SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-20-16, 10:56 PM   #1
IronOutlaw
Loader

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default SH III and Windows 10

Hi guys

Long time no speak!

Just tried installing SH III on my new PC and it came up with a problem. Now I am a dinosaur when it comes to PC problems so I need someone who can understand this stuff to look at a txt document which makes absolutely no sense to me in the hope someone will spot how I can overcome this. Curiously, the Install never asked me for the 25 digit code!

I cannot attach the report here as it is 1 MB but if someone would like to offer to help let me know and I can email it.

Maybe I should buy and download a new copy as the easiest way out.

Sadly also, I donated to get the GWX 3 dowmload but the system still has me locked out asking for a donation.

C'est la vie!!!

Cheers

Brad

IronOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-16, 01:07 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

IronOutlaw!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-16, 06:06 AM   #3
Lapazeus
Watch

Downloads: 40

I'm in the same uboat. So far I've used BLITZKRIEG's steam fix to change the install folder and SH3F's SH3MULTI functionality to make a copy of the game. So far, so good. Haven't tried to run either copy, though. One's a backup, and the other will be modded to hell

Now, I'm trying to download GWX, but as I haven't posted anything in years, it seems the forum has shut off the downloads for me even though I just donated. Let's if this post reactivates things.

Lapazeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-16, 11:23 AM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome back!

Lapazeus! after a six year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 10-21-16, 02:30 PM   #5
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Lapazeus &
IronOutlaw
Highly Recommended SH3 > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-16, 07:47 AM   #6
Lapazeus
Watch

Downloads: 40

Cheers, Aktungbby and THEBERBSTER.

Lapazeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-16, 02:04 PM   #7
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Downloads: 103

1) You can upload the .txt file via mediafire.com which is free up to a certain amount of data but 1mb shouldn't be a problem at all:

https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles

Simply upload the file and post the link to share here so that people can download and look into it. The process should be easy enough but if you still run into issues with mediafire just ask here!

2) You do not have to download gwx via subsim. You can go to gwx's website and download it from there:

http://www.thegreywolves.com/downloads/

I, personally, prefer the torrent to download gwx:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vh596e....exe.1.torrent

If you wish to download the mod via torrent, however, you would need a program like utorrent:

http://www.utorrent.com/intl/en/

Just download the torrent file and install a program like utorrent. Then click on the torrent and the download should start automatically.

3)
Are you using a cd or the steam version ( you said download 'it' again?) cause steam's version doesn't require the cd key anymore nor does it need any previous patches.
ValoWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-16, 06:53 AM   #8
marees62
Watch

Downloads: 10
SHO Got mine to work

Came back to SH3 after being away from it for a few years. I was able to get SH3 and GWX Gold to play nice on my Win10 Acer Laptop. Had to put them in compatability mode for XP SP3. Also installed the Resfix for my screen resoloution. Only problem I have is that I can't download SH3 Commander. Every time I try, I get a file error when unpacking using 7zip. Any ideas? I have tried downloading with Chrome and Firefox and have same error.
marees62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-16, 08:44 AM   #9
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Downloads: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by marees62 View Post
Came back to SH3 after being away from it for a few years. I was able to get SH3 and GWX Gold to play nice on my Win10 Acer Laptop. Had to put them in compatability mode for XP SP3. Also installed the Resfix for my screen resoloution. Only problem I have is that I can't download SH3 Commander. Every time I try, I get a file error when unpacking using 7zip. Any ideas? I have tried downloading with Chrome and Firefox and have same error.
hey, you can download sh3 cmd 3.2 from here if you like:
https://www.mediafire.com/?w77d7wyosld026f
ValoWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-16, 01:49 PM   #10
marees62
Watch

Downloads: 10
SHO Thanks!

Thank you for the link ValoWay Still can't get it to work though. Now I don't have "permission to run this app on my pc" even though I set it to run as admin and changed the compatibility to XP SP3. At least I can still play SH though...
marees62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-22, 03:48 PM   #11
Cazador ss
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 867
Default Sh3

Hola comunidad subsim , tengo la portátil Windows 10 corre bien el sh3 pero al destruir mi primer barco en carrrera me saca

del juego
Cazador ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 04:02 AM   #12
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hola Cazador ss siento que tengas problemas con Silent Hunter III necesito que me des más información.

1. ¿tu descarga de SH3 es desde Steam o desde el dvd?
si lo instalaste desde el dvd lo instalaste fuera de los archivos de programa x86 para evitar toda la protección de windows 10.

2. ¿has instalado algún mod de SH3 como GWX3 y el mod del comandante y si es así instalaste el archivo de configuración del mod del comandante que permite que GWX3 y el mod del comandante se comuniquen entre sí y el parche de 4 gigas para dar a tu instalación de SH3 más memoria virtual que los 2 gigas por defecto?

Soy de Inglaterra y estoy usando el traductor deepl para poder ayudarte a que tu instalación de SH3 funcione.
una vez que usted responde a este post puedo ayudar a resolver su problema SH3 Señor saludos blackswan40 aka Andrew Oldfield

Translated with DeepL

Last edited by blackswan40; 12-03-22 at 04:10 AM.
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-22, 04:10 AM   #13
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Bienvenidos Capitano!

Cazador ss!

Old 12-14-22, 04:42 PM   #14
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Steam Silent Hunter III setup 2022