in peaceful steps, but they are not afraid to use force even if it means war with USA and WWIII(Which in fact started when Russia invaded Ukraine-That's another story in another thread)

The problem here is that Taiwan aren't interested in being a part of China not now and not later.

Markus

Old 08-08-22, 06:59 AM   #289
Skybird
Soaring

The funny part is that just a few decades ago, the roles were reverse. It were Taiwan's Chiang Kai-Shek who claimed all of China for Taiwan.

China'S Xi nowadays does away with the old icon o the Communist reovlution in China, Mao, who had installed the rule that no leader shall ever have more than two terms at the helmn of the state. He not only wants a third term - he wants it for life, and an inherited transfer of power to members of his family. If you are optimistic you can call this an imperial dynasty order. If you are realistic, you call it what Russia also is: a mobster's personal enrichment Mafia paradise with an attached slaughterhouse and brain surgery center for disagreeable ethnic groups.
Old 08-08-22, 07:00 AM   #290
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

So, in response to Pelosi's visit, China is holding military exercises that literally surround the island...wouldn't it be something if the exercises suddenly turned into the real thing?
Old 08-08-22, 07:43 AM   #291
Skybird
Soaring

It could very well turn into a lasting blockad, which it de facto almost already is. If I recall it corretcly we have had than two deacdes ago or, an dit lasted for months. But my memory is no certain there.

Right now it also is about exhausting the Taiwanese servicemen, namely their fighter pilots. The must run multiple times as many launches than their continental foes who enjoy the luxury of much higher numbers and regeneration inbetween.

Psycho games. And they do cost mental and physical power, it is inevitable.
Old 08-08-22, 12:59 PM   #292
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Do you agree in this analysis ?

Quote:
China's military exercises show Beijing doesn't need to invade Taiwan to control it -- rather it can strangle the self-ruled island, cutting it off from the outside world, Chinese and American analysts say.
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/08/a...-ml/index.html

Markus

Old 08-08-22, 01:27 PM   #293
Skybird
Soaring

Its a realistic view.
Old 08-08-22, 01:36 PM   #294
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
So, in response to Pelosi's visit, China is holding military exercises that literally surround the island...wouldn't it be something if the exercises suddenly turned into the real thing?
And oh so funnily enough they have announced said exercises will last for a month. Plenty of time to amass whatever they feel appropriate imho.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 01:07 AM   #295
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
You, like everybody else, will not be able to afford not caring for the outcome of the Taiwan war.
And beside the global importance of their semiconductor industry, here are 23 million people who have any right a naturally born human can have to decide all by themselves whether they want to be enslaved and owned by the slaveholder party of the chinese emperor. And that free decision trumps all the historical mumbo jumbo. Like I said before about Catalonia, Basques, the Irish and Scots, anyone: the population living in the region is no property of others, and if they say they want not to be governed by a foreign distant regime, tbat rdgime has already run out of valid arguments and has no moral right whatever to subjugate this population to its will.

The relevance of taiwan dwarfens the role of russian gas for europe, easily.
So when can we expect the German Navy to show up?
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 01:28 AM   #296
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Ukraine war also started with manouvers.

Nothing is certain these says anymore. And the Chinese look more and more irrational to me. Like all all fanatics.

Everything needs to be expected. For Taiwans pilots, the constNt alarms must be exhausting. And china effectively is in a position to blockade the island.
Where is the German Navy and the German Army and Air Force.If you can't put steel and human bodies in large numbers.Then maybe you should set back with zippered lips.And let the American Democrat Party of retirees start and run the wars.

Last edited by Gorpet; 08-09-22 at 01:34 AM. Reason: After all you got what you wanted.The Orange Man is gone.
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 07:50 AM   #297
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

US politician Nancy Pelosi's visit has set off fresh tensions between self-ruled Taiwan and China, which claims the island as part of its territory. BBC correspondents weigh in on the significance of China's main response - its live-fire military drills around the island - and how the two sides see them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/62460809

Old 08-11-22, 07:43 AM   #298
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

China says it has completed nearly a week of military drills around Taiwan following a visit to the self-governing island by US politician Nancy Pelosi.

Sea and air operations were successful, said China's military, which vowed to keep patrolling the Taiwan Strait.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-62492350

Old 08-14-22, 06:06 AM   #299
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

If someone should be interested.

https://english.news.cn/20220810/df9...99bf64a/c.html

Markus

Old 08-14-22, 06:47 AM   #300
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

I'm not.
"People's Republic" is already a lie.
Case closed.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote