SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-05-22, 01:17 PM   #16
Toxiclad
Herr Kaleun

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

There is still the dream about a hyper realistic subsim, with the whole world as a map and 100% historical accuracy, developed with unreal engine 5
Toxiclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-22, 07:41 PM   #17
JerseySeven
Random#

Downloads: 142

Anyone else find that after the recent patches, the merchants spot you way too easily.

Ex. Night, wind at 14 knots, my boat is surfaced heading 225 deg towards funnel smoke. I get just close enough to see on the map it is a single ship but not clearly enough to make a visual even with a helper. Based on my map plots she's heading about 20 deg. I estimate AOB at about 35 starboard.

Next thing I know, before I'm even fully within clear sight range, it makes a 180 and tears off at fast speed.

This has happened at least twice. No way she can see me in those conditions when I can't really see her clearly to even make an ID on the UZO. I think if I went to periscope that soon, I'd lose the intercept.

Maybe I'm just trying to play this like SH3, SH4 and SH5.
JerseySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-22, 04:13 AM   #18
Toxiclad
Herr Kaleun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySeven View Post
Anyone else find that after the recent patches, the merchants spot you way too easily.

Ex. Night, wind at 14 knots, my boat is surfaced heading 225 deg towards funnel smoke. I get just close enough to see on the map it is a single ship but not clearly enough to make a visual even with a helper. Based on my map plots she's heading about 20 deg. I estimate AOB at about 35 starboard.

Next thing I know, before I'm even fully within clear sight range, it makes a 180 and tears off at fast speed.

This has happened at least twice. No way she can see me in those conditions when I can't really see her clearly to even make an ID on the UZO. I think if I went to periscope that soon, I'd lose the intercept.

Same here, it's like the AI has superpowers. I had a couple of situations where I was at periscope depth in the middle of the night waiting for a convoy to pass by so I could make an identification on some freighters, well I could not even identificate the flag because suddenly the destroyers of the convoy turned to my direction an tried to hunt me down. This happens quite a lot.
Old 11-06-22, 10:41 AM   #19
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySeven View Post

seeing that most of my attacks are on the surface at night from within just a few hundred yards i cannot say i have experienced this.
Old 11-08-22, 06:11 AM   #20
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

Could this be a case of all-to-visible exhaust smoke, from your sub?
The sim offers ways to reduce that.

Paajtor is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-22, 08:51 PM   #21
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRivet View Post
In time, i think Uboat is really going to mature into something very special.

I remember back in 2005, when SHIII came out, i was beyond excited. I had just flown home the day before christmas from delivering an airplane to its new owner. My wife picked me up at the airport, reached into a plastic sack and pulled out a copy of SHIII.

SHIII however, in its stock form, was super promising, but it took modders, specifically the GWX team to turn it into a whole other animal.

Uboat is in the same space right now.

what i like about Uboat the most... is that thing that hasnt been conceived of yet.
Old 12-02-22, 03:34 PM   #22
Oubaas
中国水兵

Downloads: 65
Icon14

I quite like UBoat, and I think that it will eventually develop into a masterpiece. The potential is certainly there, and it seems to be headed in a good direction.

Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-22, 07:22 PM   #23
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

I have no doubt about it...
But the problem is that there is a lot to correct already..
We still have to wait a very long time...
you can believe me I'm patient but it's relatively long.. so let's wait and see if the jewels will shine..
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-22, 11:35 PM   #24
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

lol I'm still trying to get past the tutorials but wonder why g7a are price higher than g7e

Last edited by les green01; 12-25-22 at 02:28 AM.
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-22, 05:37 PM   #25
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75

I only have a couple of hours into it. I have started the tutorial, really. I am not a big fan of 3rd-person sims.
maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-22, 08:03 PM   #26
Sniper450
Officer

Downloads: 177

You can play in 1st person correct?
Sniper450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-22, 06:25 PM   #27
Photofactor
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper450 View Post
You can play in 1st person correct?

Yes, you can even force 1st person view only in options.
Old 12-29-22, 06:54 PM   #28
Toxiclad
Herr Kaleun

Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
I only have a couple of hours into it. I have started the tutorial, really. I am not a big fan of 3rd-person sims.
As far as I know you are able to play the whole game in first person mode, which i think is quite a challenge if you want to manage the whole boat.
Old 12-29-22, 07:12 PM   #29
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

UBOAT is becoming the game I wished SH5 was and all the other SH games could have been. For the first time in my four years of playing SH5, SH4, and SH3; I uninstalled the games to focus on UBOAT.

I'm most likely gonna reinstall SH3 though when the new GWX mod comes out. Looking forward to it!!!!!!!

On the downside, I feel like UBOAT can get a bit repetitive at times. Maybe some more side missions would be better. Perhaps maybe more ways to interact with your crew?

Also, I can't wait to see how the ports will get revamped in further versions.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-22, 07:20 AM   #30
Vox165
Soundman

Downloads: 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
The nice-feature is the player can choose his play mod style: First-person , third-person, or a combination. I personally like the challenge of first-person

Last edited by Vox165; 12-30-22 at 07:34 AM.
Vox165 is offline   Reply With Quote