Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-22, 02:34 PM   #421
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Well.
The 7th Cavalry didn't figure The Original Home Land Security Force and Sitting Bull any kind of threat.
It's not what Confidence They give you. It's what they inspire in their Troops.
Old 02-01-22, 02:49 PM   #422
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

We know that in the early years of the conflict the Ukrainian forces were few, badly equipped, and trained according to Sovjet doctrine - the Russian thus klnow very well how the Ukrianians would reatc and what they would do and how much time it would take them.

Since then, the Ukrainian troop levels were raised from a few thousand to over one hundred thousand (I red a few weeks ago). They have access to better equipment, and got raining and aid by US and British militrary advisors. They do not tick by Sovjet tactical doctrine anymore. At least that is what is being claimed.

On the other hand, the Russian forces have a massive modernization behind them, and they too do not fight by Sovjet tactics anymore. They field some of the most advanced military kit in the world, have huge advantages in ATGM and SAM missiles, also better tanks and ammunition. It must be expected that they learned lessons from the Goergia war, too. What has survive duntil today is their huge favouring of superior artillery and missile firepower, and RPG-style systems at every level of unit formation. They are obsessed with these. And it pays dividends for them.

They should have better ELINT and jamming capacities. I would even assume they could jam a battlefield in the Ukraine to levels where the Ukrainian networks would become deaf from silence.

A massive, huge capability in cyber warfare also speak for the Russians.

Air defences that provide them with area-denial capabilities even against modern Western systems and platforms.

Air superiority anyway.

The Ukrainians cannot win this, they can only impose a price to pay, and get some delays.

The Russians also must not deal with y hypersensitive moralising public at home. If they feel like wantign to flattren a too impetrtzinet obstacle, they can and will do it where a Western force would need to consider politics and the geneala mood at home.

Last but not least, the Russians are masters of media and public opinion manipulation, and psychops.

I have high respect for some of their fighter models and latest tanks. These command respect indeed. I would assume strongly that the changed and fundamentally raised capabiilties in communication and networking is being reflected by according changes and training at the tactical level. They are not dumb, there is no reason why we would want to assume that they have not learned form what went not so well with their tanks in Georgia 2014.
Old 02-01-22, 03:17 PM   #423
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Skybird wrote
"The Ukrainians cannot win this, they can only impose a price to pay, and get some delays"

Thou longer they can keep the battle going and prevent Russia from invading the country thou better is the chance they will get military aid and perhaps help from special forces/troops from abroad.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 02-01-22, 06:54 PM   #424
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
In his first significant comments on the crisis in several weeks, he said America's goal was to use a confrontation as a pretext to impose more sanctions on Russia.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60220702

Markus

Old 02-01-22, 09:42 PM   #425
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

I wonder if theres a Ukrainian version of this if military hardware is in short supply and your enemy as five times your force givem both barrels of your humor we did in 1940 when invaison loomed large and the B.E.F. had only brought thier riffels home and the only fully equiped division in England at the time was Canadian in late June 1940

The Video below is early 1940 as the B.E.F. arrived in France

Last edited by blackswan40; 02-01-22 at 11:42 PM.
blackswan40 is online  
Old 02-01-22, 10:53 PM   #426
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

with any luck it might all be a Russian papper tiger so to speak Mr Crazy Ivan
uping the anti hoping to drive a wedge between nato countries to see what consessions he can get using Nordstream II gas pipeline so Germany and France dont want to get too involved in the Ukrianian Crisis and America not wanting any more military adventures but then theres other consequences Sweden moving closer to Nato and Poland doubling the size of their army within three years and buying more F-35's from America
and all nato members states increase military spending upto 5% plus of their GDP so a new cold war begins

Sooner or later mr Putin's going to as we say up north chit or get off the pot! if you've dug a big hole deeper and deeper but you hav'nt got a ladder its very hard getting out of a big hole
if he does invade Ukraine and Russian mothers and wifes see 40000 sons and huspands coming home in body bags and stop the war marches gather pace all over Russia it could be seen as absolute folly for mr putins Ukrainian adventure and after all the destruction and blood letting Ukraine becomes a nato member sour grapes indeed

Last edited by blackswan40; 02-02-22 at 12:03 AM.
blackswan40 is online  
Old 02-02-22, 12:12 AM   #427
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Well.
The 7th Cavalry didn't figure The Original Home Land Security Force and Sitting Bull any kind of threat.
It's not what Confidence They give you. It's what they inspire in their Troops.
Have you been (familiar) to the Battlefield? I would've paid money to see the look on Custer's face, after he went past Weir Point and saw the whole valley....and all of the people down there! ...that moment, when you realize you made a horrible mistake.
Old 02-02-22, 12:20 AM   #428
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Old 02-02-22, 12:50 AM   #429
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
Have you been (familiar) to the Battlefield? I would've paid money to see the look on Custer's face, after he went past Weir Point and saw the whole valley....and all of the people down there! ...that moment, when you realize you made a horrible mistake.
I doubt that Custer was all that impressed with the sight. If he was he could have pulled back and linked up with Benteen and Reno in a defensive posture or withdrew altogether but instead he continued his attack after sending word back by the Bugler Martin (one lucky SOB BTW) of a "big village" and for Benteen to move forward.

Things might have turned out a little different too if Benteen hadn't dawdled and Reno had stood his ground but we'll never know.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 02-02-22, 02:42 AM   #430
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
The Video below is early 1940 as the B.E.F. arrived in France

I have some old 78's of George Formby!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 02-02-22, 07:20 AM   #431
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Boris Johnson is due to speak with Vladimir Putin today, following the president’s accusation that the West is ignoring Russia’s security concerns.

The Kremlin said that it would provide details if and when President Putin spoke to PM Boris Johnson by phone and that Mr Putin was ready to talk to anyone, including the “utterly confused”.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2005653.html

I've absolutely no idea who he is referring to

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-02-22, 07:29 AM   #432
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
[...] The Kremlin said that it would provide details if and when President Putin spoke to PM Boris Johnson by phone and that Mr Putin was ready to talk to anyone, including the “utterly confused”.
I've absolutely no idea who he is referring to
^ well he already has some experience with those, from Trump to Baerbock

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 02-02-22, 07:38 AM   #433
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ well he already has some experience with those, from Trump to Baerbock
It's this new political pandemic a tells ya

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-02-22, 07:41 AM   #434
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Pres. Dr. psych. V. Putin, inventor of so-called confrontation therapy, has still has some appointments available in February.
Old 02-02-22, 08:31 AM   #435
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Does this come as a surprise for you ?

https://twitter.com/m_suchkov/status...84856951709701

Try to find the other papers-without any luck

Markus

Closed Thread