Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-22, 10:01 AM   #14281
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I believe Dominic Rabb is the deputy and he would take over, the current government majority being somewhere in the region of eighty seats.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 05-31-22, 12:11 PM   #14282
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-31-22, 02:53 PM   #14283
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

I would say that it's better for him to resign/step-down now, then waiting for the unavoidable- He must know by now in which direction the wind is blowing.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 06-01-22, 12:26 AM   #14284
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364
Default Here in America

We don't care, If you throw out Boris! Americans want to know that the United Kingdom is contributing it's fair share. Not of old war materials But Money.We don't hear about Billion dollars of cash going to the Ukraine government.From your government like ours.See times are tough. And i know somebody will respond. And i'm going to give you the Greta Thunberg response. Blah,Blah and double Blah.

Last edited by Gorpet; 06-01-22 at 12:49 AM.
Old 06-01-22, 07:35 AM   #14285
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Dominic Raab has dismissed claims Boris Johnson is about to face a leadership contest, despite growing resignation calls from Tory MPs.

Speculation is mounting that Mr Johnson could soon face a no-confidence vote over widespread Covid rule-breaking in Downing Street.

But deputy PM Mr Raab said this was "Westminster talking to itself".

It comes as the PM's standards adviser called on him to say how his actions complied with ministerial rules.

Lord Geidt said Mr Johnson had failed to publicly set out why his fine for breaking Covid rules did not also break the rules governing ministers' behaviour, which say they must comply with the law.

Breaking the ministerial code is normally seen as a resigning matter.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61657209

Old 06-01-22, 09:54 AM   #14286
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-01-22, 11:31 AM   #14287
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

One of Boris Johnson's strongest cabinet allies has hit out out Tory MPs trying to oust him, accusing them of doing "the opposition's work".

Culture Secretary Nadine Dorries claimed growing calls for the PM to resign were the result of a "co-ordinated campaign" by backbenchers.

Criticism of Mr Johnson among Tory MPs has increased since Sue Gray's Partygate report last week.

But Ms Dorries said the "overwhelming" majority still backed him.

Twelve Conservative MPs have called on Mr Johnson to quit since the release of Ms Gray's report laid bare the scale of Covid rule-breaking in No 10.

It takes the number now openly calling on him to resign to 28. Most of have written letters of no confidence in him, although the total number formally calling for a contest may be higher.

Mr Johnson has dismissed calls for him to quit, adding it would not be "responsible right now given everything that's going on".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61657209

Old 06-01-22, 11:34 AM   #14288
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-03-22, 04:22 PM   #14289
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

This is the time of transition. Unspoken, undeclared, yet everybody knows it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61645993

Duty and discipline and no scandals that she has caused herself. Respect, Madam!
Old 06-05-22, 01:33 PM   #14290
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
This is the time of transition. Unspoken, undeclared, yet everybody knows it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-61645993

Duty and discipline and no scandals that she has caused herself. Respect, Madam!
GOD SAVE the QUEEN

Old 06-05-22, 01:34 PM   #14291
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Then on the other side of the coin...

Boris Johnson would win a confidence vote on his leadership, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has said, as the PM continues to face calls to resign.

Some Tory MPs have told the BBC such a ballot could be triggered this week, but Mr Shapps disagreed.

He also shrugged off crowds booing the PM, saying politicians didn't expect to be "popular all the time".

But Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer said it was a sign voters were "fed up" with the government.

He argued the jeers that greeted the prime minister when he attended a Platinum Jubilee celebration were a response to the government's "inaction" over the cost of living crisis.

However, speaking to the BBC's Sunday Morning programme, Mr Shapps said prime ministers had to make difficult decisions and not everyone would approve.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61696059

Old 06-06-22, 05:51 AM   #14292
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

No Confidence vote for Boris tonight.

This is it, has Bozo still got his lying mojo or has he lost it?, the Tory Rebels need 180 votes to get rid of him and I would think they'll be lucky to muster up 120 to 130 of them. Party Politics will be at play today and those Tory Whips will be running around Parliament like headless chickens. It's a secret vote so the whips will have no clue as to how they've voted, Bozo will not know if half his cabinet have stabbed him in the back or not and we all know what happened to Thatcher in the 90's, could it happen again?, me thinks not, but then again I'm not an evil bastard like those Tory MP's are.

This "Vote of No Confidence" has took months to achieve and was always doomed to fail from the outset, the only chance the Tory rebels had is if these letters of no confidence had been put in the same week that all this Partygate nonsense broke out. The Tories don't have a natural successor to take over the helm from Bozo, if they had anyone with some charm and charisma they might have had a chance of outing him but as it is they are leaderless and clueless.

After the by-elections there will be a purge from Bozo and some Government Ministerial appeasement appointments forthcoming, “Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer” is the old mantra. A few ministerial posts here and there for some of the rebels will do for him what a thousand words can't, anyone with any common sense knows "Money will beget their Loyalty" and their principles can **** off.

Starmer will be chomping at the bit for the next General Election to be called, "October next year at the earliest I would imagine" and that will be his downfall, no one likes backing a loser and Starmer and his Shadow Cabinet have "Loser" written on their foreheads in Red Ink. I sense another Purge coming from the Labour Party soon and it can't come quick enough.
Old 06-06-22, 06:08 AM   #14293
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Pretty much agree with all of the above

Old 06-06-22, 06:59 AM   #14294
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Ballot win Boris Johnson doesn't mean political escape

It's been coming.

The festival of guesswork, the orgy of speculation.

Not even the Platinum Jubilee could dial it down.

The simple truth is the Partygate row has incensed lots of people and a growing number of Conservative MPs felt it was behaviour that was impossible to defend.

As Tory MPs decide whether to remove Boris Johnson from office, this is about more than just wine and leaving dos.

It's what it says about the prime minister's character that unnerves so many Tory MPs.

Some are blunt: either they remove Boris Johnson or the electorate removes him and them from government at the next election.

But plenty - including the rebels - expect Boris Johnson to win the confidence vote tonight.

But an arithmetic win is not the same as a political one.

Theresa May won a confidence vote easily, but was gone within six months.

What we will get tonight is an indisputable number: the number of Tory MPs who want the prime minister out.

It's a number that will hang around Boris Johnson's neck for the rest of his time in office.

He will argue other numbers matter far more: the nearly 14 million people who voted Conservative at the last election.

The whopping majority he won.

But make no mistake: confidence votes are almost always bad news for political leaders.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61707571

Old 06-06-22, 07:18 AM   #14295
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

How long time does he have left in Number 10 if the British Parliament vote against him-A majority vote against him ?

Shall he leave as he is or does he have some days to pack his thing ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics