SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-23, 07:49 PM   #1591
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Wow
Its crazy to have life being torn apart like this and go from sipping coffee,drinking some beers,making love etc to war!Putin is an animal and I hope they do him in like Hitler and his goons.Slava Ukraine and good luck and god bless Onealex

That said I don't feel any anger towards someone asking for Russian language update.I know so many Russians that do not support the war and a few actually from Russia.I bet most of the Russian population was against this war.Lets not hate on a people but on the dictators themselves....have we not learned??
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 04:06 AM   #1592
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 588
Uploads: 30

Default GWXOneAlex-Mod 1.53 Oxigen wont replemish

GWXOneAlex-Mod 1.53 Oxygen wont replemish is there a key i press to replemish oxygen or should it do it automaticaly like the batteries recharge ok.
Do I have bad install any help appreciated kind regards blackswan40
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-23, 07:35 AM   #1593
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Hope this is what your looking for

The air in the boat will replenish itself, back to 21% after a few minutes of surfacing.

The "breathable air (O2)" will not. If the Chief Engineer need to add breathable Oyxgen to the boat during a long dives and when the Oxygen drops below 17%, that is not replenishable. I've had to use it from time to time and have never ran short. I use the values set by OneAlex. You can adjust these values via the H.Sie Option selector sliders. located in the SH3 Game Folder / Support folder. I personally like the way OneAlex set these values.

Now if you mean the "Compressed Air" for blowing ballist, that will also replenish itself, but it will take some time.

Hope this helps
Old 06-09-23, 01:34 AM   #1594
Captain Johno
Swabbie

Downloads: 29
Default GWX team suggests you create a ―dummy‖ career

Hi guys,

Getting back into SH3 with the GWX Onealex edition (along with everyone else), after having played GWX back in 2020.

Read through steps to create a "Dummy Career" as mentioned in the GWX manual, under Game Bugs/Saved Games, Page 14 (PDF 27/644)
- "Players who have just one career in stock Silent Hunter III will occasionally find their career has no saved games . . . . . .so the GWX team suggests you create a ―dummy‖ career (e.g., for Leutnant z. S. Fubar) before starting your real career to ensure this does not happen."

GWX OneAlex also makes reference to this on 8/64 ".
-"For the stable operation of the save system, it makes sense to keep a dummy career in which the boat went on one trip and is now in the database. "

So what do I actually do to satisfy the criteria, and how far do I have to go into the mission to initiate this successful Career SAVE?

Select "Default Player" / Accept / New Career /
Select 1939 / 1st Flortille
Mission (Select Map) - Read -"PAtrol Area AO44" - Kiel to Kiel
START

So can I just SAVE & EXIT, after viewing the boat in port. Or do I have to take the boat out to see and leave there, or return to port completing the patrol. Obviously I'll never be returning to use this "Default Player" again, moving on to create my careers through SH3 Commander !

P.S.
I posted here because the GWX (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) forums seems inaccessible at the moment, and searching seemed to only reveal posts from "2007"

Captain Johno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-23, 07:04 AM   #1595
Tigerzhunters
Frogman

Downloads: 96

you need save outside Port Or Result Ctd When you load The Save
Old 06-09-23, 09:02 AM   #1596
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default Re Captain Johno,

Captain Johno, I do the same thing. I create a "dummy" career, never to return to it. I just roll out for a bit and make sure all is working fine. Exit and save, after about 20-30 minutes, regardless of the "Save Game Suggestions". Now I've got one in the data base. I usually name it something like "OneAlex Tester" and leave it there forever. Now for my real or serious careers, I do follow the "SAVE GAME Suggestions" to avoid issues down the road. Trust me on this. I don't think I've ever had a save reload problem. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Doolar; 06-09-23 at 06:12 PM.
Doolar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-23, 01:41 AM   #1597
dr aus
Cadet

