SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-05-22, 08:14 AM   #106
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazaka View Post
Hi,

I have just installed the mod and started a game.

Small question, what is this pink rectangle and the grey lines that cross it?

thank you
The pink line shows minefield locations. The grey dashed lines show safe passage through them. So If you want to cross the minefield safely follow the dashed lines. These dashed lines are only for friendly minefields.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 08:29 AM   #107
nazaka
A-ganger

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

ok, thanks

I imagine that other mine areas will be added as the war goes on

I love it
nazaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-22, 09:07 AM   #108
Niume
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazaka View Post
ok, thanks

I imagine that other mine areas will be added as the war goes on

I love it
Yes.
If you are interested you can join discord server. I will soon launch a BETA patch for people to test out new features of the patch.

Discord link
https://discord.gg/8KDHFjGC

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 02-08-22, 07:42 AM   #109
Tinman
Swabbie

Downloads: 30
Support

Hello, Niume!
Just stumbled across this mod, downloaded and installed. I got into SH4 only recently so I'm a bit lost as to why the game would not start, at all. Tried some compatibility options but no success...
I'd be grateuful for any help and sorry if this has been asked before...
Regards, Jure
Old 02-08-22, 11:40 AM   #110
Niume
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Hello, Niume!
Just stumbled across this mod, downloaded and installed. I got into SH4 only recently so I'm a bit lost as to why the game would not start, at all. Tried some compatibility options but no success...
I'd be grateuful for any help and sorry if this has been asked before...
Regards, Jure
Hi, did you installed the mod into separate folder from your existing SH4 folder? The modpack doesn't need base game. It has everything included. So just point the installer where you want it to be for example

D:\KSDII_Ace_Edition

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 02-08-22, 12:51 PM   #111
Tinman
Swabbie

Support

Hello, thanks for a quick reply.
Yes, I installed into c:\KSD... to avoid program files folder.
I also ran large adress aware and patched sh4.exe, also gave admin permissions as one knowlegeable member suggested a couple posts back..
Klicking on sh4.exe should start the game, but nothing happens. Can't even say I have a CTD as the game doesn't start at all.
Any help would be appreciated
Regards, Jure
Old 02-08-22, 01:03 PM   #112
Dieselglock
Wolf of the deep

Downloads: 560

Quote:
I also ran large adress aware and patched sh4.exe, also gave admin permissions as one knowlegeable member suggested a couple posts back..
Klicking on sh4.exe should start the game, but nothing happens. Can't even say I have a CTD as the game doesn't start at all.
Regards, Jure

Hello,

Just installed this mod a couple of days ago and all is fine. Did you delete or rename your SH4 documents folder using MultiSh4 depending if you are running this mod stand alone or more than one SH4 install.

NYGM STEEL COFFIN V5.0 / CCOM12 FIFI / ONEALEX 1.53
Dieselglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 01:28 PM   #113
Niume
Sea Lord

Quote:
Regards, Jure
in Sh4.exe properties compatibility tab check the box which says Disable fullscreen optimizations

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

Old 02-08-22, 01:34 PM   #114
Tinman
Swabbie

Support

@Dieselglock:
I deleted all instances of SH4 in My Documents prior to installing this mod via the installer. Now I ran Multish4 and it made a new KSD folder inside My Docs. Game still does not start...

@Niume:
Yes, did that. Also tried with compatibility (win xp SP2 & 3, Win 7) & admin priviliges. None helps.
Old 02-08-22, 02:05 PM   #115
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
@Dieselglock:
I deleted all instances of SH4 in My Documents prior to installing this mod via the installer. Now I ran Multish4 and it made a new KSD folder inside My Docs. Game still does not start...

@Niume:
Yes, did that. Also tried with compatibility (win xp SP2 & 3, Win 7) & admin priviliges. None helps.
Possibility... that you got a bum or corrupted download... either in the installer download... or a bad breakdown install from the installer. Rare, but... it can happen.

Is obvious, something is not right, as after d/l'ing the installer, unzipping that... then telling it where to install KSD II: Ace, it should be playing... if you followed the layout, I outlined on making sure to not try & install over a virgin copy of SH4 &... of not going default install location of either of Window's "program file" locations...

Is the only thing that I can think of...

Only other thing I can suggest, is... to redownload the installer, then reunzip it. Followed up with running it to set up the game... & follow the outline as before.

Hopefully with this time... will not have gotten a bum download or install from the installer.

Hope this helps...

M. M.
Old 02-08-22, 02:32 PM   #116
Tinman
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Only other thing I can suggest, is... to redownload the installer, then reunzip it. Followed up with running it to set up the game... & follow the outline as before.

Hopefully with this time... will not have gotten a bum download or install from the installer.

Hope this helps...

M. M.
Thank you for your suggestion, I'll try this right away.
Regards, Jure
Old 02-08-22, 04:18 PM   #117
Tinman
Swabbie

Hello again, here I come back from an interesting exercise.
So I tried the suggested and re-downloaded the installer and reinstalled KSD. Did the LAA patch and all the tricks you suggested yet still the exe would not start the game.
Then I remembered, that a stock SH4 would not run for me if not in the official Steam folder. I wanted to have a vanilla SH4 in Steam folder and modded SH4s in other folders. No go. So I tried to install this mod over a stock SH4, rewriting all files and - voila... Game runs. Now off to see if it runs okay past the main menu.
Thank you every one for the help and suggestions
Regards, Jure
Old 02-08-22, 11:56 PM   #118
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Hello again, here I come back from an interesting exercise.
So I tried the suggested and re-downloaded the installer and reinstalled KSD. Did the LAA patch and all the tricks you suggested yet still the exe would not start the game.
Then I remembered, that a stock SH4 would not run for me if not in the official Steam folder. I wanted to have a vanilla SH4 in Steam folder and modded SH4s in other folders. No go. So I tried to install this mod over a stock SH4, rewriting all files and - voila... Game runs. Now off to see if it runs okay past the main menu.
Thank you every one for the help and suggestions
Regards, Jure
It is feasible, to do just that.

1st... reinstall a fresh unmodded copy of SH4... before running, do the suggested items... in the properties of the .exe 1st.

After that is done... allow it to run, to finalize everything there... in \common folder of Steam.

After that is done, then are free & clear, to create a new folder... there in \common (naming that folder \SH-megamods) Do NOT EVER mod this copy or the 1 for SH3 & 5, if you roll with those & want to set up a modded version. This copy, will be your 'GOLD' standard virgin copy...

In that new folder, (\SH-megamods) can then create new folders... if you have access to SH3 & 5, as well then do the following: (create the following new folders... in \SH-megamods folder)

\SH3-megamods (in this, place all copies of SH3, in their own named folder accordingly to the mod set you decide to roll with...)

\SH4-megamods (same as with what I mentioned in the SH3 section above...)

\SH5-megamods (see notes from 4, concerning this folder... as this would also apply here, as well. )

With this followed as outlined, can then copy the guts from each SH virgin copy... into the mod named folder in each mega mod folder section... thereby, keeping your virgin copy... as your 'Gold' standard copy, your "go to" copy... to copy from.

After having set up each of these, megamod folders, & in there... creating new folders based on the mod set/s you want to roll with... make sure to follow the outlines, about jsgme & the 4GB patch/LAA work up.

That also includes, working up KSDII: Ace, as well.

Though, is strange that after running the installer for it... that the game, would NOT run... as a standalone install...

Hope with all that info I put out there... that the process didn't leave you puzzled... & found to be... of help.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 02-09-22 at 12:06 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-22, 10:05 AM   #119
Tinman
Swabbie

Thank you for a thorough explanation . For now I'm OK with my working overwriten copy of stock SH4 since it seems to be in good working order. I might however try this in future when need arises.
Regards, Jure
Old 02-09-22, 04:00 PM   #120
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Thank you for a thorough explanation . For now I'm OK with my working overwriten copy of stock SH4 since it seems to be in good working order. I might however try this in future when need arises.
Regards, Jure

No problem... hopefully it shall be useful for any other Steam user... shall have to see of taking a bit of time & pull all the info I've gleaned... & format it into 1, complete, comprehensive package...

Any way... if you run into any issues with following that outline... don't hesitate to hit Me up. Will gladly see of getting it sorted out & back on track.

M. M.

Tags
ksd ii, u-boat