SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-01-24, 12:56 AM   #5776
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Downloads: 743
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
We have been looking for similar for FotRSU, along with a minefield map, showing Japanese mines in various areas. Surely the devs had some information to use for their files? One aspect I am reasonably certain of is that they did NOT put as many guns as the Japanese used in some areas, since that would have been a LOT of work. However, they did compensate by making each gun extremely accurate, to Superman proportions... lol - they can take a sub out with 2 hits in 4 shots from 9600 yards rather easily. - the error angle has to be adjusted, but then they shoot all about the place...

================================================== ==
I agree with you! I have an opinion that the developers in these matters simply relied on the Internet: OK Google.
Therefore, I introduced coastal fortifications as a site with many firing barrels. Even if these "trunks" do not look so historical.

Согласен с Вами! У меня мнение что разработчики в этих вопросах просто полагались на интернет: ОК Гугл.
Поэтому я ввел береговые укрепления как участок с множеством стреляющих стволов. Даже если эти "стволы" не столь исторично выглядят.
LUKNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-24, 02:21 PM   #5777
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Default Medals mixup

hey PB,

how do i fix this?

i tried a couple of edits but they did not work.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\FOTRSU\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8
101_FotRSUv18_FixPak
200 Nihon Kaigun v1.3_FotRSU
300 Nippon_Maru_v1.9b_FotRSU
310 Combined Roster
399_NoScrollNavMap
410_Strategic_Map_Symbols
600 - 3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)
999 Flotillas Fix for Argo&Nautilus

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-24, 04:51 PM   #5778
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

What problem? The order of the medals in the list? It's alphabetical, and if it is fixable, it would be menu_1024_768.ini issue for the display of the page, but I'm not certain if you can change the game's "order" of things... but yeah, Bronze Star, Silver Star, Navy Cross, CMOH. The medals are awarded in the proper order, as far as points go, with the CMOH nearly impossible to get (theoretically). Your mod list looks fine.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-24, 10:58 PM   #5779
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Tell me, I have a question. Why did you make the speed of the Mk-18 torpedo 33 knots in fashion? Why put paired 40 mm Bofors: they significantly affected the stability of the boat, especially when diving/surfacing, and how correctly do I know they were not put?

================================================

Подскажите, у меня вопрос. Почему в моде вы сделали скорость торпеды Мк-18 - 33 уз? Зачем ставите спаренные 40 мм Бофорс: они значительно влияли на остойчивость лодки, особенно при погружении/всплытии, и насколько верно я знаю их не ставили?
Old 01-14-24, 09:10 AM   #5780
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUKNER View Post
Tell me, I have a question. Why did you make the speed of the Mk-18 torpedo 33 knots in fashion? Why put paired 40 mm Bofors: they significantly affected the stability of the boat, especially when diving/surfacing, and how correctly do I know they were not put?

================================================

Подскажите, у меня вопрос. Почему в моде вы сделали скорость торпеды Мк-18 - 33 уз? Зачем ставите спаренные 40 мм Бофорс: они значительно влияли на остойчивость лодки, особенно при погружении/всплытии, и насколько верно я знаю их не ставили?
I do not recall the reasoning of using 33knots as opposed to using the 29knot figure... It might have been for better targeting, but I cannot remember. It seems to me though, that there was a problem with the game properly allowing for the sub-30knot torpedo speed and players missing quite often, which would have been similar to what the actual WW2 skippers encountered... They had to do extra math since the TDC initially did not properly track targets using the 29knot speed of the Mark 18... ??

As for the twin barrel 40mm, many players complained several years back about not getting the guns, even though they were in the game's files, so they were added to come in automatically, and the same with the twin barrel 20mm. However, neither gun works correctly in SH4 anyway, and most boats did not bother with the twin 20mm, and I have not seen any pictures of the 40mm twin being used on any boats, so the next version does not automatically give the player those guns, but will offer them as an expensive "upgrade". Some of the boats will not have a 40mm available for the front platform, since some of those platforms on the earlier boats could not support the weight.

Old 01-14-24, 09:24 AM   #5781
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Quote:
I do not recall the reasoning of using 33knots as opposed to using the 29knot figure... It might have been for better targeting, but I cannot remember. It seems to me though, that there was a problem with the game properly allowing for the sub-30knot torpedo speed and players missing quite often, which would have been similar to what the actual WW2 skippers encountered... They had to do extra math since the TDC initially did not properly track targets using the 29knot speed of the Mark 18... ??

I didn't understand a thing. Obviously, my translator is completely bad.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ничего не понял. Очевидно переводчик мой совсем плохой.
Old 01-14-24, 09:29 AM   #5782
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Quote:

As for the twin barrel 40mm, many players complained several years back about not getting the guns, even though they were in the game's files, so they were added to come in automatically, and the same with the twin barrel 20mm. However, neither gun works correctly in SH4 anyway, and most boats did not bother with the twin 20mm, and I have not seen any pictures of the 40mm twin being used on any boats, so the next version does not automatically give the player those guns, but will offer them as an expensive "upgrade". Some of the boats will not have a 40mm available for the front platform, since some of those platforms on the earlier boats could not support the weight.

Why follow the lead of a player's wishes? It seems to me that the task of your moderators, of a very high level, is to make the game as historically reliable as possible!
---------------------
Зачем идти на поводу у желаний игрока? Мне кажется задача модеров вашего, очень высокого уровня, сделать игру максимально исторически достоверной!
Old 01-14-24, 01:35 PM   #5783
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
What problem? The order of the medals in the list? It's alphabetical, and if it is fixable, it would be menu_1024_768.ini issue for the display of the page, but I'm not certain if you can change the game's "order" of things... but yeah, Bronze Star, Silver Star, Navy Cross, CMOH. The medals are awarded in the proper order, as far as points go, with the CMOH nearly impossible to get (theoretically). Your mod list looks fine.
yeah, what problem. i should have been more specific.

what i should have posted is that the Asiatic Pacific medal is labeled Bronze Star and Bronze Star is labeled Navy Cross, etc, etc, etc.

how can i "fix" the labels to match the award?

second question, if the answer to the first question is no: how can i mod FOTRSU to retreat back to Stock medals?

Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-24, 08:53 PM   #5784
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
yeah, what problem. i should have been more specific.

what i should have posted is that the Asiatic Pacific medal is labeled Bronze Star and Bronze Star is labeled Navy Cross, etc, etc, etc.

how can i "fix" the labels to match the award?

second question, if the answer to the first question is no: how can i mod FOTRSU to retreat back to Stock medals?
That is a function of the Medals.upc below the UPCData folders, and the menu_1024_768.ini, along with the images of the medals. CapnScurvy changed their names to remove a medal, and to "upgrade" the others, then increased the amount of renown needed for awards, all so that the CMOH did not show every "Excellent" patrol. You can copy the Stock games "Medals.upc" file in, and go back, but you'll also have to find the instances in the menu_1024_768.ini file where their dds files are listed, as well as the text used in the menu.txt file. In other words, the Medals.upc is an optical illusion, to fool the game, but some of the screens do not cooperate with this "trick"...

Old 01-14-24, 09:10 PM   #5785
propbeanie

Quote:
I didn't understand a thing. Obviously, my translator is completely bad.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ничего не понял. Очевидно переводчик мой совсем плохой.
I tried to minimize my use of "Americanisms" in my word choices, but apparently failed...

Quote:
Why follow the lead of a player's wishes? It seems to me that the task of your moderators, of a very high level, is to make the game as historically reliable as possible!
---------------------
Зачем идти на поводу у желаний игрока? Мне кажется задача модеров вашего, очень высокого уровня, сделать игру максимально исторически достоверной!
Some players complained, but that is not what determines what the team puts into the mod. Every thing we put in the mod is our choice. We take all user comments under advisement, but make changes based upon what we want. "Historically reliable" is not possible in the game. It is not a true simulator, and not capable. You can get close, but compromises must be made to maintain playability, with as much allowance for realism as we can manage. There are several aspects of SH3, 4 and 5 that are accepted as "realistic", but the equipment and/or technique were never used in the real war. But folks do expect to encounter these fallacies as a matter of course. "To each his own", is a saying here. We put out a modification for the game on a voluntary basis. Anyone can freely use it. There are also small mods included as part of the package that can be added to the modded game, but are not required. If there is an aspect a given player does not like, they are free to modify what was already modified by us, and make it suit their desires. We're going to keep the Mark 18 torpedoes at 33 knots, since they track better at that speed. There are dud torpedo mods included that can alter their reliability. Plus, the sim file is easy enough to edit with Silent3Ditor, to further alter the speed, if desired...

Old 01-15-24, 12:26 AM   #5786
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Quote:
I tried to minimize my use of "Americanisms" in my word choices, but apparently failed...

Some players complained, but that is not what determines what the team puts into the mod. Every thing we put in the mod is our choice. We take all user comments under advisement, but make changes based upon what we want. "Historically reliable" is not possible in the game. It is not a true simulator, and not capable. You can get close, but compromises must be made to maintain playability, with as much allowance for realism as we can manage. There are several aspects of SH3, 4 and 5 that are accepted as "realistic", but the equipment and/or technique were never used in the real war. But folks do expect to encounter these fallacies as a matter of course. "To each his own", is a saying here. We put out a modification for the game on a voluntary basis. Anyone can freely use it. There are also small mods included as part of the package that can be added to the modded game, but are not required. If there is an aspect a given player does not like, they are free to modify what was already modified by us, and make it suit their desires. We're going to keep the Mark 18 torpedoes at 33 knots, since they track better at that speed. There are dud torpedo mods included that can alter their reliability. Plus, the sim file is easy enough to edit with Silent3Ditor, to further alter the speed, if desired...

Как говориться: у каждого художника свои фломастеры!
--------------------------------------------------------
How to say: each artist has his own colors!
Old 01-16-24, 10:40 AM   #5787
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Может кто нибудь мне помочь? Я делаю карту с сеткой квадратов, но не могу понять некоторые надписи, и разобраться с датами нарезки квадратов. То что именовалось под цифровыми значениями, я понимаю появилось с начала войны, а то что имело названия словами, уже в процессе войны. Хотелось бы узнать с какой даты. И есть ли у кого точная сетка квадратов с четкими надписями?
Can someone help me? I make a map with a grid of squares, but I can't understand some of the inscriptions, and deal with the dates of cutting squares. What was called by digital meanings, I understand appeared from the beginning of the war, and what had names in words, already in the process of war. I would like to know from what date. And does anyone have an accurate grid of squares with clear inscriptions?
Old 01-16-24, 03:30 PM   #5788
propbeanie

Quote:
Как говориться: у каждого художника свои фломастеры!
--------------------------------------------------------
How to say: each artist has his own colors!
Yes! That is another way to say that!

Quote:
{video}

Может кто нибудь мне помочь? Я делаю карту с сеткой квадратов, но не могу понять некоторые надписи, и разобраться с датами нарезки квадратов. То что именовалось под цифровыми значениями, я понимаю появилось с начала войны, а то что имело названия словами, уже в процессе войны. Хотелось бы узнать с какой даты. И есть ли у кого точная сетка квадратов с четкими надписями?
Can someone help me? I make a map with a grid of squares, but I can't understand some of the inscriptions, and deal with the dates of cutting squares. What was called by digital meanings, I understand appeared from the beginning of the war, and what had names in words, already in the process of war. I would like to know from what date. And does anyone have an accurate grid of squares with clear inscriptions?
If you are referring to the "Corridor" and "Corridor II", etcetera, those refer to name that the US submariners at Pearl Harbor referred to certain areas as a "code name" for a given area. I do not have any documentation, but most of what I have read on the subject possibly refers to an early 1943 time period for those. There is a way to "date" their appearances if using a MapLocation:

That's the "Vestibule", and its MapLocation dialog (menu "Tools", "MapLocation edit mode"). The larger names for islands and seas are done the same way, with image files from the "...\Data \Terrain \LocationMaps" folder.

Old 01-16-24, 06:39 PM   #5789
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Quote:
That's the "Vestibule", and its MapLocation dialog (menu "Tools", "MapLocation edit mode"). The larger names for islands and seas are done the same way, with image files from the "...\Data \Terrain \LocationMaps" folder.

Я знаю как работать в редакторе игры.

Я спрашивал о другом. Но вы подтвердили мои предположения. Для вас, историческая справка:

С 15 марта 1943 года в действие была введена новая, номерная система обозначения флотов. Флот южной части Тихого океана реорганизовали в 3-й флот во главе с адмиралом Вильямом Хэлси, флот центральной части Тихого океана - в 5-й флот во главе с вице-адмиралом Раймондом Спрюэнсом, флот юго-западной части Тихого океана - в 7-й флот во главе с вице-адмиралом Карпентнером. Для оперативного взаимодействия и безопасности при соприкосновении в боевой деятельности между союзниками и различными подразделениями родов войск на Тихом океане весь театр боевых действий был размечен на оперативные зоны.
С этой даты и появились я думаю квадраты Ablaze, Convoy College, или Fish Pond.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I know how to work in the game editor.

I was asking about something else. But you confirmed my assumptions. For you, historical reference:
On March 15, 1943, a new, numbered fleet designation system was put into effect. The South Pacific Fleet was reorganized into the 3rd Fleet led by Admiral William Halsey, the Central Pacific Fleet into the 5th Fleet led by Vice Admiral Raymond Spruance, and the Southwest Pacific Fleet into the 7th Fleet led by Vice Admiral Carpentner. For operational interaction and security in contact with combat activities between the Allies and various units of the military branches in the Pacific Ocean, the entire theater of operations was marked into operational zones.
From that date and came I think squares Ablaze, Convoy College, or Fish Pond.
Old 01-17-24, 03:51 AM   #5790
LUKNER
Torpedoman

579561.jpg

Мне кажется более похожим на настоящий такой вид всплеска от взрыва.

Подскажите как добавить к текстуре взрыва, опадающие облака дыма и разлетающиеся осколки?

------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems to me more like a real kind of burst from an explosion.

Tell me how to add to the texture of the explosion, falling clouds of smoke and flying fragments?