SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-27-22, 10:13 PM   #5221
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You should not have Pearl Harbor as a Home Port after 1942-11-15. My guess is that your Save folder is again borked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i agree with home port conclusion above. i do not think that is a SaveFolder error.

the dates in orange were the problem, i suspected, until i changed the Brisbane (Flotilla 3) date to 1942-11-16 and arrived there on 1942-11-27 to find a fouled anchor but no prompt to end the mission.

however, i will delete the game folders/files in \data\cfg except for the Richsavegames and savegames and then rerun the mission.
++++
well, it was not a borked Savegame folder.
i deleted the savegame files and restarted the mission and we were still not welcome in Brisbane.

p.s. i fixed this. see my PM.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 12-28-22 at 12:56 PM.
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-22, 12:59 PM   #5222
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default Espiritu Santo Exit

hey buddy,
in going where no KM has gone, before, i stumbled into the opportunity to use the advance base at Espiritu Santo.
imagine my surprise when i started the mission in Darwin.

the Espiritu exit path was bitten by the copy-paste bug.
use this line(s) in your next release.
DepartureDescriptionOut1= 19961124.000000, -1853873.000000, 270.000000
DepartureDescription1= 20059568.000000, -1863188.000000, 270.000000

LAA enabled

Last edited by KaleunMarco; 12-28-22 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-01-23, 12:54 PM   #5223
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
hey buddy,
in going where no KM has gone, before, i stumbled into the opportunity to use the advance base at Espiritu Santo.
imagine my surprise when i started the mission in Darwin.

the Espiritu exit path was bitten by the copy-paste bug.
use this line(s) in your next release.
DepartureDescriptionOut1= 19961124.000000, -1853873.000000, 270.000000
DepartureDescription1= 20059568.000000, -1863188.000000, 270.000000

Thanks. Most interesting... we had that correct in a previous version... sigh - fixed for the next release, so long as oldmanitis doesn't strike too often or strong in the interim...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-23, 02:11 PM   #5224
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Thanks. Most interesting... we had that correct in a previous version... sigh - fixed for the next release, so long as oldmanitis doesn't strike too often or strong in the interim...
good to see you back, posting.
i thought, with your absence, that you had gone deep.

LAA enabled
Old 01-01-23, 04:01 PM   #5225
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Default Darwin?

it's August 1943 and you have me transferred to Darwin?
Darwin?
as soon as we put in after this patrol, i am calling my classmate in BuPers!

LAA enabled
Old 01-01-23, 08:29 PM   #5226
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211
Uploads: 0

Base problem:

I started a new construction campaign 1942 from Mare Island with a Gato class (USS Silversides), did all the trials and training, and was assigned to patrol the Carolines Islands for five days. I reached the patrol area, sunk ships for near 30.000 tons. near Dublon (19-23 May 1942), finished the 5 days patrol and received the known radio message, good work, return to base, etc.

But my base continue to be Mare Island...No tilted anchor in Midway or Pearl; now, 10 june 1942, I´m in Pearl rearming and refueling, and it seems I should go to Mare Island (tilted anchor) to finish the patrol.

I don´t kmow if I should wait some time in Pearl, hoping the base change occurs, or I should start the long travel to Mare Island to finish this patrol.

Some way to be assigned to Pearl or Midway?

BTW, using the original FOTRSU duds I have very reliable fishes by May 1942.

My modlist:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SH4\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8
101_FotRSUv18_FixPak
Nippon_Maru_v1.9b_FotRSU
Nihon Kaigun v1.3_FotRSU
Combined Roster
399_NoScrollNavMap
451_TMOstyle_NavMapDots
451a_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nippon_Maru
451b_TMOstyle_NavMapDots_Nihon_Kaigun
450_MoonlightzSonarLines
304_NoJapaneseAirRadar
801_UMark Invisible
803_NoPlayerSubFlags
901_Strategic_Map_Symbols
RUBINI_CLOUDS_SH4
SMALLER SEABED ROCKS
SMALLER SEA PLANTS SMALL
sobers better sand II
sobers better rock Ver 2 mod
Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.7_EN
FI-OQ_FotRSU_v1.8f_upcPatch
FOTRSU_1.8_SUB_SKINS_IN_4k
856_Col_FotRSU_Museum
EAX_SoundSim_FOTRSU_1.8
speech_overhaul
BATTLEFLAG_CONNING_SILVERSIDES_SS-236
BATTLEFLAG_WARDROOM_SILVERSIDES_SS-236
New Sounds for Fleetboat_Interior-Officer Quarters mod
Realistic Floor Tiles for Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarter
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4
Select Your Sub
650_OriginalFOTRS_Dudz
Jimimadrid Metalic Dials
Jimimadrid Sailors for FotRSU
851_Red_FotRSU_Logo
DarkerNightsEnv_V2
Lite Fog v2 + 100' Underwater Visability
Vanilla Impurities
Jimimadrid SubManagement
jimimadrid Shells

Playing 100% except external view on.

Best regards and Happy New Year.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-23, 12:20 AM   #5227
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Base problem:

I started a new construction campaign 1942 from Mare Island with a Gato class (USS Silversides), did all the trials and training, and was assigned to patrol the Carolines Islands for five days. I reached the patrol area, sunk ships for near 30.000 tons. near Dublon (19-23 May 1942), finished the 5 days patrol and received the known radio message, good work, return to base, etc.

But my base continue to be Mare Island...No tilted anchor in Midway or Pearl; now, 10 june 1942, I´m in Pearl rearming and refueling, and it seems I should go to Mare Island (tilted anchor) to finish the patrol.

I don´t kmow if I should wait some time in Pearl, hoping the base change occurs, or I should start the long travel to Mare Island to finish this patrol.

Some way to be assigned to Pearl or Midway?

BTW, using the original FOTRSU duds I have very reliable fishes by May 1942.

My modlist:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SH4\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8
101_FotRSUv18_FixPak

Playing 100% except external view on.

Fitzcarraldo
yeah, that seems to be the case.
i think that the FOTRSU team made a typo in the critical file.
[Flotilla 6.UserPlayerUnitType 1]
ID= F6Gato
NameDisplayable= Gato class
AvailabilityInterval= 1942-03-04, 1943-05-10
IDLinkUserPlayerUnitType= Gato
UnitTypeCommonality= 4
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= MidwayCommand
1943-05-10 probably should be 1942-05-10.
the 1942 date would give a Kaleun time to complete the trials and go out on patrol to the Carolines and then home base at Midway after May 10.

if you know how to make a mini-mod, i suggest that you make one, implement it with an updated Flotilla entry, and re-do your career start.
you should be okay.

if you cannot make a mini-mod and change Flotillas, then you will have to:
  1. pick another career start with a different boat and location
  2. sail on trackless seas forever...or until May 10, 1943.

LAA enabled
Old 01-02-23, 06:30 AM   #5228
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Many thanks KaleunMarco!

Finally I made the trip to Mare Island, requested a transfer to Midway (phone), and now I'm starting the second patrol. I will made the minimod, wonder if it could affect my actual campaign.

Maybe after the trainings I forgot to transfer via phone to Pearl, I departed from Mare Island directly after the trainings and my base remained MI for the first patrol...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-23, 05:20 PM   #5229
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
good to see you back, posting.
i thought, with your absence, that you had gone deep.
The holidays this year have been crazy with a capital "K"... wowsers.

Quote:
Darwin?
Can you describe your career with some detail KM? ie, Argonaut started suchNsuch date, assigned Empire Waters, objective completed, 65 days return to Pearl. Next assignment Marshalls. objective completed, stopped by Truk on the way home, out 48 days, etc. - I have now run two Argonaut (old TMO pseudo Narwhal) careers out of Pearl and have not had issue with Brisbane transfer and docking. I have not hung around long enough to see the transfer to Darwin, but next round I will. We have more changes to the mod for the next build and I can test the Argonaut again for that.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Base problem:

I started a new construction campaign (Mare Island CareerStart 1942 from Mare Island with a Gato class (USS Silversides), did all the trials and training, and was assigned to patrol the Carolines Islands for five days. I reached the patrol area, sunk ships for near 30.000 tons. near Dublon (19-23 May 1942), finished the 5 days patrol and received the known radio message, good work, return to base, etc.