Downloads: 1

Hi captains.
Im new here, but write due i have no more concept how to install propertly this mod. I trided a litle user Toyotagt86's mod, wchich is similar, and it work but very very long load. I found onealex mod is much quicker, so i love this,

but i can play only academy.
After start any campign or any mission its crash

APPCRASH
Nazwa aplikacji: sh3.exe
Wersja aplikacji: 1.4.0.1
Sygnatura czasowa aplikacji: 42ae9b3e
Nazwa modułu z błędem: sh3.exe
Wersja modułu z błędem: 1.4.0.1
Sygnatura czasowa modułu z błędem: 42ae9b3e
Kod wyjątku: c0000005
Przesunięcie wyjątku: 000da73d
Wersja systemu operacyjnego: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

I tryied install in two computers with windows7
one with b550 / gtx3070 and both same issue.
Any ideas what is wrong?
dr aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-23, 08:17 AM   #1598
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr aus View Post
Hi captains.
Im new here, but write due i have no more concept how to install propertly this mod. I trided a litle user Toyotagt86's mod, wchich is similar, and it work but very very long load. I found onealex mod is much quicker, so i love this,

but i can play only academy.
After start any campign or any mission its crash

APPCRASH
Nazwa aplikacji: sh3.exe
Wersja aplikacji: 1.4.0.1
Sygnatura czasowa aplikacji: 42ae9b3e
Nazwa modułu z błędem: sh3.exe
Wersja modułu z błędem: 1.4.0.1
Sygnatura czasowa modułu z błędem: 42ae9b3e
Kod wyjątku: c0000005
Przesunięcie wyjątku: 000da73d
Wersja systemu operacyjnego: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

I tryied install in two computers with windows7
one with b550 / gtx3070 and both same issue.
Any ideas what is wrong?
Welcome aboard mate!

Did you install SH3 outside program files(×86)?
Did you apply 4gb patch or LAA?

Put SH3.exe with W7 compatibility (or XP) and administrator privileges.

Use the correct GUI for your display resolution.

If you want a very stable modded SH3 try NYGM Steel Coffins. But I have GWX Onealex and works fine in my W11 PC.

Good hunt!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.

Last edited by fitzcarraldo; 06-11-23 at 05:43 PM.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-23, 02:49 PM   #1599
dr aus
Cadet

Downloads: 1

Dear,
"Did you install SH3 outside program files(×86)?"
I think it no need "install", just unpack to any folder.
And run.

no additional mod via JSGME
I tried many locations,

fisrt location was c:/Users/user/silent hunter 3
automatically set from Ubisoft.
Then i try just replace in this folder Toyota's mod. and its worked

I move folder to d:\ i run unpacked in other folder,
I remove ubi instlation, I tried new folder ubi instalation,
remove again ubi. All same result:
Oryginal works, Toyota works (still), Onealex - only academy.

I remeber i tried also validation, and it was do something, but now, validation not work, it send me message "run as administrator" even if i run as administrator.
dr aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-23, 03:30 PM   #1600
j4ckkn1fe
Swabbie

Downloads: 44

Has anyone managed to get this working on linux? Uboat-game has stopped working for me and have an itch to get back into the old great. I tried running with wine but got immediate errors. I have read so many different things on getting just GWX working on linux that it's a lot of conflicting info and very confusing.
j4ckkn1fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-23, 02:09 AM   #1601
hugolopolus
Cadet

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ckkn1fe View Post
Has anyone managed to get this working on linux? Uboat-game has stopped working for me and have an itch to get back into the old great. I tried running with wine but got immediate errors. I have read so many different things on getting just GWX working on linux that it's a lot of conflicting info and very confusing.

Hiya yeah - im running this on Ubuntu 22 - whats your setup and how you launching it?

Thanks
Hugo
hugolopolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-23, 03:35 PM   #1602
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr aus View Post
Dear,
"Did you install SH3 outside program files(×86)?"
I think it no need "install", just unpack to any folder.
And run.

no additional mod via JSGME
I tried many locations,

fisrt location was c:/Users/user/silent hunter 3
automatically set from Ubisoft.
Then i try just replace in this folder Toyota's mod. and its worked

I move folder to d:\ i run unpacked in other folder,
I remove ubi instlation, I tried new folder ubi instalation,
remove again ubi. All same result:
Oryginal works, Toyota works (still), Onealex - only academy.

