SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-16-21, 01:21 PM   #3766
Art_124
Nub

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Welcome to SubSim
Thank you!
Art_124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 02:55 PM   #3767
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_124 View Post
Is there an alternate download link (eg Mediafire or google drive) for the addinz V2 mod? Would be greatly appreciated!

Am also new here so Hi!
First of all, as Mr Jimbuna says: "Welcome to SubSim!"

Second of all, "No, we do not have another download link for the pack". What is happening when you attempt to download it? Did you get the FotRSU mod downloaded OK? If you are getting an error message when attempting downloads, pay attention to the message at the top of the downloads page FotRSU146_AddInz_v2:
"If you are experiencing trouble downloading, it could be due to an ad-blocker or extension in your Chrome browser.
Try turning off the ad-blocker or whitelisting www.subsim.com in your ad-blocker extension
or switching to Microsoft Edge browser or Firefox to complete the download. Thanks."
Barring that, you may have exceeded the day's bandwidth limit, but will gain it back again in 24 hours. Some of that add-in pack is in the Preview version of the mod. Don't forget the EnlistedFix for the Preview version, else you will crewmen running around in unauthorized uniforms...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-21, 08:28 PM   #3768
Ludwig van Hursh
A-ganger

Downloads: 65

Is there a way to "restore" the positions of the crew in the control room to how it is in vanilla? Unless something is broken in my game the crew in the control room of my fleet boats (this does not happen on S-boats) are all enlisted crew unless I swap the positions of the officer to the second slot, so that they are at their usual position at the little chart table, in the roster and there is never a helmsman.

EDIT: Also is there any campaign events around Guadalcanal or other major events. It's August 9, 1942 for me in my current career and I was hoping to perhaps engage the Japanese before they got to Savo Island.

Last edited by Ludwig van Hursh; 08-17-21 at 09:24 AM.
Ludwig van Hursh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-21, 07:26 AM   #3769
Art_124
Nub

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
First of all, as Mr Jimbuna says: "Welcome to SubSim!"

Second of all, "No, we do not have another download link for the pack". What is happening when you attempt to download it? Did you get the FotRSU mod downloaded OK? If you are getting an error message when attempting downloads, pay attention to the message at the top of the downloads page FotRSU146_AddInz_v2:
"If you are experiencing trouble downloading, it could be due to an ad-blocker or extension in your Chrome browser.
Try turning off the ad-blocker or whitelisting www.subsim.com in your ad-blocker extension
or switching to Microsoft Edge browser or Firefox to complete the download. Thanks."
Barring that, you may have exceeded the day's bandwidth limit, but will gain it back again in 24 hours. Some of that add-in pack is in the Preview version of the mod. Don't forget the EnlistedFix for the Preview version, else you will crewmen running around in unauthorized uniforms...
Thanks for the help, I think it may be that I need to wait a while!
Art_124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-21, 04:42 PM   #3770
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig van Hursh View Post
Is there a way to "restore" the positions of the crew in the control room to how it is in vanilla? Unless something is broken in my game the crew in the control room of my fleet boats (this does not happen on S-boats) are all enlisted crew unless I swap the positions of the officer to the second slot, so that they are at their usual position at the little chart table, in the roster and there is never a helmsman.

EDIT: Also is there any campaign events around Guadalcanal or other major events. It's August 9, 1942 for me in my current career and I was hoping to perhaps engage the Japanese before they got to Savo Island.
The Officer is in the Conn, hollering down the hatch at you... that should be a PO of some rank at the table, usually, sometimes a JG, just depending upon the shift. If you call Battle Stations, everyone is on deck.

As for Guadalcanal and when the IJN ships in the troops, no we do not have that "modeled" exactly, but you will see the occasional transport and freighter coming through, and then you will see a ramp up in traffic from Palau and Truk to Rabaul / Kavieng, and then down to Shortland, and Guadalcanal and points in between... We don't want to make anything like a "I know that convoy xyz came through here at 1403 hours on 2nd May, 1942, so I will just wait and ambush them"... Same holds for the Marshalls and Gilberts. The traffic is there, it is not scheduled though.

Old 08-17-21, 07:00 PM   #3771
Ludwig van Hursh
A-ganger

Downloads: 65

Quote:
The Officer is in the Conn, hollering down the hatch at you... that should be a PO of some rank at the table, usually, sometimes a JG, just depending upon the shift. If you call Battle Stations, everyone is on deck.

