SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-02-09, 09:27 AM   #1696
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284
Uploads: 0

I have had this problem lately, when I press 'delete' the HUD does not disappear.

Happens in all my carrers, in my 3 installs(OM, OM-MED, OM-PAC)

REL_SH4_TRANSRADIO
OM(UPTODATE)
SPAX GERMAN LANG FIX
REAL CLOTHES

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 11:05 AM   #1697
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
In the file you sent the UserPlayerContext had data in it. This problem my be unfixable. I have had three different fixes in the works that appeared to work, however follow on testing showed that they failed.

The bottom line is that for what ever reason the system decides to "read" the upgrade information in the "US" version of UpgradePacks.upc . It should be noted that in the case of the file structure in the SH4 directory's in "MY Documents" and the UPCDATA directory's the US files come first

The only sure fire fix is to remove the "Turm" upgrades from the VIIC, IXB and IXC.

I'm currently debating how I'm going to proceed.
Concur with your plan for the above issue. Is there a "quick" fix for the turm issue that we can implement regardless of it breaking the PTO side? Many including myself run dedicated installs of OM/OMEGU.

Thanks Lurker,

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 04:38 PM   #1698
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12
Default OM V715 Hotfix 1

OM V715 Hotfix 1

This Hotfix will correct the problem of the “corrupted” ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file when a user receiver a Conning Tower upgrade for one of the following Uboats: Type VIIC, Type IXB or Type IXC.

The root cause of this problem appears to be entries in the Equipment.ucp file that reference “Gato” based equipment in the “EquipmentSlotType” fields. These entries are present in the “stock” SH4 files, but where for the most part done away within OM, “except” for the reference to the Uboat compressor. I believe based on testing that the system detected this entry during the conning tower upgrade and added “Gato” class sub equipment to the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc vice the correct German equipment.

Install instructions:

For people that are currently on patrol in the effected units listed above, you’re going to have to make some manual edits after you install the Hotfix to ensure that the problem is corrected. For users of other types of subs or starting a new career the manual edits are not required.

• “Only” install inport
  • Install Hotfix with JSGME
  • Go to Documents and Settings\xxxxx\My Documents\SH4\data\cfg
  • delete the following three directories: UCPInitial, UserPlayerContext and UserPlayerContextGE ( they will regenerate when SH4 starts )
  • Go to Documents and Settings\xxxxx\My Documents\SH4\data\cfg\SaveGames and find the directory with the most recent saved game.
  • Open ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc with wordpad and look for the following entry:

NameDisplayable=High Pressure Air Compressor
EquipmentInterval=1900-01-01, 1999-12-31
EquipmentSlotType=GatoComp
ExternalLinkName3D=NULL

Change EquipmentSlotType=GatoComp to EquipmentSlotType=NULL

• Save your changes and restart SH4.

See first post for download link
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 05:26 PM   #1699
Kromus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 135

Thank you lurker, great work !
Kromus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-09, 01:25 PM   #1700
Nit
Seaman

Downloads: 163

To lurker_hlb3:
First, thank you very very much for the GREAT work.
But I have some notes.
1) After three missions on VIIB (1939 sep) I have 99999 pts. As you understand the rest of campaign (without points) will not so interesting. Is it possible to do something?
2) Sometimes after fire of hundred shells to the very average ship she continues to move with speed of 8-10 knots. She burn but the speed is not reduced. It seems to me it is not correctly.
Thank you in advance.

PS. I use:
RFB 1.52
OM705
OM705->715
OM715 Patch1
OM715 Hotfix1
OMEGU210
OMEGU210 Hotfix2
Nit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-09, 06:59 PM   #1701
Sonicfire1981
Engineer

Downloads: 61

deck guns are of almost no use in rfb, believe me. Tried to sink a fisherman once (believe me, after 3 weeks on sea with nothing but aircraft-encounters, you consider sinking a n y t h i n g that comes your way.

Pumped about 45 shells into it, from "hey, the wristwatch of the other ship's captain shows 4:34pm"-distances, below the waterline and in different locations on the hull. It stopped, it burned, but it wasnt sinking. after 30minutes i turned to course. By the time it got out of range it still refused to sink. with an average ship: one torpedo is never a waste.
Sonicfire1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-09, 10:52 PM   #1702
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nit View Post
To lurker_hlb3:
But I have some notes.

Quote:
I have 99999 pts.
go to Documents and Settings\xxxxx\My Documents\SH4\data\cfg\SaveGames and open "CareerTrack.upc" and find PlayerCurrentRenown and change it to what value you want

Quote:
Sometimes after fire of hundred shells to the very average ship she continues to move with speed of 8-10 knots. She burn but the speed is not reduced. It seems to me it is not correctly.
Thank you in advance.
Let the "AI" do the shooting, select "aim for waterline" and it should only take about 20 rounds
Old 10-04-09, 01:57 AM   #1703
renthewog
Helmsman

Downloads: 213

Hi Lurker, is there a reason why the museum no longer works and CTD when OM/Omegu mods are installed? I just did another clean install of SH4 with the mods:

OM705
OM705->715
OM715 Patch1
OM715 Hotfix1
OMEGU210
OMEGU210 Hotfix2

All in that order, and cant go into museum to view the ship models etc.
renthewog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 04:32 AM   #1704
Nit
Seaman

Downloads: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
go to Documents and Settings\xxxxx\My Documents\SH4\data\cfg\SaveGames and open "CareerTrack.upc" and find PlayerCurrentRenown and change it to what value you want
But it does not solve a problem. For example after second patrol in another campaign (42 march) I have >72000 pts. After third patrol I can have 99999 pts again. What I must do? To change my pts by handle?
Quote:
Let the "AI" do the shooting, select "aim for waterline" and it should only take about 20 rounds
I know it but desk gun without ai is so interesting...

PS.
And another idea. Is it possible for you to create simple mod which will replace XVIII to XXI for the stock game? I understand that after OM it is not interesting task for you. (OM is the best mod for SH4 without doubt. I think so at least). But such mod possible will be very useful to mistaking people(which don't use OM+OMEGU).

Last edited by Nit; 10-04-09 at 07:26 AM.
Nit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 07:52 AM   #1705
othr
Mate

Downloads: 83

Hello again,

The hotifx doesn't really seem to fix anything, the issue still exists. Just so you know OMEGU overwrites the files contained in the hotfix with its own with plenty of 'gato' references.

Also there are CTDs when approaching certain convoys, probably the same issue that causes the 'Museum' to crash the game.

Found one such convoy on April 30, 1944, in-game grid BE3259 (this probably doesn't match the actual BE3259). Most convoys do not cause issues but some will crash you every time whenever you get close.
othr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 08:46 AM   #1706
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Vaa

- Yak 1/Mig3 Fighters (upgraded to SH4 standards)
- KOR1 & MR2 seaplanes
- DB3 Bomber (upgraded to SH4 standards)
- Type 7 DD (upgraded to SH4 standards)
- Kirov / Molotov class cruisers
- Type36A DD
- Anadyr, Komsomol and Harbor Schooner merchants
- Weapons .dat files for various Russian ships
- He 111
hey hey! Not so fast!
That He-111 is (with 100% certainty) the model i did for GWX 2.0
The mesh is my work anyway, i'd recognise it anywhere - only the skin has been done by someone else.
Totally fine to use it - but kindly correct your credits please.
Thank you
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 08:57 AM   #1707
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by othr View Post
Hello again,

The hotifx doesn't really seem to fix anything, the issue still exists. Just so you know OMEGU overwrites the files contained in the hotfix with its own with plenty of 'gato' references.

Also there are CTDs when approaching certain convoys, probably the same issue that causes the 'Museum' to crash the game.

Found one such convoy on April 30, 1944, in-game grid BE3259 (this probably doesn't match the actual BE3259). Most convoys do not cause issues but some will crash you every time whenever you get close.

Quote:
Noted. Just install the hotfix "last", the only thing your going to "loss" is the "german eagle" that shows up on the Type VIIC and IIB during the first month of the War. or you can load up OMEGU v210 Hotfix 3

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=157

I've test this fix at least 6 times on two different systems without it failing.

Before the release of OM 715, I conducted a "museum " test to ensure there were no CTD with the MFM ships.

Also since merchant ships in convoys are "generic", when the convoys are created on your system, they may not have the same "types" of merchants that are created in my systems.

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 10-04-09 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-04-09, 09:26 AM   #1708
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
hey hey! Not so fast!
That He-111 is (with 100% certainty) the model i did for GWX 2.0
The mesh is my work anyway, i'd recognise it anywhere - only the skin has been done by someone else.
Totally fine to use it - but kindly correct your credits please.
Thank you
This He111 came from the russian mod maker VAA. and when I get back from church this morning, I will be providing detailed proof that the HE111 from GWX is not the same as the one in OM. In the mean time I recommend that you breakout S3D and compare the 3d model of your work verses the one by VAA in OM.

============================
Edit

Here is a little proof that your claim is unfounded before I submit my detailed report

GWX

VAA's model in OM

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 10-05-09 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-04-09, 10:58 AM   #1709
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Well - I could be mistaken but it looked identical, Im not sure what i am looking at in your above screen shots (what does it prove?) Anyway I will examine the wireframes of each mesh in 3DS, If I am wrong then I am very sorry to both you and Vaa and I will post a formal appology in this thread - that's a promise.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 11:11 AM   #1710
othr
Mate

Downloads: 83

Thank you lurker, you're the bomb.

Just so you know, I'm not trying to be argumentative. Love your mod, only reason I play this over SH3 (I'm a sucker for eye candy and SH4 has some really nice graphics). The museum will crash for me every time, and I just did a clean reinstall of SH4+OM, without OMEGU.

Tried with OMEGU, also crashes

I'd give you a hand with the mod but, I'm afraid, my skills are not up to the task, sorry!
othr is offline   Reply With Quote