I remeber i tried also validation, and it was do something, but now, validation not work, it send me message "run as administrator" even if i run as administrator.
Well...I run OneAlex in my W11 PC, I have the "SH3" folder in my E unit (C is another unit in my PC with the OS, etc). I added heavy mods to OneAlex (heavy itself). I added the full interiors of WAC 5, I added more ships, I added music, I added the full sounds of WAC 5, I added the winter harbors from WAC 5....I don't have problems and the mod is very stable. Try to redownload OneAlex, and use the SH3 folder only for the mod, do not use the installation for Toyota or another mod. I have NYGM FiFi but in a parallel Steam installation with multiSH3.

I have the Hsie app, and the "contents" files from Hsie and Stiebler of NYGM FiFi in the SH3 OneAlex folder. I ran Hsie app and set 4gb patch and the others options as in NYGM. Same for Stiebler. So, I use in OneAlex the same Hsie/Stiebler config from NYGM. And all works very fine. You don't have the Hsie app in the SH3 OneAlex folder, so I think you need it from another place, and I use that included in NYGM FiFi.

Have luck, hope you can run this great mod.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-23, 04:12 PM   #1603
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Well...I run OneAlex in my W11 PC, I have the "SH3" folder in my E unit (C is another unit in my PC with the OS, etc). I added heavy mods to OneAlex (heavy itself). I added the full interiors of WAC 5, I added more ships, I added music, I added the full sounds of WAC 5, I added the winter harbors from WAC 5....I don't have problems and the mod is very stable. Try to redownload OneAlex, and use the SH3 folder only for the mod, do not use the installation for Toyota or another mod. I have NYGM FiFi but in a parallel Steam installation with multiSH3.

I have the Hsie app, and the "contents" files from Hsie and Stiebler of NYGM FiFi in the SH3 OneAlex folder. I ran Hsie app and set 4gb patch and the others options as in NYGM. Same for Stiebler. So, I use in OneAlex the same Hsie/Stiebler config from NYGM. And all works very fine. You don't have the Hsie app in the SH3 OneAlex folder, so I think you need it from another place, and I use that included in NYGM FiFi.

Have luck, hope you can run this great mod.

Fitzcarraldo
I can tell your already going about the installation the wrong way, you dont need to download .hsie and stiebler hardcoded fixes as their already patched to the SH3.exe as well as the 4GB patch in the Onealex mod. I don't know how you got things working Fitz but your duplicating things you dont need too. Onealex has everything NYGM has just maybe a touch less difficulty on the stats and values wise of damage and sensors but very hardcore tough mod just like NYGM, slightly less hardcore GUI too then NYGM but everything else is similar. Also why don't you join the official Onealex discord Fitz, faster and easier to chat about the mod that way. Plus onealex already includes all of Thomsens sounds plus Das Boot movie phrases etc.

P.S. The stiebler and .hsie files are in the 'support' folder of the mod but the SH3.exe is indeed patched with them with the options that Alex ticked off for his own playstyle. You can re-edit the SH3.exe with your own hsie and stiebler options by doing this:

1. Copy your SH3.exe from your SH3 game (installation) folder and place it in your SH3 game/ Support folder/Stiebler4c_v16B1 Folder.
2. Now, you can run the HsieOptionsSlector_v16B1.exe. You CAN NOT run the HsieOptionsSelector without the SH3.exe temporarily located in the SH3 game/ Support folder/Stiebler4c_v16B1 folder.
3. Make your changes and exit the HsieOptionsSelector and you'll get a message that your SH3.exe has been "updated", or something like that.
4. Now, when your back to the SH3 game/ Support folder/Stiebler4c_v16B1 Folder, move your newly patched SH3.exe back to your SH3 game folder, like it was in step 1.

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t

Last edited by kyle9154; 06-13-23 at 04:40 PM.
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-23, 07:48 PM   #1604
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

j4ckkn2fe

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-23, 07:50 PM   #1605
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

hugolopolus! & dr aus!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote