SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-28-13, 12:52 PM   #76
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Uploads: 0

which DynEnv submods have you enabled? From your description, looks like I have added sobers see thru wake fix to one of them by mistake [/QUOTE]

That's gotta' be it. I specifically use most of those mods of Sober's listed anyway, so I plopped that folder in for sure. That wake mod might not be working correctly or one of my other mods might be killing it. If you could take that one out if it's not needed, maybe that's the problem. Also, since I'm writing, I noticed that the water surface (on booting up) was almost lake like. Almost no foam. Is that the Clear Water folder doing that? I like the sea to look very foamy, almost messy like. That's one thing I was going to try to tweek in (or out). I really loved the definition though, this has changed the atmosphere of the boat, sea and sky. I can see that it's going to be very cool once I can get it arranged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothersome View Post
Dogfish, I had seen that once about a month ago playing around with mods. Check to see if you flags are still waving. My flags weren't waving either once when I saw that.
With the mods that I have listed above, everything seems to be working ok now.

Hi Bothersome,
Very Good. between Gap's message and yours I can breathe easier. I know it's gonna' go away.

Last night I did manage to see a lot of rain. I was in April 1941 around the gulf south of spain. Looked quite like a hurricane to me. Waves were very tall. Boat was completely submerging into a wave and almost coming complete out of the valley. It did look a bit silly to see a tug boat getting more air time than a dirt bike. Wind speeds were 15 starting out, with thunderstorms and heavy rain. Then later it slowed to 13. But the rain and wind lasted till I got back to home base. My TC is usually at most 128 but last night I put up to 512 trying to get past the bad weather. That didn't help much, only slowed the wind down to 13.

I do notice the waves look a lot more real now for some reason. Good job Gap.
Yeahhhh!! Gimmee dat rain. I do hope I see some more. It's just not right being on the ocean so long and there's no rain or storms. The Storms in the game are quite good too! I love seeing the lightning coming from all directions...
Old 02-28-13, 02:14 PM   #77
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Last night I did manage to see a lot of rain. I was in April 1941 around the gulf south of spain. Looked quite like a hurricane to me. Waves were very tall. Boat was completely submerging into a wave and almost coming complete out of the valley. It did look a bit silly to see a tug boat getting more air time than a dirt bike. Wind speeds were 15 starting out, with thunderstorms and heavy rain. Then later it slowed to 13. But the rain and wind lasted till I got back to home base. My TC is usually at most 128 but last night I put up to 512 trying to get past the bad weather. That didn't help much, only slowed the wind down to 13.
Thank you for your nice report, Bothersome, it felt like being there, in the middle of the storm!

Quote:
I do notice the waves look a lot more real now for some reason. Good job Gap.
Don't congratulate with me. I cannot stress enough that this is a community mod; personally, I haven't ever touched wave paramenters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
Yeahhhh!! Gimmee dat rain. I do hope I see some more. It's just not right being on the ocean so long and there's no rain or storms. The Storms in the game are quite good too! I love seeing the lightning coming from all directions...
Anyone else wanting to give his opinion on the DynEnv/rain probability topic started by Dogfish?
Has anyone of you noticed a decrease of rain occurrence after having installed this mod

Quote:
That's gotta' be it.
Okay, I have found the problem.
As I was supposing, the culprit is Sobers Best Ever Tweaks submod. Easy to get rid of the glitch:

disable the mod, delete the data/Shaders/Wakes folder, and enable the mod again

Sorry for the inconvenience guys. I knew I was going to mess something up
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-13, 03:47 PM   #78
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

Okay, I have found the problem.
As I was supposing, the culprit is Sobers Best Ever Tweaks submod. Easy to get rid of the glitch:

disable the mod, delete the data/Shaders/Wakes folder, and enable the mod again

Sorry for the inconvenience guys. I knew I was going to mess something up
Apologies not needed my friend, you are doing what I wish I could. My best attempt at a mod is called "no farts", that's not going to make me famous
You didn't mess anything up and there is no inconvenience. Seriously, you can't see everything, we're just helping you test it out.

D40
Old 02-28-13, 03:52 PM   #79
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Apologies not needed my friend, you are doing what I wish I could. My best attempt at a mod is called "no farts", that's not going to make me famous
Old 02-28-13, 10:36 PM   #80
Bothersome
Planesman

Downloads: 64

Just out of curiosity, would it be an easy thing to remove the underwater waving of the image? Blurry vision is a little more believable, but the images waving back and forth is kind of out of some cartoon you might see on TV. Just because it's water, doesn't make the image wave when you are under water. Only when you are looking into water from a wavy surface would the image wave about.

Blurring is even a bit a stretch, unless you are looking through eyes not made for water viewing, like human eyes. But assuming the camara is tuned for water (when underwater) it should fade out from fog but not blur. And waving about is definately science fiction.

Just trying to make it better. Not complaining just offering a little constructive advice.

By the way, if you have to insert a spy, you might need to save and reload to get the launch boat pop-up to happen. It might be part of OHII though.
Bothersome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 02:21 AM   #81
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
By the way, if you have to insert a spy, you might need to save and reload to get the launch boat pop-up to happen. It might be part of OHII though.
Offtopic:
Not always.. sometimes.. but you're right, it's wrong place to mention this..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 12:10 PM   #82
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, would it be an easy thing to remove the underwater waving of the image?
yes, you can enable the Enhanced Visibility (high) optional mod or, if you don't want fog distances and other parameters to be affected, you can create a simple no uderwater fx patch.

The file you need to edit is data/Filters/Underwater.pfx. Open it with notepad, and set the 'Intensity' parameter to 0.000
Old 03-02-13, 11:37 AM   #83
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Default Attack Scope glitch-

Found a little thing with the attack scope. I'm using the following folders in order;
  1. 1.Main
  2. 4.bCamera Filters-Vivid
  3. 10II Seafloor
  4. 11.a.II Sea plants
  5. 3.b Enhanced Visibility
  6. 8.b Wave Mech-Gale
I've got the sound folder installed later.
The problem- When I raise the attack scope, before the scope breaks the surface of the water, the screen is bright white with intermittent graphic lines like the picture is trying to show something but most of the screen is just bright white.
As soon as the scope clears the water, the picture becomes fine.
The Observation scope does not do this.
Just wanted to know if you can repeat this or not. It might be my card, but it's worked so well so far.
Everything else with this set seems to work and look fine.
Thanks
D40
Old 03-02-13, 12:34 PM   #84
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Found a little thing with the attack scope.
Try disabling the Enhanced Visibility and/or the Wave submod, and see if anything changes please.

I also recommend you to enable DynEnv's submods in the same order suggested by their progressive numbers
Old 03-02-13, 01:23 PM   #85
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Try disabling the Enhanced Visibility and/or the Wave submod, and see if anything changes please.

I also recommend you to enable DynEnv's submods in the same order suggested by their progressive numbers
Hi Gap,
Now there's something I didn't know. So, it's better if I place these mod folders in numerical order?! I always tried to guess the best way they would overwrite each other.
OK! One other thing, was the Sober file fixed (the wake) yet? I'll go ahead and Re-Download if it is.
Everything otherwise is excellent my friend. The basemod folder has all the seafoam, the underwater effects are just great. I am wondering if I can use The atlantic kelpbeds and coral reefs at the same time.
Danke mein Freund

Old 03-02-13, 01:45 PM   #86
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Hi Gap,
Now there's something I didn't know. So, it's better if I place these mod folders in numerical order?! I always tried to guess the best way they would overwrite each other.
In most cases submods order won't matter, in some other cases, yes. If you want to be sure not make mistakes, just follow the numerical order.

Quote:
OK! One other thing, was the Sober file fixed (the wake) yet? I'll go ahead and Re-Download if it is.
No, it is not. You can fix yourself the problem by following the method suggested by me a few posts back (just delete the data/Shaders/Wakes folder in DynEnv v2.9 - 9. Sobers Best Ever Tweaks, before you enable it

Quote:
Everything otherwise is excellent my friend. The basemod folder has all the seafoam, the underwater effects are just great. I am wondering if I can use The atlantic kelpbeds and coral reefs at the same time.
Danke mein Freund
No, unfortunately not; submods with the same progressive number are alternative (they are overwriting each other): unlike trees, terrain etc, there's no way to set different seaplant textures to work at the same time for different climatic zones. Nonetheless, you can switch among them any time, even in mid patrol
Old 03-03-13, 01:59 AM   #87
Bothersome
Planesman

Downloads: 64

Quote:
yes, you can enable the Enhanced Visibility (high) optional mod or, if you don't want fog distances and other parameters to be affected, you can create a simple no uderwater fx patch.

The file you need to edit is data/Filters/Underwater.pfx. Open it with notepad, and set the 'Intensity' parameter to 0.000
Unfortunately, this didn't work too well. Adding that option mod in causes the graphics to get really screwed when camera goes under water. Like big blocks of vision with everything else grey. Blocks were about 1cm squared each. Removing the option puts things back OK.

Had one crash to DT when a airplane was sighted.

But on another note, is it normal to have 15m/s winds with very high waves 90% of the time with medium fog 90% of the time?

That seems to be what I'm getting most all the time now. Time of year is May and June... Area is atlantic mostly west of Gibralter. In the Gulf of Gadiz and north and south of there.
Bothersome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-13, 04:47 AM   #88
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Unfortunately, this didn't work too well. Adding that option mod in causes the graphics to get really screwed when camera goes under water. Like big blocks of vision with everything else grey. Blocks were about 1cm squared each. Removing the option puts things back OK.
I hope you are talking about the custom patch I suggested you to create, and not about the Enhanced Visibility (high) optional mod contained in DynEnv v 2.9 pack.

If so, change the 'Intensity' parameter of your self-made patch to 0.001 for very faint underwater FX (remember to disable it before you make your changes ), or enable the following patch after DynEnv Main Mod and Enhanced Visibility (medium), if you are using it:

DynEnv v2.9 - No Underwater FX Patch

Quote:
Had one crash to DT when a airplane was sighted.
Probably not related to Dynamic Environment

Quote:
But on another note, is it normal to have 15m/s winds with very high waves 90% of the time with medium fog 90% of the time?

That seems to be what I'm getting most all the time now. Time of year is May and June... Area is atlantic mostly west of Gibralter. In the Gulf of Gadiz and north and south of there.
No, this is not normal. Can you please draw your approximate position on the following map?

Old 03-03-13, 05:18 AM   #89
gap
Navy Seal

On the topic of rain probability, started by Dogfish40, it just occurred to me that wind speed might be a factor affecting precipitations occurrence.

It that was true, the limited wind speed ranges introduced by DynEnv could reduce or zero their chance for some areas/seasons.

I will investigate
Old 03-03-13, 01:09 PM   #90
garren
In the Brig

Downloads: 62

I'm using Sobers mega mod so I'm not using all of the submods in this currently. My problem is that when I use the external cam sea weed and kelp are stretched like 50 meters tall. I think this is a vanilla issue if I recall. Also, when I go put my sub on the seafloor it looks like it's still 10 meters off the bottom. I remember when I used The Dark Wraiths custom patcher I selected something that would let me bottom my uboat. Doesn't seem to be working. I hover 10 meters or so above the sea floor and my uboat takes damage even just sitting a 0 knots...
garren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
climate, dynamic environment, environment, environmental mod, fog, weather