But my base continue to be Mare Island...No tilted anchor in Midway or Pearl; now, 10 june 1942, I´m in Pearl rearming and refueling, and it seems I should go to Mare Island (tilted anchor) to finish the patrol...

Fitzcarraldo
yeah, that seems to be the case.
i think that the FOTRSU team made a typo in the critical file.
[Flotilla 6.UserPlayerUnitType 1]
ID= F6Gato
NameDisplayable= Gato class
AvailabilityInterval= 1942-03-04, 1943-05-10
IDLinkUserPlayerUnitType= Gato
UnitTypeCommonality= 4
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= MidwayCommand
1943-05-10 probably should be 1942-05-10...
That is indeed the problem fitzcarraldo, as pointed out by KM. The way you did it, in going back to Mare Island and transferring was the easiest way to "fix" it. Next release has that 1943 year date changed to 1942...

Of note also is a change in the Sea Trials paradigm forthcoming next FotRSU release that will (hopefully) eliminate all issue with the mission assignments and transfers... maybe

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-23, 05:29 PM   #5230
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Darwin?
Quote:
Can you describe your career with some detail KM? ie, Argonaut started suchNsuch date, assigned Empire Waters, objective completed, 65 days return to Pearl. Next assignment Marshalls. objective completed, stopped by Truk on the way home, out 48 days, etc. - I have now run two Argonaut (old TMO pseudo Narwhal) careers out of Pearl and have not had issue with Brisbane transfer and docking. I have not hung around long enough to see the transfer to Darwin, but next round I will. We have more changes to the mod for the next build and I can test the Argonaut again for that.
i was kidding you!
+++
in reviewing Flotillas, everything seems to be working according to the settings.
getting assigned all of the spy/supply/commando missions in the southern Philippines.
+++
i believe the next checkpoint will be January 1945 when we are transferred to Midway and end the war there.

LAA enabled
Old 01-02-23, 09:59 PM   #5231
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

Since I noticed you had the Argonaut career, I thought I would put some feedback from what I had.

Started career with Argonaut patrolling off Midway just prior to the Pearl Harbor attack. Went to Tokyo after cleared of objective near Midway.

Sunk several ships before having to return to Pearl because of damage. Don't let the two 6"/53cal guns get the better of you because you think you can take on a Cargo-Passenger Ship thinking it's a Passenger-Cargo ship. If it wasn't for the two CANNON (as opposed to the 3"/50cal) I would've had to restart the career right there and then.

It took quite a few rounds, but I was 500 yds away so it was fairly quick work. Main take-away: verify the ID of what you're trying to torpedo and make sure it won't shoot back!

Sortied on second patrol and no issues. Got back to Pearl instead of refit/rearm at Midway because I just wanted to finish. Shot all torpedoes with 1/2 of them duds. Took me a while to realize it's supposed to be that way with this mod!

Third patrol okay without any issues tech-wise other than I thought there was an AI glitch on the way back to refuel at Midway. Every time I was surfaced in the daytime in the middle of nowhere about 500nm west of Midway I'd be getting attacked by single engine aircraft. Didn't make sense. They even caused enough damage that I almost ended the thing right there and then.

After half a dozen attacks from 0700 to about 1500 I realized it was 4 June 1942. That and the message saying Midway was getting bombed. Nice touch! So I decided to not get angry at a "glitch" and went to Pearl to finish the patrol without stopping at Midway.

Got offered a new boat then asked for a transfer to the Asiatic Fleet before the "get back to Pearl by 15 July" message went into effect, so I never got to do the Makin Island Raid in August. I'll let you know how the Tambor (SS-198) works out.

So far I haven't found any issues with running this mod, so as time goes on and I get further along I'll report any issues I may have. I especially like the "sweating" I would see on the Argonaut's dials. At least I think it was the Argonaut. It may have been the Cachalot career I ended up having to trash since I updated the mods and the readme said a fresh install of the game's save folder was needed. In any case, I never had issues with the sweating gauges when I had them.

My rig:

Asus G72 with 16GB RAM
Intel CORE processor (dual-core at 1.73 GHz)
ATI Mobility Radeon 5800 Series with 1GB RAM (max video is 4.8GB with 3.8GB shared from regular RAM)
WD SSD for the hard drive.
Windows 7 - 64-bit

This is a 12-year old rig, so Intel hadn't even started numbering their processors yet. It still manages to work well, however. Not sure if you guys had something this old in mind when designing, but so far so good. As long as I don't get a Windows-10 requirement, I'm okay with most SH4 mods. After all, the computer is still newer than the game.

It's a pitty most SH3 stuff is now Win-10 since I used to have SH3 (steam) installed with the LSH3-2015 mod a few years ago. Can't run the new setup or the OneAlex because of the Win-10 requirements on the new stuff. Same with the video requirements.

Since I also like the "other side" of the game, the next to check will be KSD2: Aces, but that's for down the road a bit. I'll enjoy the Fleet Boats for a while longer before I do anything on that side again. From what I've seen of the thing (as of today with the 1.4.2 version, anyway), I should be able to run it wihout any issues.

Overall, this is the best mod I've seen for this game so far (US side, that is). The only thing I would add is that I would like to have the option to use the more "realistic" looking TDC and torpedo controls I've seen in many videos. Not sure if their TMO, RFB, RSRD, or a combination thereof. The main difference is that the bottom-right control for the tubes doesn't have the green buttons. Instead it has lit-up text. There are other things here and there that look more "realistic" to me, but it may just be a matter of taste. If you guys know what I'm talking about -- or what files I could copy over from the respective addon to place with JSGME in here -- please let me know.

I was also thinking of using JimiMadrid's dials, but I think I read somewhere that they're included in FotRSU 1.8 already. Am I correct on that or should I download and add them? I ask because someone said his torpedo textures are already being used, and from what I've seen they are awesome.

Regards,

ElCid97

PS: Forgive me if some of this is already in a readme somewhere. I've gone through most of them already, but I still have a few more to go.
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 04:28 PM   #5232
slimkrakne
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 10
Icon1

Im having an issue with fotrsu not spawning in any IJN ships, USN ships spawn in and load perfectly fine, I started my first career with the mod in a narwhal at midway in 1942, sailed to wake island to do some recon and there were no ships physically loaded in, but I was getting sonar contacts and my crew could see them through the periscope. when planes would be spotted, they wouldn't attack but fly straight as if I wasn't there, I switched to a stock boat (I believe porpoise) and had the same problems with no ships spawning but still getting sonar contacts, this is on a fresh install with only fotrsu v1.8 enabled in jsgme and the game is installed under G:/steamlibary/steamapps/common. This behavior has persisted through 2 reinstalls of the game from steam where I manually deleted all the files in the install path and in the documents folder. I uninstalled fotrsu through jsgme and ships did appear properly, and stock IJN ships load properly and appear in the world not just sonar contacts and planes would attack. the only mod installed is a change to the freecam speed to make is similar to SH3. Also how do you change the compass/rudder dial to be the same size as the others, and the propellers on the narhwal rotate in the wrong direction if that means anything. Also this is on the uboat missions install with LAA.
slimkrakne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 06:24 PM   #5233
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

slimkrakne!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-23, 07:38 PM   #5234
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
i was kidding you!
+++
in reviewing Flotillas, everything seems to be working according to the settings.
getting assigned all of the spy/supply/commando missions in the southern Philippines.
+++
i believe the next checkpoint will be January 1945 when we are transferred to Midway and end the war there.
well, i found another typo.
[Flotilla 23.UserPlayerUnitType 4]
ID=F23Argonaut
NameDisplayable= Argonaut class
AvailabilityInterval=1943-08-28, 1945-01-06
IDLinkUserPlayerUnitType=Argonaut
UnitTypeCommonality=1
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo=Midway
the last parm should read: IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo=MidwayCommand

otherwise the transfer never happens.
madness.