SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-20-11, 06:25 AM   #16
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halface View Post

meh i just started a new one without this mod .....hmmmmmmmmmmm
Just start a new campaign . The way its going i will take longer to get thru the war years in SH5 than the actual war took in real time .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-11, 06:35 AM   #17
Halface
Bosun

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 0

haahha your saying something there Sober ...but i meh another time ti get into scapa and sink thoose ship etc etc...but i will...start another then and check out your crew thingy :-)

ok started a new ....but i dont get the option to see what % they are on

Last edited by Halface; 10-20-11 at 06:55 AM.
Halface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-11, 07:31 AM   #18
Halface
Bosun

Old 10-20-11, 03:20 PM   #19
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Look for the folder inside a folder called mods , thats the one to put into jsgme .
Old 10-20-11, 04:33 PM   #20
Halface
Bosun

that did the trick thanks sober
Old 10-30-11, 06:10 PM   #21
Jacke
Mate

Downloads: 62

Following your tutorial on how to start a campaign, I take it we follow your instructions to change the HasCompletedTutorial flag to true (which it is as I've run the tutorial). After that, install mods, start SH5, and start a new campaign which will skip the tutorial.
Jacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-11, 06:18 PM   #22
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svart View Post
Following your tutorial on how to start a campaign, I take it we follow your instructions to change the HasCompletedTutorial flag to true (which it is as I've run the tutorial). After that, install mods, start SH5, and start a new campaign which will skip the tutorial.
Yes , and if using open horizons when you start the campaign and enter the bunker hit esc key and reload the save game that was just made .
Old 10-31-11, 10:21 PM   #23
Jacke
Mate

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Yes , and if using open horizons when you start the campaign and enter the bunker hit esc key and reload the save game that was just made .
sober, looking at your mods list I see you run both your SAS special abilities simplified and this sobers green crew training together. What's your experience running one, the other, or both compared to what it's like without them (but with avee's No magic skills and Athlonic's Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC, both included in Magnum Opus)?
Jacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-11, 10:28 PM   #24
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svart View Post
sober, looking at your mods list I see you run both your SAS special abilities simplified and this sobers green crew training together. What's your experience running one, the other, or both compared to what it's like without them (but with avee's No magic skills and Athlonic's Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC, both included in Magnum Opus)?
No magic skills is good . Its just that i wanted to simplify it . I can maintain the diesels to get some extra speed . Same with the electric engines . The main thing is the cook can look after the crew from the start of the campaign because SAS is not points based . Its simple and easy to use .
Old 11-06-11, 07:25 PM   #25
thbeulen
Swabbie

Downloads: 179
Default I guess I´m stupid

Hallo fellows,

at first nice job sober with that mod. You did what I want for a long time. A working ranking system.
So I tweak your mod a little bit to my favour, because I want a Funkobergefreiter were he belongs and so on. But after I gave every one the German Ranks to what they belong ( Officers, NCO and Seaman) I startet a new carrer. While all of the crew have a level 1 Rank everything was fine, but after they all get to level 2, they all become a Oberleutnant zur See (Lieutnant/Trained 58%). So I took a look in the save games. For example the Radioman Wolfgang Raabe has a rank ID called " JR-NCO-Rank-1-Radio" (RANK 371) after reaching 250 XP he has to change into a rank ID called "JR-NCO-Rank-2" (Rank 372). But looking into the save games his rank id was "Captain-Rank-2"(Rank 394). Not the radiooperator alone, every single crewmember switched to that rank. So because I thought that I did something wrong as I changed the Names to my favour, I took your vanilla mod with names called Trained 56% and so on. I started a brand new career, deleting all other careers. At first every things were fine. Every crewmember has its own ran id system in level 1 "Trained 56%. After a while I could read that all of my crewmembers were "Trained 58%. Yippie. I saved, quit game, get to the save games and guess what. Every single crewmembers was "Trained 58% but every single crewmember has a rank id called "captain-rank-2". Is there any one who can explain me why that did not stay in their own rank id system. I´m going nuts
Old 11-06-11, 07:27 PM   #26
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbeulen View Post
Is there any one who can explain me why that did not stay in their own rank id system. I´m going nuts
piss poor quality control and lack of BETA testing before releasing the game for sale to public
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-11, 07:38 PM   #27
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Thats why i went away from the ranking system , its useless .
Old 11-07-11, 06:47 AM   #28
thbeulen
Swabbie

Oh thanks to the mighty Neptun. It´s not me who is going to be insane. Cheers to the dev´s and the quality control people. Btw thank you for your quick response
Old 11-10-11, 10:39 AM   #29
EAF274 Johan
Ensign

Downloads: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbeulen View Post
Hallo fellows,

at first nice job sober with that mod. You did what I want for a long time. A working ranking system.
So I tweak your mod a little bit to my favour, because I want a Funkobergefreiter were he belongs and so on. But after I gave every one the German Ranks to what they belong ( Officers, NCO and Seaman) I startet a new carrer. While all of the crew have a level 1 Rank everything was fine, but after they all get to level 2, they all become a Oberleutnant zur See (Lieutnant/Trained 58%). So I took a look in the save games. For example the Radioman Wolfgang Raabe has a rank ID called " JR-NCO-Rank-1-Radio" (RANK 371) after reaching 250 XP he has to change into a rank ID called "JR-NCO-Rank-2" (Rank 372). But looking into the save games his rank id was "Captain-Rank-2"(Rank 394). Not the radiooperator alone, every single crewmember switched to that rank. So because I thought that I did something wrong as I changed the Names to my favour, I took your vanilla mod with names called Trained 56% and so on. I started a brand new career, deleting all other careers. At first every things were fine. Every crewmember has its own ran id system in level 1 "Trained 56%. After a while I could read that all of my crewmembers were "Trained 58%. Yippie. I saved, quit game, get to the save games and guess what. Every single crewmembers was "Trained 58% but every single crewmember has a rank id called "captain-rank-2". Is there any one who can explain me why that did not stay in their own rank id system. I´m going nuts
This is what I did: set the value LevelUp=Base for all non-player ranks, and LevelUp=Restricted for ranks of Oberleutnant and upwards. I also set my own rank as Kapitänleutnant before my first patrol in the campaign files.

After 4 patrols I have become Korvettenkapitän and all of my crew is still at their starting rank. I believe (not sure?) this effectively makes it impossble to promote crew, but that's a price I am willing to pay.
Old 11-12-11, 10:55 AM   #30
thbeulen
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAF274 Johan View Post
This is what I did: set the value LevelUp=Base for all non-player ranks, and LevelUp=Restricted for ranks of Oberleutnant and upwards. I also set my own rank as Kapitänleutnant before my first patrol in the campaign files.

After 4 patrols I have become Korvettenkapitän and all of my crew is still at their starting rank. I believe (not sure?) this effectively makes it impossble to promote crew, but that's a price I am willing to pay.
Thank you EAF274 Johan,

I´ll give that a try but to be honest it`s not what I want.