Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-22, 12:50 PM   #6361
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

U.S. imposes additional sanctions on Russia in area of advanced technology

The U.S. Treasury Department announced additional sanctions against Russia in the area of advanced technology, banning the sale or any provision of quantum computing services to individuals from the Russian Federation.

This is stated in a statement of the Ministry of Finance on September 15, reports Censor.NЕТ with reference to "European truth".

In particular, export, re-export, sale, direct or indirect provision of quantum computing services to any person in Russia is prohibited.

The Department of Commerce concurrently imposed additional export controls on quantum computing equipment, software, and technology to Russia and Belarus, and the State Department imposed further sanctions on Russian companies involved in this area, which is necessary, among other things, for the military-industrial complex.

About three dozen research institutes and companies were on the sanctioned list.

"As a whole, these actions of the US government will further undermine the ability of the Russian Federation to restore its military forces with the support of advanced technologies, in which it previously relied on the US," the communique states. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3367416

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-15-22, 01:16 PM   #6362
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-15-22, 01:29 PM   #6363
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Latest stupid, huge table has coffin in middle of it.

Symbolic. https://twitter.com/DarthPutinKGB/st...12675842048004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 09-15-22, 01:43 PM   #6364
Exocet25fr
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 254

Old 09-15-22, 01:56 PM   #6365
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Reporters, journalist, politicians and ordinary people can discuss the use of Nukes from here to eternity

It's only 1 or 2 Person in Russia who has the power to press the button

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 09-15-22, 02:01 PM   #6366
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocet25fr View Post
Well then bring it on. If that’s the road Russia wants to take then I say we retaliate with everything at our disposal and obliterate all they ever held dear, their men, women, elderly, mothers, fathers, grandparent, infants, children, boys and girls, innocents and guilty alike. Their homes, cities, towns, culture, and way of life. Every last remnant of their existence, that nobody will ever know they were here. Burn them all down.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 09-15-22 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-15-22, 02:13 PM   #6367
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Massive anti-Russian, anti-Putin, protests underway in Georgia.

Also Reports of Georgian Army units moving towards the borders of South Ossetia, occupied by Russia.

Old 09-15-22, 02:15 PM   #6368
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Are we now witnessing the downfall of the Russian empire ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 09-15-22, 02:17 PM   #6369
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Well then bring it on. If that’s the road Russia wants to take then I say we retaliate with everything at our disposal and obliterate all they ever held dear, their men, women, elderly, mothers, fathers, grandparent, infants, children, boys and girls, innocents and guilty alike. Their homes, cities, towns, culture, and way of life. Every last remnant of their existence, that nobody will ever know they were here.
Lets say you trade Severodvinsk for New York. Or Archangelsk for San Diego.

Who has lost more then - you, or them?

We are richer than they are. We have more at stake. We can lose more than they can lose.

You cannot win a full scale nuclear exchange. In it, the stronger side is the bigger loser.

Those Russians in that clip are stupid propaganda puppets, btw. That stupid women is smiling while she talks. Shows that either she knows she is not serious anyway - or that she has no brains. I dont care for such talkingby such puppets who have strings attached.
Old 09-15-22, 02:30 PM   #6370
Dargo
Admiral

Default Government launches budget sequestration after biggest revenue collapse in 11 years

For the first time since the pandemic crisis, the Russian government is launching a large-scale sequestration of the federal budget, which experienced a collapse in revenues in the summer, which statistics have not seen since at least 2011.

Ministries and departments received a notification from the Ministry of Finance on a reduction in funding in 2022-2023. by 10%, Vedomosti reports, citing a source close to the Cabinet. According to him, the so-called "unprotected articles" will go under the knife, while there are no plans to cut the costs of pensions, salaries of state employees and the healthcare system.

The government is even going to increase the financing of the army, which is bogged down in the war with Ukraine: the state defense order program, which costs the budget about 2 trillion rubles a year, will remain at the same level, and another indexation is being prepared for military salaries. This will lead to an increase in overall military spending, explains a source close to the Ministry of Defense.

The sequestration of the budget, which was hit by sanctions, a recession in the economy and the strengthening of the ruble, is not a surprise, says Natalya Orlova, chief economist at Alfa-Bank.

Since the beginning of the summer, the government has been unable to balance revenues with expenditures, and the accumulated total for June-August received a deficit of 1.452 trillion rubles. As a result, almost all the "surplus" of money that had been accumulated in six months was spent by autumn: out of 1.589 trillion rubles at the beginning of June, only 131 billion rubles remained by the end of August.

The budget is rapidly losing revenue under the pressure of sanctions and their consequences, Raiffeisenbank analysts write. Difficulties with the sale of oil to Asia and the shutdown of gas to European countries led to the fact that in July, oil and gas tax revenues collapsed by 29% yoy - a record for 11 years of available statistics. In August, they sank another 13%, to a minimum for 14 months (671.9 billion rubles).

Fees from non-primary sectors of the economy fell in August by 14% in annual terms, to 1.157 trillion rubles. And the total budget revenues - by 10%, to 1.829 trillion rubles. At the same time, expenses increased by 8.4% year-on-year to RUB 2.174 trillion.

