Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-28-13, 10:03 PM   #1
Yankee14
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Default Finally buying Silent Hunter V - question

Hello guys. Just a quick question, sorry if it's already been asked. I couldn't find my question by using the forum search feature, but maybe I missed it. Anyways:

I've been thinking the last week about buying SH5, and decided today I will do it. I've been using Steam for many years, but thankfully I've had the good fortune of reading through this forum enough to know I should not use Steam to play SH5, for various reasons. So, I will be buying it through Amazon--and of course I will do so through the forum link so that subsim gets some kickback on the cash

However, I wish to know some things before I buy which I haven't been able to figure out. I plan on buying two copies of the Digital Download of the game: one for myself, one for my father. As it stands, I would like to be able to buy the two copies from a single Amazon account, but how would this work?

Must I create a new Amazon account for my dad to use, and purchase one of the copies using that separate account? Or could I buy two copies from one account, and Amazon just gives me two CD keys? Are CD keys even used, or is it some kind of crazy DRM?

If I buy two copies of the game, will Amazon let me download two copies of the game, one for each computer on which I wish to play SH5?

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to be clear on what I was asking.

Thanks,
Yankee
Yankee14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-13, 10:58 AM   #2
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I don't know the answer but I would say even if it wasn't a problem to do both under your account you should do his own under his own account just to avoid any mix ups, confusion, or the possible trouble shooting issues involved.

I myself am NOT a fan of download games and will always pay more to have a disk in my hand. having a disk in hand guarantees you wont have issues in the future with keys that stop working or key use limits and such. even if it might be rare I often see the occasional post of "help! my download key quit working" and those people often are left having to rebuy the game again

just my 2 cents
Old 11-29-13, 11:47 AM   #3
Yankee14
Swabbie

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

I understand that, completely. I used to be the same way about games; I'm just confident that Amazon can sort out any issues I'd have in that regard. But, I'm forced to do the download version anyways because neither my nor my father's computer have disk drives.

Oh well, I'll just do it and see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: For the record, buying multiple copies of the same game from the same Amazon account totally works just fine. If you buy multiple copies, you will see them all in your Amazon Game Library or whatever it's called, and it displays a key for each one. You can then download the game from U-Play or Amazon depending on your preference and use the key to activate it, presumably as many times as you want.

Last edited by Yankee14; 12-05-13 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Update
Yankee14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, silent hunter 5