SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-20, 07:52 PM   #1
überkapitän1941
Nub

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Support Low FPS inside and around harbours, WAC 5.2

Hi, I play the War Ace Campaign Mod (Mediterranean Campaign) with 4GB patch and only get about 30-40 FPS inside and around harbours. Is this normal behavior for this game? I got the Steam version on Windows 10 with GTX 1060 and 16GB RAM, running the game on high-performance Nvidia processor in the program settings so I should be able to run this game with better performance. I already tried turning particle density low/off which did not help. I also tried the Stripped down Harbours and Flags beta Mod with little to no increase in performance. Now, I understand Mods like this tend to run worse than the base game does and I just recently got into this game, so without coming across any answers for this after several searches online I chose to just ask for advice on the forum here. Other than that I got no problems with running the game besides a few crashes here and there.
überkapitän1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 08:36 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The game was written to play at 30fps, so 30 to 40 is right there. A US TV show used to be broadcast and 29.97 fps, which of course was interlaced. You do not "see" any better differences with the higher frame rates in the game anyway, and might actually eventually mess with the game's "time" clocks. It is better to stay closer to 30 than 130... my opinion. The harbor traffic brings the game to life for me, seeing other boats and ships buzzing about, with the occassional airplane flying overhead. Not too many though, because they are resource stealers...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 09:16 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

überkapitän1941!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 09:39 PM   #4
shadow_wxh
Soundman

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 1

WAC5.2 is a big RAM eater the champaine file is extrodinary large which take most of the memory space,second the harbor is crowded with all kinds of ships and decroration which looks good but eats memory too,third the MOD is premature baby the moddler team didnt work out and disbanded which means this MOD is littered with thousands of bugs, typos, mismatch IDs and you name it... I wounld not recommand anyone new to try this MOD.The ship moddel looks beautiful,has lots of new feasure included and champaine file has some interesting element but it just doesnt work.Use this MOD as a source of scavenge and make you own MOD out of it.
shadow_wxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 12:31 AM   #5
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_wxh View Post
WAC5.2 is a big RAM eater the champaine file is extrodinary large which take most of the memory space,second the harbor is crowded with all kinds of ships and decroration which looks good but eats memory too,third the MOD is premature baby the moddler team didnt work out and disbanded which means this MOD is littered with thousands of bugs, typos, mismatch IDs and you name it... I wounld not recommand anyone new to try this MOD.The ship moddel looks beautiful,has lots of new feasure included and champaine file has some interesting element but it just doesnt work.Use this MOD as a source of scavenge and make you own MOD out of it.
Hi shadow
For me too wac5 so much heavier.. Which your mod list? Thanks
Old 04-21-20, 01:16 AM   #6
shadow_wxh
Soundman

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 1

WAC5.2 + Full Interior + ARB GUI + Stripped down harbour +TAM&UCS + H.sie supplement.

Almost all of them has some kind of error and requires manual configuration to make it work at the maximum RAM bondaries
shadow_wxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 04:16 PM   #7
überkapitän1941
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The harbor traffic brings the game to life for me, seeing other boats and ships buzzing about, with the occassional airplane flying overhead. Not too many though, because they are resource stealers...
‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎
Old 04-21-20, 04:18 PM   #8
überkapitän1941
Nub

Quote:
second the harbor is crowded with all kinds of ships and decroration which looks good but eats memory too,
Thank you guys for pointing this out. Now, would there exist a Mod or some manual way to limit the amount of ships spawning into harbours?
Old 04-21-20, 04:19 PM   #9
überkapitän1941
Nub

Quote:
I wounld not recommand anyone new to try this MOD.The ship moddel looks beautiful,has lots of new feasure included and champaine file has some interesting element but it just doesnt work.Use this MOD as a source of scavenge and make you own MOD out of it.
Do you have a Mod list to recommend for someone new to the game, or should I just play fixed base game first?
Old 04-22-20, 05:22 AM   #10
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 455

Quote:
Originally Posted by überkapitän1941 View Post
Do you have a Mod list to recommend for someone new to the game, or should I just play fixed base game first?
If you want a mega mod with all included, try LSH3 2015!
Or better, try Ccom12!
These do not need any extra mods, everything is already in there for great experience.

Fifi is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
fps, performance, wac