SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-08-12, 09:01 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default tool to automatically end processes - like EndItAll2

I'm looking for a tool like the old EndItAll2, that with one click closes/kills all unneeded background processes under W7x64. I'm looking to optimize FSX performance, so related processes should stay alive. Google shows many options, but with very widespread feedback. I have no idea which one is recommendable, and what tool better is to avoid.
Old 06-09-12, 07:21 AM   #2
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Skybird, I used to use EnditAll, and it went through a long time not being updated. It also had the problem that the sure way to get all your services back was to reboot. Made you reluctant to press the button if you didn't have to in order to run the game at all.

I discovered IOBit's Game Booster 3. It has all of EnditAll's functions, plus analyzers, debugging, and then the coup de grace, when you exit your game it automatically restores all your services! My son says that the free version is leaving us sometime. I can't verify that.

In any event this thing does everything EnditAll does, can automatically run with selectable games, tells you the percentage of resources gained, tells you whether it is a good idea to select any specific process for elimination and then automatically restores the stopped processes when you exit your game.

It's made a great difference on my machines.

Edit: verified, there are 21 days to download this thing for free. If they're charging under $40 it will be well worth the expenditure, but free is better. You ought to give it a try before it's a paid program. My understanding is that if you've downloaded it for free you'll continue to be able to use it after it becomes a non-free program.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 06-09-12 at 08:54 AM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-12, 07:38 AM   #3
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76
Uploads: 0

I use Gamebooster, I think the last free download is 30th June, after that there is a small charge. It's worked flawlessly for me, I cannot confirm exactly how much it improve things, but there has been no downside. It's simple and customisable, and not nearly as difficult to understand how to use as Aclarity PC. I did a lot of research on its safety before downloading.

I forgot to run it the other night, and at a critical moment in BF3 the screen went black and a little 'An update is available for...' popped-up in the bottom right corner.