As the recession in the economy gains momentum, the treasury receives less and less VAT, customs duties and income tax. As a result, the government needs more and more expensive oil to make ends meet. The 2022 budget would be balanced if a barrel cost $105, Orlova estimates. In fact, oil companies receive almost 30% less - $74.4 per barrel of Urals in August.

If inflation is taken into account, then in real terms, the failure of non-resource budget revenues reaches 30%, and “this is a disaster,” says Evgeny Suvorov, an economist at Centrocredit Bank. The government has the NWF in reserve, but in conditions when the currency is frozen by sanctions, spending from it is just a money issue, he says: the Ministry of Finance transfers the currency to the account of the Central Bank, and the latter “converts” it into “printed” rubles.

Despite the difficulties with the budget, the government is unlikely to make significant spending cuts, Orlova doubts: “Overcoming the recession requires financing support measures, and the March 2024 electoral cycle dictates its own terms.”

Probably, by urging departments to tighten their belts, the Ministry of Finance "forms a reserve to cover other expenses," she suggests.

https://www-moscowtimes-eu.translate..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Quote:
Old 09-15-22, 02:34 PM   #6371
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Massive anti-Russian, anti-Putin, protests underway in Georgia.

Also Reports of Georgian Army units moving towards the borders of South Ossetia, occupied by Russia.
"Reports of Georgian Army units moving towards the borders of South Ossetia"

Georgian officials have repeatedly announced they will not launch a war to retake Abkhazia and South Ossetia, and the US and EU do not want them to do so either. It's not happening. https://twitter.com/NeilPHauer/statu...86022559105028

Information spread by some unreliable sources that Georgian military units are moving towards Tskhinvali region (South Ossetia) does NOT reflect the truth. https://twitter.com/visionergeo/stat...71629825736705

Quote:
Old 09-15-22, 02:46 PM   #6372
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Lets say you trade Severodvinsk for New York. Or Archangelsk for San Diego.

Who has lost more then - you, or them?

We are richer than they are. We have more at stake. We can lose more than they can lose.

You cannot win a full scale nuclear exchange. In it, the stronger side is the bigger loser.

Those Russians in that clip are stupid propaganda puppets, btw. That stupid women is smiling while she talks. Shows that either she knows she is not serious anyway - or that she has no brains. I dont care for such talkingby such puppets who have strings attached.
No doubt it would be a terrible, however nobody on this side of the pond or in the E.U. is advocating the use of nuclear weapons. But they do on Russian state run media broadcasts.

So two things I consider.

1st, I’m betting on the fact that it takes a massive amount of your GDP to maintain a nuclear arsenal and due to the state of the Russian military and level of corruption it’s an indicator a fair amount of their ‘deterrent’ can’t fly.

2nd it isn’t just having them that’s the deterrent the real deterrent is in one’s willingness to use them when push comes to shove. If need be I’m prepared to push the button myself and let god sort them out. What it boils down if they ever did use a nuke I don’t care what size or the number of them, I want every Russian to regret the decision of their leaders.

Last edited by Rockstar; 09-15-22 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-15-22, 02:50 PM   #6373
Dargo
Admiral

Default Mass burial site containing 440 graves found in Izyum after city liberated...

A mass burial site containing around 440 graves has been found in the Ukrainian city of Izyum after it was liberated from Russian control, a top police officer has told Sky News.

Serhii Bolvinov, the chief police investigator for Kharkiv region, said all the bodies would be exhumed and taken away for forensic examination as part of a major police effort, along with prosecutors and other investigators, to gather evidence of suspected Russian war crimes.

https://news.sky.com/story/mass-buri...orces-12698332

Quote:
Old 09-15-22, 04:47 PM   #6374
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

I take this guy with a grain of salt, but I like salt.
Old 09-15-22, 04:56 PM   #6375
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

https://t.me/grey_zone/15036

Wagner Grey Zone Channel why mobilisation in Russia won't work, citing weak economy and already high protest activity, and the requirement of businesses to pay salaries of mobilised soldiers.

Wagner Grey Zone
Google Translated:

Within the framework of the newly raised discussions, I modestly and subjectively believe that it is not necessary to carry out a general, albeit partial, mobilization of citizens.

Firstly, the so-called SVO has no legal interpretation in Russian law, except for a presidential decree and equating its participants with the status of a veteran, which means that the involvement of citizens employed in production with a significant share in the already weak Russian economy will only lead to her weakening.

The employer will be obliged to leave the persons pulled out from enterprises / commercial organizations with the preservation of wages, and, as practice with the coronovirus has shown, from their own pocket. Businesses will either lay off employees or simply go bankrupt and close.

Also, the vast majority of people who have undergone mobilization will not create the effect that is assigned to it. These individuals lack two main factors for the infantry - experience and motivation. And in society, due to the decrease in approval for the conduct of hostilities in Ukraine, the already high protest activity will increase. All this together can lead to irreparable consequences. Citizens walking, eating and drinking in the peaceful cities of Russia are now generally indifferent to what is happening in Ukraine, but when it affects them, coupled with the complication of the financial situation of the latter, there will be a very nuclear mixture.

In addition, mobilized persons, not from among the reserve, will not strengthen the front one iota, even put a million people under bayonets. Only the experience and motivation of personnel, framed by competent command, can change something.

Closed Thread