Closed Thread

Old 07-14-20, 11:58 AM   #12766
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Something positive for a change (I hope it does not become a bad habit...) What I did not believe woud, happen, happened: the UK bans Huawei completely from 5G infrastructure building.
I thought that would please you. I certainly did me.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-15-20, 04:39 PM   #12767
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Chris Grayling fails to become intelligence chair, I should bloody think so as well, Grayling and intelligence should never be used in the same sentence.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...?ocid=msedgdhp

Revenge of the Bozo, new intelligence committee chair, Conservative MP Julian Lewis loses Tory whip, what a spiteful small minded bastard that Bozo Johnson is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53422010
Old 07-16-20, 02:36 AM   #12768
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I thought that would please you. I certainly did me.
I wish they would be as consequent in Germany. Cyber attacks and hackers trying to break into a self-made system is bad enough, but letting them build and install it?
Problem is that no one in the glorious west seems to be able to build a good and secure 5G system. We have lost the advantage, sat back and let them steal vital achievements, which then were improved by others. Not that we can blame them.. it is a well known habit everywhere. Wiretap, steal, improve, sell.
Oh hello Microsoft.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-16-20, 04:40 AM   #12769
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I wish they would be as consequent in Germany. Cyber attacks and hackers trying to break into a self-made system is bad enough, but letting them build and install it?
Problem is that no one in the glorious west seems to be able to build a good and secure 5G system. We have lost the advantage, sat back and let them steal vital achievements, which then were improved by others. Not that we can blame them.. it is a well known habit everywhere. Wiretap, steal, improve, sell.
Oh hello Microsoft.

Old 07-16-20, 05:22 AM   #12770
Moonlight
Admiral

As this b.l.m movement has turned into a political movement I've put this in here, move it if you want to, although I don't know why you'd want to do that.

The sculpture of Black Lives Matter protester Jen Reid which replaced the statue of slaver Edward Colston was removed this morning.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews...-reid-removed/

This statue had nothing to do with Bristol, its people, or its history, it was just a militant black power movements political symbol and it should have been dumped in a rubbish tip where it belongs.

And I say this to our political figures and especially the BBC and the rest of the mainstream media taking a knee every morning, one day you will reap what you sow.
Old 07-16-20, 07:38 AM   #12771
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Council workers used ropes to secure the statue of Jen Reid before removing it and loading it into a recycling and skip hire lorry.
I must admit, that bit made me laugh

Old 07-18-20, 01:42 PM   #12772
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Nine boats carrying 125 migrants have been intercepted on their way to the UK as searches continue for more vessels.

The Home Office said Border Force dealt with several incidents on Friday after being alerted to small boats in the Channel.

Meanwhile, French authorities picked up three migrants in a kayak plus another 15 in a broken down boat and returned them to France.

No nationality details were available at this stage, the Home Office said.

The migrants would be interviewed and dealt with in line with immigration rules, transferring to detention where appropriate, it added.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-53456488
I reckon Sir Winston Boris Cummings has taken one eye off the ball.

Old 07-20-20, 02:36 PM   #12773
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The UK government will suspend its extradition treaty with Hong Kong "immediately and indefinitely".

Announcing the move, Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said the UK "wants a positive relationship" with China.

But he said the "imposition" of the new national security law in Hong Kong by Bejing was a "serious violation" of the country's international obligations.

Labour said it would support changes to the law, calling it a "step in the right direction".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53476811

Old 07-23-20, 04:20 AM   #12774
Moonlight
Admiral

FOOTING THE BILL Fury as Britain gives more than £70m in aid for super-rich China to train teachers and set up windfarms

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/121991...id-rich-china/

That's an expensive chinese takeaway, I thought Bozo and all the rest of his dumb pillocks cabinet were going to do something about all of this nonsense, apparently not.
This money for nothing free for all from the British taxpayers is a bloody knife in the ribs for all the low paid workers of Britain, I'd like to look in their books and see who else is getting a brown envelope, I hope there's one coming my way soon as I need a new helicopter as the old ones knocking on a bit, Bozo you idiot, get these free handouts stopped Now.
Old 07-23-20, 04:24 AM   #12775
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Agreed, this madness must stop.

Old 07-23-20, 04:47 AM   #12776
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The response to the coronavirus pandemic has shown the "sheer might" of the UK union, Boris Johnson has said ahead of Thursday's visit to Scotland.

The trip, a year on since he became PM, will see Mr Johnson meet members of the armed forces and their families.

He said troops had done "vital work" to support the NHS during the pandemic and praised Treasury job retention schemes.

But the SNP said the visit showed Mr Johnson was "in a panic" about rising support for Scottish independence.

Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she had no plans to meet Mr Johnson, but that she would continue work with his government on the "immediate priority" of tackling coronavirus.

Mr Johnson said he "pledged to be a prime minister for every corner of the United Kingdom", adding that the response to the pandemic had shown his government's commitment to the whole of the UK.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-53485651
Should be interesting to see what response his visit generates....negative I suspect.

Old 07-25-20, 05:04 AM   #12777
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The UK and EU have said they still remain some way off reaching a post-Brexit trade agreement, following the latest negotiations in London.

EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier said a deal looked "at this point unlikely" given the UK position on fishing rights and post-Brexit competition rules.

His UK counterpart David Frost said "considerable gaps" remained in these areas, but a deal was still possible.

The UK has ruled out extending the December deadline to reach a deal.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53513612

Old 07-25-20, 05:07 AM   #12778
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/25/u...ntl/index.html

The disastrous handling of Corona by Johnson seems to inevitably lead to a divorce between Scotland and the rest of the UK. Not only did Corona ripple-bomb Brexit ambitions with unforseeable additional economic problems and complications, but the ahhandling of it by Johnson showed an awesomely awful level of misguided incompetence and populistic dilletantism. At least that is my perception from a distance: the UK did far worse than I expected, and I did not expect the best at all. My original position on Brexit is know by everybody, I was strictly pro Brexit. But I have very severe doubts that the UK can swallow all what has been thrown at it in the past 6 months. Corona. China pissed. US deal delayed until after Novembre, if ever coming, and thne either Trump will dictate terms and conditions, or Biden will remind the UK that it nevertheless lies in Europe. Plus some of what the Americans want and what the EU wants, is mutually exlcusive: certain food legislations for example.

It all has become a bit too much. Probably Brexit nevertheless will be completed, by I am not optimistic anymore for the time after that. And Johnson clearly has signalled his limitations.
Old 07-25-20, 08:25 AM   #12779
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Still early days and only time will eventually tell.

Old 07-25-20, 08:27 AM   #12780
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Every big problem once has been a small problem before - that was when it had to be solved.

Tags
british, politics