As for Guadalcanal and when the IJN ships in the troops, no we do not have that "modeled" exactly, but you will see the occasional transport and freighter coming through, and then you will see a ramp up in traffic from Palau and Truk to Rabaul / Kavieng, and then down to Shortland, and Guadalcanal and points in between... We don't want to make anything like a "I know that convoy xyz came through here at 1403 hours on 2nd May, 1942, so I will just wait and ambush them"... Same holds for the Marshalls and Gilberts. The traffic is there, it is not scheduled though.
I did find the helmsman shortly after making my post. I originally thought something might have messed up with the mod but if this is how they were historically supposed to be placed then great!

Makes sense that having ship formations exactly where they were at the exact time historically would make things a bit too easy if you know the dates and times etc. No complaints from me, I was just curious if I would run into them since I was patrolling in that area at the time of the Battle of Savo Island.

Enjoying the mod a lot though makes things feel a lot more immersive!
Old 08-17-21, 08:36 PM   #3772
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Art_124!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-21, 08:38 PM   #3773
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome back!

Ludwig van Hursh! after a four year 'silent run'!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-21, 07:19 AM   #3774
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludwig van Hursh View Post
I did find the helmsman shortly after making my post. I originally thought something might have messed up with the mod but if this is how they were historically supposed to be placed then great!

Makes sense that having ship formations exactly where they were at the exact time historically would make things a bit too easy if you know the dates and times etc. No complaints from me, I was just curious if I would run into them since I was patrolling in that area at the time of the Battle of Savo Island.

Enjoying the mod a lot though makes things feel a lot more immersive!
Most of the relatively major "battles" are there (as well as some minor ones), but might be slightly moved, or off-time, since the game is rather fluid in its interpretation of "time". There are attempts to show shelling of Buka and other locations, as well as the Battle of Empress Augusta bay, but they never "play" the same way twice. The game engine also might have a different outcome than in real life. The AI in the game does not differentiate between IJN night vision and the US lack thereof, nor the differences of radar much... the game tries, but... As for the helmsman and other crew members and where they are, notice the differences between the boats (Salmon versus Gato, etc), and between a surfaced boat and a submerged boat, as well as what happens when Battle Stations is called. But the main thing is to have fun!

Old 08-19-21, 11:47 PM   #3775
Comder
Commander

Downloads: 83
Default The Ghost Ship

Good Evening Gentlemen,

I was out on patrol, When I came across the Ghost ship in FOTRSH Preview 16. The ship was moving fast Strait toward me.

I turned and gave chase. The specter was fast, but I caught up

I stayed with her for a bit, Then moved on to finish my patrol

I thought it was cool to find her again. So I thought I would share while teaching myself how to post the pictures.

Thanks

Comder

Asus ROG Strix Scar G732LXS-XS99
I9 10th GEN, 32gb MEM, RX2080 8GB nvidia, 2TB SSD
Windows 10 Pro

Warship? What warship?
Comder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-21, 11:59 PM   #3776
Mork_417
Lieutenant Commander

Downloads: 263

NICE!
Old 08-20-21, 03:21 PM   #3777
propbeanie

Did you notice the crew and passengers on deck, as well as in the rigging? If you see them encounter a Japanese Task Force, they might do battle... We haven't tested it lately to see if the guns work again or not... but the IJN definitely tries to sink it:

That's an old vid, done after we broke the guns... sigh

Old 08-20-21, 08:32 PM   #3778
Comder
Commander

Downloads: 83

Good Evening Gentleman,

Propbeanie, yes I have close ups of the crew on the ship. Diffidently Ghosts. They float not walk. Their poses are interesting if you pause and look closely. I remember the first time I came across them I was using an Uboat. I can almost swear they were firing at me. This has always been a fun easter egg.

Thanks

Comder

Asus ROG Strix Scar G732LXS-XS99
I9 10th GEN, 32gb MEM, RX2080 8GB nvidia, 2TB SSD
Windows 10 Pro

Warship? What warship?
Comder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-21, 08:59 PM   #3779
propbeanie

Yes, they are Dutch, and as such, were bound to the crown to fight for the Allies... lol

Old 08-21-21, 08:53 PM   #3780
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Yes, they are Dutch, and as such, were bound to the crown to fight for the Allies... lol

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote