SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-21, 01:07 PM   #11
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
I've tried to convert one of your ship today, but I can't open GR2 files... What software do you use to edit those files ?
TDW's GR2Editor. You can use it to export from GR2 to .obj and vice versa. If this won't work for you, I can export directly to .obj from Blender for you.

Quote:
Another question : do you model the hull of your ships with their original lines plans, or do you use only side and top views ?
Whatever I can lay my hands on. Lines plans are of course the best, but in case they are not available hull shape can sometimes be approximated using general arrangement plans, especially if they include several decks (you can then use deck views as "lines" of sort).

Quote:
Else, it seems some nations are missing in roster (Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, etc.), because you've written some textures availability for these countries in your Countries availability table.pdf. Maybe these data are for TWOS and not vanilla ?
Vanilla SH5 only has limited selection of nations, TWoS (or to be specific OHII which is included in TWoS) added many more. Roster file in stock version of my mod does not include these nations (but I was too lazy to make separate table, sorry )
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote