Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-17-06, 01:42 PM   #1
Stratos
Helmsman

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default Calling Horsa

Hello!
Going to reinstall DC, discovered I lost the backup Cd with your Quick mission generator EXCEL document.
Any way you can make available to download or send it to:

capitanstratos at yahoo dot es please??

Thank's a lot!!

P.S. I still thinking you should make it avaialble to everyone
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-06, 05:30 PM   #2
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3

Try this link. I think it is the same version
http://www.amberphotography.co.uk/navalsite/Downloads/DCSH2/DC/QMG1.2.zip
Quote:
I still thinking you should make it avaialble to everyone
LOL . I think "everybody" these days consists of you, me, Glowwormguy, two or three other guys and a little green man who lives on Jupiter.

Last edited by horsa; 07-26-06 at 06:54 AM.
horsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-06, 07:54 PM   #3
GlowwormGuy
Planesman

Downloads: 89

That's terribly saddening... how goes it with you these days Horsa?

Mountbatten
Old 07-18-06, 07:47 AM   #4
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Been busy with a team working on a project for over two years now. I keep sniffing round DC for some light relief every now and again. It’s still the best available game for surface combat modding, despite all its limitations. :hmm:

It’s tempting to look at SH3 because its environment is so beautiful and it is possible to introduce new models, but it’s not designed for surface ships except in a shop window sort of thing. ( no player control) .

I’d really like to see Marcasom’s Mare Nostrum up and running, but it’s been “nearly finished “ for 7 months now, and sadly no ongoing news.
Old 07-18-06, 02:53 PM   #5
Stratos
Helmsman

Yeah that's it!! Thank's a lot. I really love the fights in Cl vs other cruisers. And yes, is sad how the people migrated to other game. Anyone know If we ever will have a DC2?? ( hope that with bigger ships playable )
Old 07-20-06, 01:24 PM   #6
roverdog
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

Thanks
Horsa,

I had a computer crash and lost all m,y DC stuff It would be great if I could find your SeaLords stuff again. That was great and really was starting to make DC a full surface sim. I love BBs and CAs and loved using the Atlanta CLs for AA with all their 5" guns.

DC could have been a full surface sim. All that really needed to be added was a fire conttrol screen for the secondary guns. A fire control screen for the 40mm AAs would have been nice too.

Its too bad that naval sims seemed to disappear. Upgrades to the Great Naval Battle series,TF 1942 and Fighting Steel so they could be played on new machines with the latest hardware. They would look so nice with updated graphics!!!

Rover
roverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-06, 04:59 AM   #7
GlowwormGuy
Planesman

Default Better game play

Yeah, better graphics would be nice, though quite frankly I'd be happy seeing such things as crew quality and training, proper smoke (and making smoke) and gunnery (including BVR gunnery) and a better, branching campaign with the possibility for random convoy actions and historic battles like they had in the old Aces of Dynamix.

Well, for me the ultimate problem (and I think with our Italian brethern of the sea as well) is the worry that even if we continue to make wonderful stuff for this game no one appreciates it anymore. Which is sad as I really don't have inclination or money to upgrade to WinXP and SH/DC suits me to a tee.

So sad...

Mountbatten
Old 07-21-06, 11:19 PM   #8
turbidite
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Still around even if not contributing much, too busy with http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/product...stalingrad.htm

Funny that land warfare makes me long for the sea

I've downloaded Minensuchboote 42 and plans to try it when I get around re-installing DC at work.

Keep up the mods if you enjoy doing them , I'm sure some people logs in now and then to find if new stuff has been released.
turbidite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-06, 05:12 AM   #9
Werewolf
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 69

I DO appriciate the work that is continuing on DC VERY MUCH

Wish the companies could forget subsims for a while and discover that there was a war going on ON the surface too and not only under it and make a DC2
Werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-06, 03:31 AM   #10
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
the worry that even if we continue to make wonderful stuff for this game no one appreciates it anymore
So true! I had dozens of projects lying around in the HDD that never were completed as I noticed that interest was lost in DC...

An ASW campaign with a FFG, Auxiliary cruiser scenarios and some surface action stuff in the Arctic are now abandoned in a remote folder somewhere in my HDD. Some I would have completed anyway, had I not hit against the 14000 yards visibility limit
Old 08-19-06, 07:30 AM   #11
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
the worry that even if we continue to make wonderful stuff for this game no one appreciates it anymore
So true! I had dozens of projects lying around in the HDD that never were completed as I noticed that interest was lost in DC...
Much the same experience for me.

I keep tinkering around with some mods for my own pleasure, but whenever I start thinking about anything serious I have to apply the brakes because I ask myself who would be interested.
Old 08-19-06, 09:46 PM   #12
GlowwormGuy
Planesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsa
Quote:
Much the same experience for me.

I keep tinkering around with some mods for my own pleasure, but whenever I start thinking about anything serious I have to apply the brakes because I ask myself who would be interested.
Ditto... I was working on a 'Hollywood' war campaign -

HMS Gauntlet (from HMS Glowworm) in the North Sea and Norway
HMS Kinross (from HMS Torrin) in the North Sea and Mediterranean (In Which We Serve)
HMS Sirdar (from the Guns of Navarone) in the Mediterranean
HMS Ulysses (from the McLean novel) in the Arctic (would have loved to see Hitman's stuff)

But since no one seems to hang out much anymore it gets, well, demoralizing. It's bad enough I can't replace or redo weapons platforms - the Battle class would be a nice thing to mod the Kelly Class for example... but I don't know.

Well I just upped the Giorgios Averoff and the old Minensuchboote if anyone's interested.

Cheers,
Mountbatten
Old 08-21-06, 04:29 PM   #13
Stratos
Helmsman

Where is the SeaLords mod for download??
Anyone??
Old 08-26-06, 06:31 AM   #14
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

It can be found in this site. Its part of a site I started for collating some of the old DC/SH2 mods ( unfinished) . Some of Glowwormguy's ships are on it as well.

http://www.amberphotography.co.uk/na...face_Index.htm

I haven't given this mini-mod a run for ages so I would be interested in how it performs . Let me know how you get on .

Bear in mind it was created over 3 years ago and even then it wasn't exactly cutting edge or bug free

Last edited by horsa; 08-26-06 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-31-06, 01:50 PM   #15
roverdog
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

Just wanted top say that I appreciate anything that makes DC a better sim, like Sealords.

Thanks
to the Modders!
roverdog is offline   Reply With Quote